PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Since using midNIGHT ROM, have you become more Autism Aware?
Yes. Keep up the good work. 66 94.29%
No. You need to focus a bit more on that. 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v4.2 (BYOR Edition)/(FULL Standard Edition) 3/14/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
+1 Now I can't get Titanium to work either. My data is at MAJOR risk right now. I might have to break down and buy a backup app.
I got mine to work by restalling busybox and Titanium Backup a half dozen times. If you touch the problems tab on the bottom right hand side you will find the busybox download button.

Please don't forget to thank me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:47 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
I got mine to work by restalling busybox and Titanium Backup a half dozen times. If you touch the problems tab on the bottom right hand side you will find the busybox download button.
Thanks, that fixed my problem!

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:20 AM
O-Matic

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP

Be careful with the warez talk. The mods don't like that.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 03-19-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: edited quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Galaxy Nexus

Anon9mouz is keeping up the good workAnon9mouz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Anon9mouz Send a message via Yahoo to Anon9mouz
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
Be careful with the warez talk. The mods don't like that.
Yeah just heard didn't mean for some eyes and heads to turn but my bad peoples I'm sorrie and didn't mean to disrespect thank u

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Kernel: Stock and loven it
I envy the dumb ones.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

supasanch24 is keeping up the good worksupasanch24 is keeping up the good work

Has anyone had issues with sms messages getting stuck, just say sending in the text bubble and not actually sending the message? I usually reboot and it corrects it
Old 03-19-2011, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Galaxy Nexus

Anon9mouz is keeping up the good workAnon9mouz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Anon9mouz Send a message via Yahoo to Anon9mouz
Quote:
Originally Posted by supasanch24 View Post
Has anyone had issues with sms messages getting stuck, just say sending in the text bubble and not actually sending the message? I usually reboot and it corrects it
Yes its funny u said that bc it happens all the time to me and I just did a reboot right now and idk it does it

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2011, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

Grateful Dave is just getting started
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v4.2 (BYOR Edition) 3/9/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
no i didnt say robs kernel cause robs rom has a perfect kernel already but you sonded like you wanted to flash someones kernel other than whats included in the rom. i forgot what cooks kernel you said but seems like some of you guys need to read a little more about whats cooked in a rom and what cwm does ect, im not being mean but i tend to answer posts thinking the user is "up to speed" on terms ect. love seeing new people using robs work but if you guys have questions please ask if you dont understand my posts or terms i use cause i dont wanna confuse anybody.
I agree it would be great to learn more. I read the wiki, but even with the great information, there are holes. Where can I learn more about what goes into a ROM? I don't have the time to learn through trial by fire. My phone works thanks to you folks, and I am happy about that.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:34 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful Dave View Post
I agree it would be great to learn more. I read the wiki, but even with the great information, there are holes. Where can I learn more about what goes into a ROM? I don't have the time to learn through trial by fire. My phone works thanks to you folks, and I am happy about that.
Its a long way from flashing a custom ROM to understanding what goes into one. Its like comparing driving a car and designing car. Take it one step at a time. Once you master the whole process of putting the fruits of other people's labor on your phone, you will start to see how things are put together. Then you will be able to take the next step towards creating your own stuff. Of course the whole Build Your Own Rom process that Rob has given us really helps out the learning process.

Oh, and BTW, trial by fire really is the best way to learn. Its one thing to read about it, its another thing entirely to start doing it. A lot of what you read won't really make sense until you dive in and start doing it.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:09 PM
O-Matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Its a long way from flashing a custom ROM to understanding what goes into one. Its like comparing driving a car and designing car. Take it one step at a time. Once you master the whole process of putting the fruits of other people's labor on your phone, you will start to see how things are put together. Then you will be able to take the next step towards creating your own stuff. Of course the whole Build Your Own Rom process that Rob has given us really helps out the learning process.

Oh, and BTW, trial by fire really is the best way to learn. Its one thing to read about it, its another thing entirely to start doing it. A lot of what you read won't really make sense until you dive in and start doing it.
Johnny and I are perfect examples of this.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:03 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

if anybody does get a fc on gmail after flash just goto menu/settings/applications/manage then clear data.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development