PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2008, 12:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3Dâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by remlle View Post
as stated in many posts it can take up to 45 mins to lock the first time. my first was 29 mins exactly. and it was outside. try to get a lock inside and it wont work ever sorry but it wont. try it outside and let it sit longer.
Thats not always true....My sprint Nav works any where in my home or outdoors.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt19 View Post
does anyone know if this fixes the freezing problem on the phone after soft resets that some of us were facing.
I'm getting the freezes too, with 5044 ROM and base kit, in a loaded DogGuy's kitchen.

It was running fine for two days with several soft resets as tests, until I tried Live Search to zoom in on my house. Live Search froze and the only thing I could get to work was the QuickMenu menu, but nothing in the menu would work. Several soft resets and a complete power off only brought it up to a frozen main screen. The only way to fix it was a hard reset.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling
does the wm6voip.cab work on here?
Old 02-12-2008, 01:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Black69ta is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Black69ta Send a message via Yahoo to Black69ta
Strange? From my Desktop I see Basekit 5044 and a few other files on No2Chem's FTP that I can't see from my phone and I tether my desktop.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

leebu is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkincaid View Post
Where are you when you try and get the signal? Inside the house? I can only get a signal from the window on one side of my house. Maybe try a different location?
Ok, I've got GPS working. Standing out in a parking lot with no more than 4 story buildings anywhere around. It took about 5 minutes to get 4 Satellites locked (went to 5 but didn't stay there long...). Now I'll see how it does without ideal sky visibility... Seems less sensitive than I'd expect and have seen in other GPS-enabled devices (ie, Blackberry).
Old 02-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed26 View Post
Here is my daily post after using the most current ROM for an entire day. LOL.

This is the best so far for battery life. I usually am at 20% - 30% by the time I get home and I am still at 60% today.

I did notice however that everyone was complaining how loud the surroundings were when I was on my Bluetooth today. I have had the same Bluetooth for over a year now and not once has anyone complained about how loud everything around me was when talking to me. Almost everyone today said something to me.

Could this have anything to do with the Bluetooth update you did for 5045? Just seems like to much of a coincidence??

Thanks again!

I did increase the bluetooth volume, perhaps I increased it too high?..
Old 02-12-2008, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
I did increase the bluetooth volume, perhaps I increased it too high?..
Maybe?? Anyone else notice this?

When you say "increased the volume" are you refering to only the microphone or the speaker too? I love how loud I can make my earpiece now, I can hear even in the loudest area.

Not sure if you can lower the mic volume, but leave the earpiece volume up?

It still amazes me that Sprint can't figure out what you and the others on this site can figure out?

Phil
Old 02-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzed26 View Post
Maybe?? Anyone else notice this?

When you say "increased the volume" are you refering to only the microphone or the speaker too? I love how loud I can make my earpiece now, I can hear even in the loudest area.

Not sure if you can lower the mic volume, but leave the earpiece volume up?

It still amazes me that Sprint can't figure out what you and the others on this site can figure out?

Phil
I'll play around a bit with this when I have time. Did the earpiece volume go up with the last update too?

I set : "PhoneVol"=dword:C8 ; Default value : 200 (GSM_GAIN_4)
but im guessing that only affects the earpiece volume. I have to do some more research about the mic sensitvity issue.

btw, new build is up - extrom is writeable now. uc isn't added yet, still talking with the developer to see if theres anyway to prevent it from doing stuff on boot. maybe fixed some more storage card issues.. not sure. spb backup issue is still there, looking into it. If you have a properly formatted storage card, you can always try updating via nueupdate.

Last edited by no2chem; 02-12-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
I'll play around a bit with this when I have time. Did the earpiece volume go up with the last update too?
I want to say yes, but I guess there is always the chance that I am on crack and imagining things.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:27 AM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd View Post
thanks, found it. before messing with mine anymore i tried 5045. it seems to have the same behavior im seeing lately - i can write and read from storage card, can insert and remove it no problem, and can modify the encryption setting. however, when i try to install an app to the card, it actually installs to the device. camera pictures do save to the card and work fine.
thought i should report back and tell you that the google maps cab i was testing with appears to install to the device no matter what on any rom. its not a card problem like i thought.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development