PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mattsm 6.5 23016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jminor View Post
Thanks anton_spaz. young - no. I've worked my way around this phone and through the registry, but no manual loads. OK. I 'un-rar'd' the big file and got tons of smaller directories. I'm afraid I don't know what to do with those now.
It only created a folder containing 14 files. In that folder (where the 14 files are) is where you run the update utility.

Last edited by mattsm; 07-30-2009 at 02:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:31 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsandkm View Post
you need to eat carrots for good memory. good job on all the builds mattsm
I thought carrots were for the eyes. LOL
Thank you bbsandkm
Old 07-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

WiFi isnt working correctly on this one, I tried to connect, after a few moments it goes POOF?!?, additionally whats with the PALM stlye comm manager... I loved the vogue one, or even the new one would suffice, I mention this merely because when the WiFi disappears its gone from the comm manager AND the WiFi tab as well (it takes me to the connections page) causing me to think WTF?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:15 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
WiFi isnt working correctly on this one, I tried to connect, after a few moments it goes POOF?!?, additionally whats with the PALM stlye comm manager... I loved the vogue one, or even the new one would suffice, I mention this merely because when the WiFi disappears its gone from the comm manager AND the WiFi tab as well (it takes me to the connections page) causing me to think WTF?
Not sure what is going on with yours. This sounds strange cuz I am using the same comm manager that I always have. Never changed it. Just tested my wifi and all is good.

Which build are you using. The bare or non bare?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

bare, device is sprint but I switched to USCC didnt want compatibility issues, and some stuff i didnt want, 23016 (and didnt know if you made the stuff uninstallable)
Old 07-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

wifi working again... softreset with switch on.. now it seems to be working properly...
Old 07-30-2009, 09:24 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

have you installed my roms before, cuz I have not changed anything with the comm manager. Might want to try a hard reset or even a reflash. I will flash the bare here in a bit and make sure my selections were correct. But this sounds weird if you are noticing a different comm manager then what I have always used.

As far as wifi, check it after your hard reset before you install the carrier cab and then again afterwards. Let me know
Old 07-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

sorry, new to your roms, (but not my old SonyCLIE UX50, which is what the "wireless manager" looks like) I got a TP a while back, my sister wants my old Titan, trying to fix it up as best as possible for her (she didnt care about the annoying white spot on the screen) and getting it switched to USCC, as for the WiFi, I did test before I posted, both with and without the carrier, after a hard reset, I had my WiFi switch off, when i turned it on, it allowed me to enter the passcode, and as soon as it connected it disappeared seemingly from the whole phone, soft reset with it off again, same thing, did it this time with the switch on and its now up and working just fine and turning it off/on doesnt make it repeat (odd really)

rambled enough for now... now to tweak the **** out of it
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:32 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Threadstarter

You can install a comm manager cab on this and should have no problems.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

you know, I can google easily... but forum search always screws with me and leaves an anger management issue with me... I cannot find some commmanager cabs... I found one for VGA... but not QVGA...

Additionally since im here, i think it was the vogue manager that had the big 10button layout, anyone know of an updated one for WM6.5 (and even for the TP would be nice) I HATE the new one, the "switch" style looks so stupid to me it makes me want to... wait never mind... i facedesked

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development