PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

ccbroman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: {{Manila Mod}}[26-Sep-2010] Co0kie's Home Tab v2.0.0 Beta

strange issues with cht not allowing me to install addons....

states there are no more slots open....

used cht 2.0 on previous rom never had this issue...

any assistance would be appreciated, thanks
Old 10-05-2010, 01:14 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbroman View Post
strange issues with cht not allowing me to install addons....

states there are no more slots open....

used cht 2.0 on previous rom never had this issue...

any assistance would be appreciated, thanks
I assume you are using a rom with CHT cooked in?(incorrectly) If it is cooked in, just install the cab over top of the cooked in version and it will create the missing reg entries that are preventing you from installing the widgets. If it's not cooked in or that doesnt resolve it, let me know and I will hhave you check something else and we'll go from there.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 10-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon

MHatter569 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00b4s7eve View Post
Yessir.
- You leave Sense enabled, run CHTE, and select "Restore Defaults" from the menu.
- If the HomeTab IS still useable, you can run CHT Editor from the menu or find it in your start menu.

Good Luck.
Thanks, actually neither of those worked. I also tried flashing to another ROM to delete the tabs then go back to the current one which did not work either.

I wanted to share what I did find work in case anyone else ever has this issue. By click and holding on the carrier identification bar a menu came up, I selected edit mode, which then allowed me to click and hold the individual buttons that were misplaced and delete them.

Thanks again for your suggestions.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Arc_Fault is a n00b

I've been running the beta for about a week and really liking it. I have run into some oddities though. When I was setting up quick links for my contacts the empty quick links would be filled up with the icon of one of my contacts, it filled two and a half pages with these at one point, when I tried to edit these links no matter what I entered in for the link it always created link to the contact whose icon was shown.
I could clear these by changing the link and then taping the now contact link to remove it and doing this for all similar links.

I have had some problems with the WM soft keys and task bar.

I don't know if anyone uses this option but I have option to display messages as I get them. When the message ups up the windows soft-keys also come up as normal with the option to reply or the menu for other options, sometimes when the message times out or I select "save as read" the WM soft keys remain and bumps the screen.
Some time the task bar will also disappear.
Both of these can be "fixed" by pressing the start hard key and them the back hard key to return to the home tab.
Has anyone had problems expanding the appointments list? I turned off scrolling in the editor and was able to expand it so it stays open but it took a lot of trys.
I've also had free links randomly spawn on the scree, they are alway contacts for some reason.

One thing I've been wondering, when an option is set to be pinned are they supposed to scroll off the screen and then snap back to where they are set?

I'm using the June 20th release of MightyROM if that makes a difference.

Can anyone anyone recommend a program that can take screen capturs of the home tab so I can better document any problems?
~Arc Fault~
Old 10-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

encountered another odd issue.

the new cht bar at the bottom? globe phone slider edit menu lock icon

will not work. Tapping any of those won't do anything. EXCEPT the slider. but instead of bring up the slider it brings up this little menu that says Add Widget Add Free Link and Edit Mode (no I am not already in edit mode)

very odd. seems completely random no idea whats causing it no idea how to make it go away.

Some more info.

the little menu comes up when I press and hold and it brings that up if I press and hold ANYWHERE on the screen so its unrelated to the problem (I assume the press and hold menu is normal)

so none of the bottom buttons work AT ALL. no idea why.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:08 PM
I think I tore my sack.
Pocket PC: Droid X, Root, Deodexed, Tranquility 3.0
Carrier: VZW

thewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIPthewahlrus is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Fault View Post
Can anyone anyone recommend a program that can take screen capturs of the home tab so I can better document any problems?
~Arc Fault~
Shake and save
[APP] Shake And Save - xda-developers

Old 10-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

nayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on repnayr1482 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I've been running the beta for about a week and really liking it. I have run into some oddities though. When I was setting up quick links for my contacts the empty quick links would be filled up with the icon of one of my contacts, it filled two and a half pages with these at one point, when I tried to edit these links no matter what I entered in for the link it always created link to the contact whose icon was shown.
I could clear these by changing the link and then taping the now contact link to remove it and doing this for all similar links.
I have experienced this exact issue as well

Quote:
One thing I've been wondering, when an option is set to be pinned are they supposed to scroll off the screen and then snap back to where they are set?
I believe they are just supposed to "stay" in position (never appear to move). I am sure you noticed (like I have and I believe many others) that they kind of move to the side and then snap back SOMETIMES.

Quote:
Shake 'n Save
Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a question about appointments. When I list an anniversary or birthday in my contacts, it does not show up in the appointments listed on my home page?

Is there a setting that controls this?

I am running the Oct 29 Energy ROM

Thanks
Old 10-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Just got myself a TP2 for tmobile its beat up but for $40 I can't complain updated it to 6.5 and installed cht2.0 - ..... nothing. no joy no errors but no CHT either.

I tried to run cht editor and it says error and mentions .net at the bottom. I thought .net 3.5 was PART OF the 6.5 rom? how do I check what version of .net I am running?
Old 10-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: chess

Knu2Lav is a n00b

Is it possible to skin the softkey bar on cht 2.0..? and where can I find different skins..?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software