PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

Paul_Hammons is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It erased my phone number out of the ROM. It required my MSL to fix this. If you don't have your MSL you will have to call Sprint and do some 'splainin on how it got borked, and asked them to give you your MSL. Run this upgrade without your MSL at your own risk.

If you have your MSL, go to the phone dialpad and type ##MSL# for example, my msl is 587224 so I would type ##587224#, select edit, then change your MDN and MSID back to your phone number. In rare cases, the MSID is different than your phone number, but you should try your phone number first.

If your MDN and MSID are not set correctly, you will not be able to make/recieve calls or text messages. The internet will work after it does an IOTA regardless of the MDN/MSID settings, so don't let this fool you.

Also, for those having trouble with GPS, I don't belive this is true GPS. Type ##33284# (debug). This is the radio debug screen. In the bottom left you will get a menu to see the signal strength, authentication status, data rate, nearest tower, etc. of the 3 radio bands; 1x, HDR (EVDO), and GPS. I have good readings for 1x and HDR (EVDO), but nothing at all for GPS. I left my phone outside for 20 minutes and it still is not reading from the GPS. So I do not believe the true GPS reciever has been activated.

On my 6600 and 6700 the GPS signals would populate, I have never had them populate on the Titan, even now with this ROM update. I would guess that Google maps is reading from sprint's location information. I will also try this when I go out tonight, maybe driving around will give me better GPS signals. Please verify and post if you can get a raw GPS signal or not on this screen.

Hope this helps some of you,
-Paul
Old 01-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work
I agree.. I dont believe its real GPS b/c Google Maps uses the My Location to get current GPS location. Only Live Search, TomTom, and apps like those can tell us if its real GPS or not.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moment

chefonthego is starting in the wrong direction
Mine Flashed perfectly using relocker, Gps using google maps is excellent, by using dsl reports to test speed, seems, Rev A is funtioning too, No Probs w/ calls or texts. & My Bluetooth work fine too. So Far So Good !!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: sprint

superdave is just getting started
In order to get TomTom to work I have to open google maps to initiate the connection first. Once you do that you can set TomTom's port to com4 and it works fine. It will show you which satellites are connected. Ill have to see exactly why that is.

,Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
I can not get TomTom to work with out a external BT GPS. The update went through fine, but for some reason I cant get live search nor tomtom to use the internal GPS. What settings are you guys using for the "External GPS Settings" or for "live search"?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

coffey_joshua is a n00b
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/708598-post91.html

this is a link to a MSL generator Tool? some people said it worked?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: sprint

superdave is just getting started
It is definitely real gps, TomTom will show you the satellites.

,Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuprotocol View Post
I agree.. I dont believe its real GPS b/c Google
Maps uses the My Location to get current GPS location. Only Live Search, TomTom, and apps like those can tell us if its real GPS or not.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
I'm hoping this is really just a radio test rom and the official release also packages WM 6.1

Wouldnt that suck if Sprint pulled an apple and had all the 'hackers' install this so when the real update comes we get bricked
Old 01-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank
I have GPS working with GPSTuner, Tomtom and BeeLineGPS. As far as I can tell this is real GPS.

Kevan
Old 01-25-2008, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
ok it worked but it stopped at 11 percent what do i do now
Old 01-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
It is definitely real gps, TomTom will show you the satellites.

,Dave
What settings do you have setup for the Mogul in External GPS? And what are your TomTom settings? Did you choose the External Bluetooth Receiver?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development