View Single Post
Old 03-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Johnny.Bravo
nous défions

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] midNIGHT ROM v4.2 (BYOR Edition) 3/9/2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful Dave View Post
I agree it would be great to learn more. I read the wiki, but even with the great information, there are holes. Where can I learn more about what goes into a ROM? I don't have the time to learn through trial by fire. My phone works thanks to you folks, and I am happy about that.
Its a long way from flashing a custom ROM to understanding what goes into one. Its like comparing driving a car and designing car. Take it one step at a time. Once you master the whole process of putting the fruits of other people's labor on your phone, you will start to see how things are put together. Then you will be able to take the next step towards creating your own stuff. Of course the whole Build Your Own Rom process that Rob has given us really helps out the learning process.

Oh, and BTW, trial by fire really is the best way to learn. Its one thing to read about it, its another thing entirely to start doing it. A lot of what you read won't really make sense until you dive in and start doing it.