PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Since using midNIGHT ROM, have you become more Autism Aware?
Yes. Keep up the good work. 66 94.29%
No. You need to focus a bit more on that. 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 04:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v4.2 (BYOR Edition)/(FULL Standard Edition) 3/14/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by abednego View Post
First of all - a big thank you to everyone who has helped.

I took my phone to the Sprint store - the tech was unable to get it into boot mode, so I got a new phone.

First thing I did... was I rooted and converted. No problems.

I subsequently installed the latest Midnight Rom.. but what happened - was odd. It would boot up... do 3 short vibrates. And restart. It would do this in a loop.

I installed it again, and now... it keeps popping up the error:

"The application LauncherPro (process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

And this error keeps popping up.

Do I still need to install the extras.zip? Even though this is the full version?
could be bad flash or the rom dl you got was bad from the start, i like to dl rom then flash "stadard" zip and not the "all in one" deal.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
could be bad flash or the rom dl you got was bad from the start, i like to dl rom then flash "stadard" zip and not the "all in one" deal.
I think I did get the standard zip:

midNIGHT ROM v4.2 (FULL Standard Edition) NCIQ

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

I'll try re-downloading again...
Old 03-17-2011, 04:58 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
lol, i mean "standard zip" on sdcard after flashing naked or whatever rob calls it. byob lol
Old 03-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

So flash "standard zip" after the ROM is installed...?

ok, I'll try that as ANOTHER copy of midNIGHT ROM v4.2 (Full Standard).zip is downloading ...
Old 03-17-2011, 05:11 PM
acs tester

Quote:
So flash "standard zip" after the ROM is installed...?

ok, I'll try that as ANOTHER copy of midNIGHT ROM v4.2 (Full Standard).zip is downloading ...
i use a test rom so maybe mine is different but after i flash rom which has nothing added to rom like gmail ect. it makes a folder on sdcard called "extras" and inside that folder is a "standard" zip with all the apps ect.

can another tester jump in here please cause i dont think im explain'g this or he doesnt need this?
Old 03-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

WAIT !

I got it to work

I had to "erase memory / restore factory defaults" from CWN....

Booted up fine.

I'll keep you updated on whether or not my replacement phone has the speakerphone/toggle/mute of death issue...
Old 03-17-2011, 05:23 PM
acs tester

Quote:
WAIT !

I got it to work

I had to "erase memory / restore factory defaults" from CWN....

Booted up fine.

I'll keep you updated on whether or not my replacement phone has the speakerphone/toggle/mute of death issue...
careful restoring with cwm if its a new backup your good but old data will cause issues. glad your all good.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:31 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
i use a test rom so maybe mine is different but after i flash rom which has nothing added to rom like gmail ect. it makes a folder on sdcard called "extras" and inside that folder is a "standard" zip with all the apps ect.

can another tester jump in here please cause i dont think im explain'g this or he doesnt need this?
Darren, There's no difference in the base "byob" rom from the test rom and the final. The only change was the sywpe.apk as far as I know.

Abednego, The version you're flashing, I think it like 150mb or something like that in size, you can just flash that version without having to do any extra flashes unlike the previous few versions. Since you just got a new phone, let's start you from scratch, alright?

Odin back to stock EB13
Root with One Click Root for EB13 3.0.0.6
Boot into recovery, let it do the ext4 convert
Wipe wipe wipe
Flash the rom

If after you flash the rom you see that weird android thing flashing on the screen when it's booting, then reflash the rom again.

I got to do this fun stuff last night again for the first time in awhile.

Edit: This is what I get for posting at work. Start to reply, get interrupted, then finish, and it's too late. lol

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.

Last edited by shane6374; 03-17-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:35 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
careful restoring with cwm if its a new backup your good but old data will cause issues. glad your all good.
+1 Now I can't get Titanium to work either. My data is at MAJOR risk right now. I might have to break down and buy a backup app.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:30 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
+1 Now I can't get Titanium to work either. My data is at MAJOR risk right now. I might have to break down and buy a backup app.
MyBackup Root does pretty much everything MyBackup Pro does, and its free.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development