PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 12:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: Verizon

j32driver is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Zagg Invisible shield real world review

Hi Kids!

I just got the Zagg full body shield installed on 2 Omnia's and thought everyone might enjoy a real world perspective.

Overall: I'm pretty happy with the product. Its got a good sticky feel to the phone now, and the screen works just as good now, if not better than before. It's not difficult to install, but its not idiot proof either (note back of phone).

Install tips: Clean your hands with soap and water to remove any oils from your fingertips. Wipe down phone with a moist microfiber towel to remove any and all grime from it. When peeling the plastic pieces, I found it easiest to start a corner, then spray my fingers with the solution, then peel the plastic completely off. USE PLENTY OF SOLUTION. More is better than less. The small pieces go on easier than the big pieces. The bends settle in after about 5 minutes. The front and back are the most difficult. Start with only one edge down, and then squeegee the big piece down as you go.

One big problem: The screen protector isn't cut correctly for the front camera. The hole is present, its just in the wrong position. (See pics below).

Hope everyone find this helpful. Oh yeah... these pictures are from 12 hours after install. I've been told by others that it will look quite a bit better after 3-5 days have gone by.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i910
Threadstarter

j32driver is just getting started
Re: Zagg Invisible shield real world review

Oh yeah...I'm filing a complaint letter with zagg over the camera hole. I'll post back when they respond.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

FaithOmitted is just getting started

I think there are two different Omnia shields; at Best Buy we have a pack for Omnias with two different FRONT pieces. I know nothing about the Omnia though. At any rate, it looks like a pretty clean install!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:42 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Thats the i900 shield, not i910.

Do they even have an i910?
Old 01-22-2009, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I looked at the site:
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

According to them they identify the Omnia as an i900, but go on to say the front of the i910 skin fits the i900 as well, and on the blow-up diagram the hole is more suited for the i910!!

BUT....you go here:
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

they DO have a page for the i910, and the blow-up diagram shows NO hole on the screen cover (like mine (not a Zagg BTW)) but restates that the screen cover fits both, so eventhough I don't think it makes much of a difference (unless your like me and a little thing like that would drive you crazy LOL) it may be worth a call.

P.S. They also do NOT sell the screen cover alone on the i910 page, only the full body. On the i900 page you can get the full-body OR screen only!!!

Bottom line...they show two skins, but seem to sell one!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 01:35 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

So I checked with Ghost Armor. They only seem to carry the i900 skins (mine was a custom install). They are looking for guinea pigs to make templates from though

I also checked with Boxwave and they DO have i910 skins, according to their email response.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Mine was a CS skin off ebay and there is no hole in the corner, just the cut-out for the speaker (if I remember correctly the i910 was the ONLY one they carried...no i900 (at least no difference)). I think if I found a site selling the back cover only I would get it, but I am happy with mine now, and don't want to shell out more $ than I need to LOL!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

dchiver is a n00b

I ordered and installed the ZAGG invisible shield for the i910. It did not have the front facing camera hole. I only installed the front, back and "Bottom" piece that covers the silver under the buttons. When I installed there were a few bubbles under the protector on the back, but after a few days they went away. I did however scratch the front shield while installing, but not too much to return for a replacement.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:59 PM
VIP Member

dchiver....you scratched the protector while installing it? I would call the company if I were you, that is just what it is supposed to protect you FROM, and if it scratches that easily, I would worry about the long-term durrability!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

dchiver is a n00b

Yeah...I thought about it, but the scratches are really not noticable. You have to get at just the right angle to see it. I am very happy with the way it protects my screen.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia