PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 12:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

iceberg8685 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Zagg Invisible shield real world review

I was able to get this for $13.47, direct from Zagg. Does anyone know if you can reapply this? If I was to take it off later, would it be able to be used again?
Old 01-27-2009, 03:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910
Threadstarter

j32driver is just getting started

When it cures, it shrinks to the phone. I could be wrong, but I doubt you could reapply it successfully.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I don't think so either, in the instructions it urges the user to make sure the skin is in the correct place before it dries or it will not apply correctly.

From the site:

Q: How long after installing the invisibleSHIELD can I safely remove and reinstall it?

A: Within 3-5 minutes. If you do need to take the SHIELD off for reinstallation, we suggest keeping your fingers wet and very carefully removing the SHIELD (so you don't stretch it). After this, you can reapply it to the device as normal.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

ahiggins24 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to ahiggins24 Send a message via Skype™ to ahiggins24

I just checked the promo code SHOWSP09 which is what I used and it is expired now. I will keep looking for more codes for ya. I know that the more you add to your cart, they will take a percentage off in case that helps. And yes it is for the i910-not the i900. It felt rubbery for a while, but feels good now. Sleek again.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

fastevolutionviii is keeping up the good workfastevolutionviii is keeping up the good work

Still waiting for mine to show up still. Should be any day, but my patience is wearing thin.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

TheShaz is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to TheShaz

Thanx for the reviews...

Thinkin about getting ZAGG for my Omnia and then also getting this clip holster I see on EBAY

http://cgi.ebay.com/For-Samsung-Omni...d=p4634.c0.m14

Old 02-05-2009, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

fastevolutionviii is keeping up the good workfastevolutionviii is keeping up the good work

Received and installed... finally. Took nearly an hour to install (because I am meticulous) and let it dry for over 13 hours. After the 13+ hours I fired it back up and it looked great and worked just the same as it did before the install. It had some minor air bubbles of course, but 3 days later all the bubbles disappeared and the phone was smooth as silk again. I couldn't and wouldn't even imagine using something else other than the Zagg Shield ever again. The rubber skins are ok IMO but obviously make the phone bulkier than it needs to be, and can be difficult at times to get out of your pocket... especially when sitting down. I have yet to drop it, but I am sure it wont do much against an impact from a fall, and hopefully that day never comes. Without a doubt one of the best purchases you can make for you phone and any other device you wish to protect.

*** I give it 5/5 stars ***

Last edited by fastevolutionviii; 02-05-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia SCH-i910
Carrier: verizon

Voltron8Myhat is just getting started

I am curious as to the feel of this product. People in this post have described it from "oily" to "rubbery" to "slick as wihtout it." The Zagg website states that the protector also improves the grip. While this would be nice for holding the Omnia, it sounds like it would suck for slipping it in and out of your pocket. Anyone have an issue with this?

I'm also worried about sliding my finger across the screen while using the phone. If the skin makes it easier to grip, wouldn't that make it harder to slide your finger smoothly?

Last, has anyone noticed the screen affecting the functionality of the touch screen? I'm thinking it would make it a little harder for the device to register your input. No?

Thanks in advance for any response to these questions. This seems like a good product, but I want to check these issues before purchasing.

ps I wonder if there's any difference (other than $5) between Zagg Invisible Shield and the Case-Mate Clear Armor.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The grip is improved but definitely doesnt affect the sliding of you finger nor does it hinder your finger input. I cannot speak for Case-Mate Clear Armor, but I couldnt be any happier w/ my Zagg Invisible Shield.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910
Threadstarter

j32driver is just getting started

Its slightly more "tacky" than the original phone, but not enough to have ANY effect on the screen functionality. I also slide the phone in and out of my pocket all the time. The zagg shield doesn't seem to grab cloth at all. Slides in and out with ease.

I've lived with this for a while now, and still love the product.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia