PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 05:35 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {{Manila Mod}}[26-Sep-2010] Co0kie's Home Tab v2.0.0 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
The new Home Tab beta is REALLY impressive. It's smooth as hell and the new widgets are sweet! Thought I'd try and help with a few bug reports:
SYS 23138 & Manila 2.5.2019 (Core only)

- Worried = I removed the Messaging & Email Tabs and I am using 4 levels on 1 page. The gwes.exe memory usage skyrockets to nearly 45-50Mb.
- The Lockscreen seems to only activate the windows Lockscreen. Or it ALSO activates the WM lockscreen and then the CHT Lockscreen after.

It's still fun as hell to use, and it's only in Beta
If it's fixable, or you have any suggestions, I attached the REG I use in my Visual Kitchen.
Sounds like you have both lockscreen.dll's in your Windows folder.
The CHT lockscreen dll should be 8kB. The original lockscreen dll is >500kB.
If you delete the original, you should be left with just the CHT lockscreen.
Usually the CHT cab dos this by itself on install.
Since you have cooked it in, it would need to be done manually, either in kitchen, or anytime thereafter.

As for GWES.exe growing.
It always has!!

Anyhow, glad you're liking the Beta.
Hope this helps a little at least.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:12 AM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Anyone using CHTEditor and having Import issues, though I recommend all CHT users to update, please read:

Please see the CHTEditor Post in this thread or the CHTEditor thread at XDA and download and install R3 of CHTE 2.0.
It has included the probable fix for the Import issues some people were having with the last release.

Update R3: 28-Sep-2010
CHTEditor v2.0.0.0 Public Beta R3 (revision 3) uploaded.

Changes:
- fixed import bug

PPCG Post - LINK HERE
XDA Thread - LINK HERE

Last edited by santod; 09-29-2010 at 08:28 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Instinct
Carrier: sprint

pistu is just getting started

Do you know when CHT 2.0 will out of Beta? I am planning on hard resetting my phone when I install it so would like to know if its going to be anytime soon.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:34 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistu View Post
Do you know when CHT 2.0 will out of Beta? I am planning on hard resetting my phone when I install it so would like to know if its going to be anytime soon.
Maybe 3 weeks, maybe 5.
It's really hard to say. The probable estimate is around a month.
It truly depends on the number of actual bugs, and the time it takes to trace them down and correct them.
I can say, even for Beta, it's very stable for most users on most devices.
Some bugs will even get fixes, before final comes out.
But as I said, there is no true ETA.
So, I personally wouldn't wait to hard reset, based on that. But that's just me.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:40 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Maybe 3 weeks, maybe 5.
It's really hard to say. The probable estimate is around a month.
It truly depends on the number of actual bugs, and the time it takes to trace them down and correct them.
I can say, even for Beta, it's very stable for most users on most devices.
Some bugs will even get fixes, before final comes out.
But as I said, there is no true ETA.
So, I personally wouldn't wait to hard reset, based on that. But that's just me.
any chance of the manual coming sooner?

thanks 4 the support you put into cht on this forum and busy 4 you more so on xda. thats multi tasking. so many things to learn and understand
Old 09-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

2.0 is absolutely bad ass.

Thank you to everyone involved.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:20 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhadfield View Post
any chance of the manual coming sooner?

thanks 4 the support you put into cht on this forum and busy 4 you more so on xda. thats multi tasking. so many things to learn and understand
It's my pleasure to come here and help those I can.
This was where I used to spend much of my time, but I do put in quite a bit of time at XDA these days as well.
Yes, the manual may very well come sooner and just be updated as needed.
The manual for CHTS is also getting reworked and a nice new facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
2.0 is absolutely bad ass.

Thank you to everyone involved.
Glad you like it.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Very smooth man. Very smooth. Some issues with 2.0 IE some things taken away that were in 1.8.5

No more sliding quick links. in 1.8.5 when I slide up the quick links I found out there was also a panel of links on the left and right.

Well from the HOME SCREEN I found I could "slide" that set of 4 quick links and access the top 4 of the right and left screen. VERY VERY handy. This no longer works in 2.0

I can slide to the left screen but it changes the ENTIRE screen not "just" the quick links and nothing to the right.

The quick links seems much larger now.

I HATE that I have to press and HOLD the slide pop up while previously I could just tap it and then tap the one I wanted to goto.

the new bottom bar is ehhh not sure if I like it. even at smallest size its a bit large or the icons are intrusive. Can we skin this? so I can make the background and the icons smaller and more transparent or make them visually smaller even if the "touch area" is still larger.

THIS is a BIG ONE. I can no longer slide from screen to screen in Sense 2.5 from the home tab.

I can usually get going LEFT to work after many tries but it takes 1 in 20 or so tries to get going RIGHT to work and there appears no ryme or reason as to why it will or will not work.

its NOT my device because once I am "IN" any other sense screen tab the swipe slide works 100% but once I return to cookie home tab sliding just stops working except by random fluke

Also pressing power button to lock the device no longer works (breaks that add on??) it turns the screen on but does not lock the device.

OK I figured this one out. In the past I simply disabled CHT lock screen and it used the normal windows lock screen. now it seems I need to ENABLE CHT lock screen and simply select windows style lock.

I DO like some of the extra lock features. one thing that would be nice is you have an option to lock on end of call. would be nice if this would lock on end of call only if it was LOCKED ON ANSWER CALL.

ie if its locked I get a call and end the call relock but if I am doing something on the phone get a call and end call do NOT lock. (maybe it does that not sure I will have to try it I guess

also when it locks have it turn the screen off as well not "just" lock it.

Weather Widget.

I LOVE the graphics only one. I can make it nice and tiny and no background.

alas I WANT the place and temperatures etc.. but once I do graphics with text I can no longer make it so tiny and I can not get rid of the background??

Also I still can not add multiple clocks (or get rid of the background) for example I usually use the small bar that has date time and the alarm icon. but I hate its background (and now I can no longer slide it half way off the screen getting rid of half its background)

so alternative is to add a clock and a date but it still will not let me add more than one so I have to pick between date or time and never get option for alarm.

the small date time alarm bar without the background would be nice. (and text in said numerals that are WHITE with a black outline so they show up on both light and dark image areas.

Otherwise seems VERY smooth so far. I like it. I am going to stay with 2.0 for now but I do have to say (no threat just my preference) if the slider behavior and sense screen sliding behavior are here to stay I will have to go back to 1.8.5 I just use those too much to lose them.

While the phone is in its windscreen mount I Just swipe left tap the person I want to call from the people screen.

this does not work anymore I now have to use the pop up slider at the bottom. but even that is not so easy. instead of tapping the pop up and then tapping people (which I keep right of home) I now have to REMOVE the phone from the mount (since it can not be done at arms length) tap and HOLD slider with thumb and them slide BACK towards home (since it always defaults to the middle now) and select people and then tap who I want and replace phone in the mount.

Very annoying I really hope its something easy to fix because this 2.0 really does FEEL FASTER than 1.8.5

also anyway to get rid of that extra space screen above the home screen? I don't use it and would prefer it to go away. same with screen left of home screen. I just want 2 the home tab and the quick links tab (and left right quick link tabs)

Here are some Youtube Videos of what I mean.

Home Layout Desires/Issues

YouTube - CHT 2.0 -1

Slide Problems

YouTube - CHT 2.0 -2

also on other. I have the AUTO HIDE installed for the slider tab thingy. is this part of CHT now? I ask because if you notice in video 2 the slider tab NO LONGER hides at all EVER unless I am in the home tab. Then it hides. but from any other sense screen it does not hide any longer.

Can that be fixed?

Last edited by nerys; 09-30-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:35 AM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

@nerys, Pretty much all of your issues or complaints are user configurable. In order for two clocks, try one of the addon widgets. The CHT softkey bar can be turned off and old retractable slider can be enabled if desired. All graphics can be made transparent. If you cant do this, someone else likely has. I have some transparencies, linked in the FAQ on the first page. Don't have much time at the moment to go further in depth, as Im mobile and cant see your post while replying anyhow. Quicklinks set to Independent and pinned on all levels, will make them swipable seperately from the rest of the screen. To disable pages or levels, you can set your max and min in CHTE, however you wish. Anyhow, I suggest doing more digging through your settings and play around with it more. You are missing some stuff and assuming its not there at all, when it is.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Is there something that explains what these things ARE? I have not messed with settings too much because most of them give no clue as to "what" they are. Some of these things just worked in the old version IE there was no "settings" for them that I knew of.

some kind of faq or primer on what the settings are and what they do??

also what about the Sense 2.5 slide issue. I see no setting that would obviously effect this. (thats the big one most of the other stuff I assume as you say can be changed with mods/settings once I can figure them out)

I stopped messing with pinned since when I tried that once it stuffed the weather widget on the RIGHT side of the screen. a portion that "slides open" but does not stay open. Took me some 10 minutes of trial and error swipe and tap real fast to "grab" the widget and get it back on the main screen hehe so I stopped messing with pinned till I could figure out what it meant

swipe from tab to tab works fine Except in the home tab. that is new. Not sure what setting would have any effect on that ??

also what setting would prevent the slider auto hide from no longer functioning on other sense tabs and what setting will stop it from requiring me to tap and HOLD the slider open instead of just tapping and then selecting what tab I want?

Don't take anything the wrong way. I LOVE CHT. its truly a remarkable little program that really enhances the UI of these devices and you do it for FREE which is also remarkable.

Keep up the great work!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software