PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 01:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

duffman33 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows 6.5 23004 and Previous builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by deddy777 View Post
Hey duffman just go into settings\system\batterypower and either change the turn off backlight setting or just uncheck the box; next go into settings\power\advanced and uncheck or change the time value.
Thanks, but I already did all that. I also checked the registry after doing the simple stuff and it still dims every 10 sec on battery power. Not on external power so though I'm confused...
Old 07-14-2009, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC M8
Carrier: Cricket

deddy777 is becoming a great contributor
Thumbs up Re: Windows 6.5 23004 and Previous builds

Hello Rothgar, I have that same HTC adapter and after trying it on a 6.1 ROM successfully, I upgraded to 23004 full Sprint. I messed around with a number of audio programs and I believe the problem is in the adapter itself as I was able to get sound by following Animez's step by step process. Problem is when you get to step 3. Plug in the headphones. At this point you need to slowly slide it in and wiggle it as you get almost flush. Mine seems to work best with just a little of the plug showing in the adapter. Not the best for windows media. Works best with Nitrogen, Audio Manager or Media Center because once you get sound you can easily go to the next song, not so with WMP. With WMP you have to go thru the process again and again. Thanks Animez cause it works for me and this week end I will open up the adapter and see what needs to be adjusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post
I have the same problem with a third party 3.5mm adapter. It has never worked correctly since I started using custom roms. There is one way I've been able to get it to work that will hopefully work for you too.

1. Start audio before plugging in the adapter.
2. Plug in the adapter with the head phones not plugged into it.
3. Plug in the headphones.

This works every time with the adapter I use. I've tried variations on those steps but it never works. This would not be so bad but as soon as the audio completely stops for more than a few seconds you have to repeat those steps to get it working again (so streaming an album through Orb is not worth it).

Hope that helps.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Spring Mogul

JustinNorthcutt is a n00b

Quote:
Hello Rothgar, I have that same HTC adapter and after trying it on a 6.1 ROM successfully, I upgraded to 23004 full Sprint. I messed around with a number of audio programs and I believe the problem is in the adapter itself as I was able to get sound by following Animez's step by step process. Problem is when you get to step 3. Plug in the headphones. At this point you need to slowly slide it in and wiggle it as you get almost flush. Mine seems to work best with just a little of the plug showing in the adapter. Not the best for windows media. Works best with Nitrogen, Audio Manager or Media Center because once you get sound you can easily go to the next song, not so with WMP. With WMP you have to go thru the process again and again. Thanks Animez cause it works for me and this week end I will open up the adapter and see what needs to be adjusted.=D>=D>
I had my setup with a different ROM working yesterday and did not need to follow these steps, but today, after changing to this ROM, I do have to follow these steps, and not plug my headphones into the adapter (3.5mm female to 2.5mm male--thanks HTC) all the way. Seems strange to me!
Old 07-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC-TP2

DAL_MOBILE is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: Windows 6.5 23004 and Previous builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post
I have the same problem with a third party 3.5mm adapter. It has never worked correctly since I started using custom roms. There is one way I've been able to get it to work that will hopefully work for you too.

1. Start audio before plugging in the adapter.
2. Plug in the adapter with the head phones not plugged into it.
3. Plug in the headphones.

This works every time with the adapter I use. I've tried variations on those steps but it never works. This would not be so bad but as soon as the audio completely stops for more than a few seconds you have to repeat those steps to get it working again (so streaming an album through Orb is not worth it).

Hope that helps.
Just a FYI... the OEM USB splitter works with no issues on 23004 (WMM, SlingPlayer, YouTube, etc.,)
http://www.wirelessground.com/uthtc68head2.html
(BT stereo works great too. Thumbs up for 23004)
Old 07-16-2009, 03:21 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

whats the difference between the clean version and the non clean version?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:55 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
whats the difference between the clean version and the non clean version?
the clean version was without some of the apps and no dialer skin, no icontacts,ect.
The clean has no customizations. However the clean does include total commander, oxios, and a media center. The rest is left up to you to customize with your cabs, ect.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

rothgar is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rothgar

Quote:
Hello Rothgar, I have that same HTC adapter and after trying it on a 6.1 ROM successfully, I upgraded to 23004 full Sprint. I messed around with a number of audio programs and I believe the problem is in the adapter itself as I was able to get sound by following Animez's step by step process. Problem is when you get to step 3. Plug in the headphones. At this point you need to slowly slide it in and wiggle it as you get almost flush. Mine seems to work best with just a little of the plug showing in the adapter. Not the best for windows media. Works best with Nitrogen, Audio Manager or Media Center because once you get sound you can easily go to the next song, not so with WMP. With WMP you have to go thru the process again and again. Thanks Animez cause it works for me and this week end I will open up the adapter and see what needs to be adjusted.=D>=D>
Thanks for the tip. I was able to get some sound through the adapter so I know it at least works. But I can't get the headphones to stay out part way to listen to a full song. The mic and power ports both work great it is just the 3.5mm jack . I have BT headphones that I use when I am listening to podcasts or music around the house but I want to use the 3.5mm jack for my car. I just can't seem to get the plug to behave in order to get this to work consistantly. I am tempted to go back to a WM 6.1 rom and just make sure it works without all of these steps needed. Then I can know for sure if it is software or hardware. Although it looks like JustinNorthcutt already did that.
VZW Treo 700w
VZW HTC Apache
VZW Motorola Q
VZW Audiovox xv6600
Old 07-17-2009, 05:52 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Will be working on 23007 tonite. Just in time for the weekend.

I have updated post #4 over at xda for more assistance with these roms.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...75&postcount=4

Should I keep the media center in the non bare?

There will be more fixes with this build. We have been working on them.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:40 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Re: Mattsm 6.5 23007

Sprint 23007 forgot total commander and clear type. Version b up shortly

Sprint 23007 Bare

23007 is up. Enjoy
Check the first post out for apps included.

Last edited by mattsm; 07-17-2009 at 09:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

duffman33 is a n00b
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23007

Any chance we can get a little more info on what exactly the tweaks and fixes are in this new version? Currently, loving 23004 and just got it the way I want it, so trying to decide if its worth it to upgrade or wait. Thank in advance and great job!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development