PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Since using midNIGHT ROM, have you become more Autism Aware?
Yes. Keep up the good work. 66 94.29%
No. You need to focus a bit more on that. 4 5.71%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 12:07 AM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v4.2 (BYOR Edition)/(FULL Standard Edition) 3/14/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernekc View Post
Nope, didn't mess with the theme's zip file. I just tried to install each theme again and it gets stuck in the blue android with the swirl screen.

The themes I've tried are midNIGHT Theme v4 (Honeycomb).zip and midNIGHT Theme v4.1 Blue HoneyComb Battery (Reboot).zip. I like the original honeycomb battery. I've tried it with the prior v4.2 (BOYR) version and it worked fine. Not really sure what's going on. I used CW3 to install the themes, making sure to 3x wipe before installing. Maybe it's because I've tried to install the v4 theme ... then get stuck on the blue android screen ... then install the v4.1 theme. When that doesn't work I reinstall midNIGHT ROM v4.2.

I'm sure it's something I'm not doing.
Here's what I'm finding while building my first EB13 theme..... Every time I have a bad boot, I have to reinstall the rom because even with wiping there is leftover data that can cause further problems.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder

Anyone using SetCPU on midnight? I was getting freezes until I uninstalled it. Had it set to recommended conservative settings.

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 03-16-2011, 06:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
Anyone using SetCPU on midnight? I was getting freezes until I uninstalled it. Had it set to recommended conservative settings.
I've not had any problems with using SETCPU.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:27 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
do you see it running constantly at 200mhz?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
do you see it running constantly at 200mhz?
No it would fluctuate between 1200 and 200
Old 03-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

TallGuyTech is a n00b

Quote:
I go into CWM v3.0.0.6 and this is what I do:
1. Wipe data / factory reset (3 times)
2. Wipe cache partition (3 times)
3. Go into Advanced
4. Wipe Dalvik Cache

5. Go back to main menu
6. Install zip from sdcard
7. choose zip from sdcard. Then I select the theme from the root directory on my sd card

Thanks for your help!
After this post I flashed to midNIGHT ROM v4.2, then the midNIGHT Honeycomb theme with the same results. Maybe I have to go back and perform the Odin, then OneClickRoot, then install the ROM.

Does anyone know if the midNIGHT Honeycomb theme has the Reboot mod?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:50 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
After this post I flashed to midNIGHT ROM v4.2, then the midNIGHT Honeycomb theme with the same results. Maybe I have to go back and perform the Odin, then OneClickRoot, then install the ROM.

I asked this once already and never got a response. Are you letting it boot up completely after flashing the ROM and before flashing the theme? If you flash the ROM and then flash the theme without booting up the ROM first you will get a boot loop.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:12 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:

You should not have to odin back. Just make sure you do the 3x data wipe and the dalvik wipe. Another thing that could be causing an issue (I found out the hard way) is by adding certain apps not included in the midNIGHT extras folder into the rom zip before flashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
I asked this once already and never got a response. Are you letting it boot up completely after flashing the ROM and before flashing the theme? If you flash the ROM and then flash the theme without booting up the ROM first you will get a boot loop.
I can check into the reboot mod on the Honeycomb theme when I get home from work if no one posts the answer before then.

Edit: It's in there.

Last edited by shane6374; 03-16-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

TallGuyTech is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
I meant to respond to this earlier. I am rebooting between flashes. So I flash to midNIGHT ROM v4.2, reboot, then flash to the Honeycomb theme and reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
You should not have to odin back. Just make sure you do the 3x data wipe and the dalvik wipe. Another thing that could be causing an issue (I found out the hard way) is by adding certain apps not included in the midNIGHT extras folder into the rom zip before flashing.

I can check into the reboot mod on the Honeycomb theme when I get home from work if no one posts the answer before then.
I haven't been modifying the ROM before flashing. I redownloaded it from lostandtired.com with my virus protection software off because it caused issues when I ran the OneClickRoot.

Where do you think I should restart the process? Or do you think I should flash the ROM 3x (I know some recommend that)?

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
... Another thing that could be causing an issue (I found out the hard way) is by adding certain apps not included in the midNIGHT extras folder into the rom zip before flashing.
Is this because of the lib files? I hope so because I just modified the "Midnight Extras" zip to include every program I like from the market...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development