PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 06:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nonstop is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartburrito View Post
I too thought there was quite a leak until I remembered that I needed to remove the HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk and sddaemon.lnk from my Windows--Startup Directory. This was a cause of a leak a long time ago, and I almost forgot to remove it. It will be a couple more days before we all know for sure that that fixed it. I've been around 20MB all day though FWIW
Are there any ill effects to deleting those two files?
Old 01-25-2008, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifter View Post
Started out with Sprints 2.17 stock ROM .
USB cable connected to phone and recognized in activesync.
Launch the new ROM exe file.
Verifies connectivity with the phone and existing version, 2.17.
Starts to install...
Multi-color screen comes up on the phone...
Then changes to the grey progress bar...
Works its way to 11%...
Phone goes back to multi-colored screen...
Computer stays on 11%.

Finally after about 60 seconds, computer comes back with ERROR 290: INVALID COMMAND, and my only options are to start the recovery.

I go through the recovery...
And the same loop starts again as described above. I have allowed this about 7 times.

I have used the titan_exitbl.exe and the phone boots back into the 2.17 ROM.

Any ideas?

I too had this happen four times...

Try downloading the Relocker mentioned earlier in this thread...run that...it will put a different bootloader on your phone, and then you can try the process over again. I couldn't get past 11% until I did this. Make sure to PAY ATTENTION to the dos screen, on every step, and remember that the instructions can refresh every step, so READ CAREFULLY!!

After doing that, you should have a 1.06 bootloader on your phone. then try the rom again and report back. That should take care of you, did for me.

If I've helped you in any post, please take a second to thank me using the icon. Thanks! :P
Old 01-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Where's the love for Vogue/Touch ?

Any1 please port this Radio to Vogue.....!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wow, the SPC weighs in at 12.1 mb, must be something special.

Now cooking a custom rom.
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

kmartburrito is keeping up the good workkmartburrito is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by alabij View Post
hey where do i get titan_exitbl
It's actually included in the relocker download.
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Turns out the "SPECIAL_SPC" is actually a spl as i suspected. Before we can develop custom roms with gps, we'll need to unlock this - i'm sure all in due time...
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nonstop is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartburrito View Post
I too thought there was quite a leak until I remembered that I needed to remove the HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk and sddaemon.lnk from my Windows--Startup Directory. This was a cause of a leak a long time ago, and I almost forgot to remove it. It will be a couple more days before we all know for sure that that fixed it. I've been around 20MB all day though FWIW
Are there any ill effects to deleting those two files?
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dsibarra72 is just getting started
Well here is what happened with me. I did the install and 11% fail and restart. after succesfull install I checked Hardware device info and I saw very limited info that covered half the screen. Installed google maps and no go after 30 min outside so I did a hard reset. Verified harware again and now I have a screen and a half of info and whoalla gps works at about 5 minutes outside. So I would definatly suggest a hard reset after first install.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

xj.archaeologist is a n00b
I'm with Sprint support right now figuring out the provisioning and error 1012...
Old 01-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by vboyz103 View Post
Where's the love for Vogue/Touch ?

Any1 please port this Radio to Vogue.....!!!
I somehow doubt that flashing the radio would give you gps - seems like theres some crap in the spc that might be responsible for that. That said, just run nbhextract and you'll get the radio out of it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development