PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2008, 08:21 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So, the take away from all this seems to be

1) GPS works (yay)
2) rev A, unknown/doesn't work? (boo)
3) test rom has more holes in it then swiss cheese (nukes your phone/data provisioning, for one, doesn't install cleanly)

Encouraging progress. I look forward to the release version. No need to install this early version for me, I'm pretty sure I know where I am right now
Old 01-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 and 6900 Treo Pro
Carrier: Cricket

vetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on repvetvito is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Also looks like the Radio is dependant on the OS.

That Not for Sale tag is from the radio. I put the radio in a another rom I created and it won't go past the boot screen. Will have to figure this out.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

htcphone is a n00b
can this be true? or are u all pulling a prank? if its true....... is it a gps or agps?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:22 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
Anyone try internet sharing to make sure that still works?
Works I'm using it right now.I did remove "Extension"="rilphone.dll" from [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]

Last edited by Lsme420; 02-12-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Slevin is a n00b
I loaded it on my phone. I ran the re-locker first. It errored the first time, but the update restarted and completed without issue. I let the customizations run.

Now herre's the issues:

I tried to send a text message, message failed.
I started TomTom and tried to get it to recognize a GPS, no luck. I may just be configuring it wrong. I haven't tried google maps yet, that may work.

The biggest problem, I tried to call my voicemail, I receive a message that my phone is not activated and to hang up and call *2. Unfortunately I only have my cell phone now and Sprint wants to troubleshoot and I can't call from nothing. Funny thing, after I hung up and called *2, it updated my PRL list and reset the phone. I tried to make a call again, same message, not activated.

I tried the Sprint Navigation, I loaded it up and it did the IOTA provisioning, entered an address and found some GPS signal, said it was weak thoughm maybe because I was inside.

Please help!!!! Anyone get TomTom, iGuidance, Co-Pilot working w/out the need for an external BT GPS? Thanks.

-Slevin
Old 01-25-2008, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Sifter is keeping up the good workSifter is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
Please help!!!! Anyone get TomTom, iGuidance, Co-Pilot working w/out the need for an external BT GPS? Thanks.

-Slevin
Yep running iGO navigation on mine...works flawlessly.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Slevin is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSarella View Post
hiya, does anyone know if this works in conjuction with windows vista? I tried installing it but i keep getting stuck at the bootloader screen, and the installer just says that i need to check teh connection.
Yeah, I sucesfully updated my phone to the new ROM in this thread with Windows Vista Ultimate on my HP dv6500 laptop. It failed the first time, but I restarted and it made it all the way through.

-Slevin
Old 01-25-2008, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

htcphone is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
I'm just trying to avoid the stress on Wideawake's servers if this is BS and the entire world logs on tonight off a prank... this is my online home and i dont like people disrespecting it. If this guy is not serious, then it'll essentially be like walking thru my front door and insulting my wife. I'd never let it happen in real life, and I wont let it happen here.

Your wife is a ignorant monkey and she sports a wooden leg. OMG! Did I just type that?

Last edited by htcphone; 01-25-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
I loaded it on my phone. I ran the re-locker first. It errored the first time, but the update restarted and completed without issue. I let the customizations run.

Now herre's the issues:

I tried to send a text message, message failed.
I started TomTom and tried to get it to recognize a GPS, no luck. I may just be configuring it wrong. I haven't tried google maps yet, that may work.

The biggest problem, I tried to call my voicemail, I receive a message that my phone is not activated and to hang up and call *2. Unfortunately I only have my cell phone now and Sprint wants to troubleshoot and I can't call from nothing. Funny thing, after I hung up and called *2, it updated my PRL list and reset the phone. I tried to make a call again, same message, not activated.

I tried the Sprint Navigation, I loaded it up and it did the IOTA provisioning, entered an address and found some GPS signal, said it was weak thoughm maybe because I was inside.

-Slevin
I can not get TomTom to work with out a external BT GPS. The update went through fine, but for some reason I cant get live search nor tomtom to use the internal GPS. What settings are you guys using for the "External GPS Settings" or for "live search"?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

methylene is a n00b
Everything is working on my phone now.

GPS: yes. Google Maps pinpoints me IN my house.
RevA: I don't know. dslreports.com speedtest for a 1MB file says I'm too fast to test.
Text Messages: check
Phone: check.

Everything seems to be in order now.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development