PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 10:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

jsalh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {{Manila Mod}}[26-Sep-2010] Co0kie's Home Tab v2.0.0 Beta

Enjoying the beta - a great job indeed. Two issues:

1. Just as an FYI - After removing 1.8.5 and installing 2.0 beta - everything worked - except I couldn't answer incoming calls - even after I removed 2.0 - problem fixed after a reflash and now things are working great with 2.0 beta. As someone else said on this site - it could have been a case of "win-rot".

2. Every once in a while the task bar at top (start button, message icons, task, etc) disappears, and then will randomly re-appear when I slide from page to page. Even when it disappears, I can press the top middle area where the "notification icons" would be - and sometimes it jumps to the notifications screen other times it won't.

3. Another thing - may be related to point 2. Is when the screen is turned on (from sleep mode).. everything appears normally - but the task bar at top flickers a few times - like it is refreshing itself. PS - not using a cutom task bar.

Otherwise a wicked app.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Also discovered that if I wiggle my quick links left/right swiping to other sense screens then works.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Im actually liking this.. The cht editor update fixed some issues on my end.

Which of your clear siders still works?

And I agree that making the default hold field for popping up the slider skinable and change icon colors would be a good idea. Maybe thats in the works?

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon

MHatter569 is a n00b

I am having difficulty with 1.8.5.1. I am hoping someone can offer some advice on how to correct this. I love Co0kie's Home Tab.

I have a Verizon TouchPro2 running Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.DinikGlass.Cookie.2 .0.Sep.29, I have been running Energy ROMs for months. When I am updating to the next version of the ROM I perform a full system back-up with SPB Backup. Then after the ROM upgrade is completed I run the restore and select the ROM upgrade option.

I have never had any difficulty with this, until yesterday when I went to the newest Energy with 1.8.5.1, when I restore it places some of the quick launch buttons on the screen in, but not where they are supposed to be.

If I click on the icon it launches the program properly, but I can find no way to delete these links, any ideas?

Thanks in advance...
Old 10-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

santod... do you know where i can get the wallpaper in post 6 (red, blue bubbles)?
Old 10-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i700, i730, 1760, HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sbarnhouse is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHatter569 View Post
I am having difficulty with 1.8.5.1. I am hoping someone can offer some advice on how to correct this. I love Co0kie's Home Tab.

I have a Verizon TouchPro2 running Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.DinikGlass.Cookie.2 .0.Sep.29, I have been running Energy ROMs for months. When I am updating to the next version of the ROM I perform a full system back-up with SPB Backup. Then after the ROM upgrade is completed I run the restore and select the ROM upgrade option.

I have never had any difficulty with this, until yesterday when I went to the newest Energy with 1.8.5.1, when I restore it places some of the quick launch buttons on the screen in, but not where they are supposed to be.

If I click on the icon it launches the program properly, but I can find no way to delete these links, any ideas?

Thanks in advance...
The ROM version (Energy.RHODCDMA.21916.Sense2.5.DinikGlass.Cookie. 2 .0.Sep.29) you are using comes with Version 2.0 of CHT, not 1.8.5.1. It is a beta version with many changes and is why you are not seeing the same quicklinks. You cannot use teh restore feature from 1.8.5 to restore quicklinks to 2.0. You will have to go back to a previous ROM or rebuild your CHT screens to what you want. It is substantially different, however, so you have to spend some time learning it.

Go to this link. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-themes...0-beta-51.html.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

xjack is becoming a great contributor

I've noticed one artifact - I assigned a contact to a freelink and it randomly moves from the center page to the left page on Level 1. I have to edit and drage it back to where I want it. It happens at least once per day.

I have CHTeditor set for :
Portrait
2 Pages (Default 2)
Homeswipe is set for level 1 and 2 only.

Other than that - super speed increase and GREAT new features!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Didn't see a CHTE thread here...so here goes:

Any chance CHTE will allow taskbar & softkey bar skinning for "very wide" wallpapers?

"Very wide" with skinned task & softkey bars would be tight...spanning three pages would rock!!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:53 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjack View Post
I've noticed one artifact - I assigned a contact to a freelink and it randomly moves from the center page to the left page on Level 1. I have to edit and drage it back to where I want it. It happens at least once per day.

I have CHTeditor set for :
Portrait
2 Pages (Default 2)
Homeswipe is set for level 1 and 2 only.

Other than that - super speed increase and GREAT new features!
Glad you're happy with 2.0 and the speed increase it contains.
The contacts as Free Links sometimes moving is a known issue and a fix is coming for that, either before or by the next release update.
See this post HERE for a possible fix, if you are also using CHTS(Look at changelog notes re: quicklinks)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recursion View Post
Didn't see a CHTE thread here...so here goes:

Any chance CHTE will allow taskbar & softkey bar skinning for "very wide" wallpapers?

"Very wide" with skinned task & softkey bars would be tight...spanning three pages would rock!!
The skinning of the bars is actually done by CHTwall.exe, not a part of CHTE, but anyhow, this is not truly possible, in the manner you speak of, at least not as of now. Getting the taskbars to skin in real-time, as you move the screens, would cause serious performance issues, even if possible.
Basically, CHT still uses your WinMo taskbar, which uses one predetermined image for this area.

Anyhow, great idea, possible with a full screen mode, but not through WinMo. It would have to overlay it. So, for now, not it's not gonna happen.
But that's not to say that a full screen mode isn't possible in a later revision of CHT(CHTwall.exe).

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by santod; 10-03-2010 at 10:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:13 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Co0kieMonster
A few status updates:

News on v2.0 final:
Expect it in the week between the 17th and 24th of October.
Right now, I'm in a bit of a time constraint with real life work, but I should be done with that in a week and then start work on v2.0 final after.

The final will be a "no nonsense", bugfixes + unfinished parts only kind of thing, so it should be a straightforward job once I get started.
I've read every post in the thread and written down the reported bugs. I'm happy to see that most bug reports have been detailed, so for about 80% of the reported bugs I already have a pretty good idea what the cause is and how it should be fixed. Thanks for that.

I've also written down the feature requests, but most of those will not be in the final, because, as I said, it will mostly be straightforward bugfixes + unfinished parts release. However, the unfinished parts do include some minor features that didn't make it into the beta or some minor things that could be made more user friendly (based on the feedback I've read).

Thanks and keep up the great feedback.

HVGA (HDmini) port:
A port of CHT 2.0 for HVGA is currently in development by Tumys.
There is no ETA right now, but rest assured HVGA users, Tumys is doing an excellent job on the port.

Draft user manual:
I've uploaded a draft of the CHT v2.0.0 user manual. You can download it from the first post, or this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1286147475

It isn't quite complete yet. So far, I've focused on the new features and possibilities in CHT v2.0.0. I've hopefully also covered some of the common questions that were asked it the thread.

I hope you find it helpful. I will be updating it later with more information about new, but also some older features that aren't yet explained in the draft. If you find your question isn't answered after reading the manual or if you have suggestions about improving the manual in general, please post them here.

Language pack updated:
I have uploaded revision 1 of the language pack to the first post. Download here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1286147438

The previous pack (revision 0) didn't include any actual translations. It was just English text for all languages, so you wouldn't be left with ugly "IDS_*" style placeholder text - there wasn't time to make translations before the beta release.
But now I've received the first translations and the language pack R1 includes the following languages:
Czech, Danish, Greek, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Chinese (Simplified)

Big thanks to the translator who sent those in:
BoneMo, harfot, jolas, jibotella, L_o_k_i, tuniel, Jack_Surfer, daguigto

Addon widget kitchen and dev guide:
I uploaded the addon kitchen to post 6 on the first page: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1286152965

Along with the kitchen tools you'll find:
1) A CHT addon dev guide - it's a draft right now, I'll expand it based on feedback.
2) Source files for all addon widgets.

The dev guide should help you get started, but basic manila and lua knowledge it needed and not explained in the guide. Hopefully the guide will expanded in the future to include that too.
A few devs have already managed to create their own addons, so I'm hoping this will not be too difficult for others either. You can get more information or post your feedback on widget development either here or in the dedicated dev group: xda-developers. Contact me over PM for an invite to the dev group - please, only people who are serious about development.

Last edited by santod; 10-03-2010 at 10:17 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software