PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

akinjoe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mattsm 6.5 com5 23506

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeneed4speed View Post
what is it dialing?
It does not dial any number. I noticed that in the connections setting, I only have two options: (1) My ISP, (2) My Work Network. From the connections settings -> Advanced -> Select Networks, there is no setting for Sprint. I believe that is the problem.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Lurker

akinjoe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by akinjoe View Post
It does not dial any number. I noticed that in the connections setting, I only have two options: (1) My ISP, (2) My Work Network. From the connections settings -> Advanced -> Select Networks, there is no setting for Sprint. I believe that is the problem.
Last night, I did install danny's "DCD Carriers Cabs" for Sprint and that put the Sprint Network settings back. Does anyone know where and how I could get my office programs back? I could not get it back with the update from microsoft website. Thanks for your help. One observation though, why does it go back to the home screen whenever you exit a program, instead of taking you back to the previous screen from which you lunch the program. Ex. If I close a program which I opened from the program menu, instead of taking me back to the program menu, it will go to the Today screen.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

anton_spaz is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Last night, I did install danny's "DCD Carriers Cabs" for Sprint and that put the Sprint Network settings back. Does anyone know where and how I could get my office programs back? I could not get it back with the update from microsoft website. Thanks for your help. One observation though, why does it go back to the home screen whenever you exit a program, instead of taking you back to the previous screen from which you lunch the program. Ex. If I close a program which I opened from the program menu, instead of taking me back to the program menu, it will go to the Today screen.
That's normal for how 6.5 (well, 6.x I think!) operates.

As for office... there are CABs to install. Do a search on this site.

OR - Install the "full"/"loaded" version. It has office already included.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Lurker

akinjoe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by anton_spaz View Post
That's normal for how 6.5 (well, 6.x I think!) operates.

As for office... there are CABs to install. Do a search on this site.

OR - Install the "full"/"loaded" version. It has office already included.

Yes I found a cab for the office and it is working. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Lurker

akinjoe is a n00b

Quote:
I am happy to report that after installing the "Carrier Cabs" and did some resets, my internet connection is working very well. Keep up the good job. Thanks.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Lurker

akinjoe is a n00b

Hi,

I noticed that the "X" button would close programs but does not remove them from memory. What do I need to do such that the "X" button would close a program and remove them from memory as well? I currently use the Task Manager to close running programs in the background.

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan

dalsik is a n00b

Am I the only one experiencing memory issues with 6.5? I'm noticing this the most when I use ANY browser (Opera mini or IE). Without fail the browser will cause my phone to want to 'close programs'. And this is with high memory/no camera set!

Is there a fix for this problem? I'm seriously thinking about going back to a DCD 6.1 ROM.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:54 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Threadstarter

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalsik View Post
Am I the only one experiencing memory issues with 6.5? I'm noticing this the most when I use ANY browser (Opera mini or IE). Without fail the browser will cause my phone to want to 'close programs'. And this is with high memory/no camera set!

Is there a fix for this problem? I'm seriously thinking about going back to a DCD 6.1 ROM.
Memory issues are somewhat of a problem on the titan with 6.5 or 6.5.x builds, but can be accomplished by shutting down apps properly and using the oxios that is included in rom. The best 6.5roms for the titan IMO are the 6.5 builds(23017,21874) not the 6.5.x builds, Although they are fine also when staying on top of them. I have both throughout this thread.

After I get some more things done here that I have been working on, I will be releasing some more builds with both UI.

As for memory on the titan, it is crippled compared to the newer phones that are out. With that said the titan IMO is still a great phone. Just not the best.

Hope all have a great Thanksgiving.

Last edited by mattsm; 11-25-2009 at 11:37 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC M8
Carrier: Cricket

deddy777 is becoming a great contributor

Well just an update, I am still running 069 and it is running great. Sometimes I run it with the M2D Mega but usally with the stock GUI and no battery issues unless I leave the internet on all night. LOL I just checked the memory and it is in high with the barebones and I have 19mb. I have alt-tab hooked to my Internet button (the one in the top right across from the email button) and I easily switch between 3-5 programs regularly. I checked out the new phones and I am not convinced to upgrade (on the Androids you can't put app on the SD card*deal breaker for me) I do like my wife's Hero but I am hoping for HD2 or another WinMo 7 type phone in 2010 unless they blow out a super Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal as I like loading stuff on my SD card. And as long as the wonderful cooks keep making my Titan work so great I won't switch. Thanks for keeping on Mattsm, and so many other whos names I won't mention but you know who you are. I applaud your efforts and appreciate all that you do for us here at the Geek and at XDA.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan

dalsik is a n00b

Thanks, Matt, for info about memory issues in 6.5.x. I do like the better finger-friendly GUI but there are still some issues that I miss from 6.1 or earlier.

BTW, have you seen SPB Mobile Shell 3.5? I wasn't much of a fan of alternative GUIs until this one. Definitely "wow"!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development