PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 08:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

pppebble88 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thinking of installing SPB Mobile Shell

Any recommendations on how to post a screenshot? I have never done that before...Thanks
Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omina i900
Carrier: Vodafone

DJRedLine is keeping up the good workDJRedLine is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppebble88 View Post
Any recommendations on how to post a screenshot? I have never done that before...Thanks
Use imageshack or photobucket to upload your image onto the web then just insert the URL into your reply.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:37 PM
N00b

pppebble88 is a n00b

I gotcha...but how do you get the image OFF of the phone? Thanks.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
I gotcha...but how do you get the image OFF of the phone? Thanks.
If you don't have a screen-cap utility, go over to this thread:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51507

I posted on on-device one, and for on the PC My Moblizer (link posted there as well) works great!!

If you do have one, and took the screen capture already, and really need to know how to literally get it OFF the Omnia, you have a few options. The easiest is to sync with your PC and drag the image from your Omnia to your PC. Another option is to save the image to your memory card, remove the memory card from the Omnia, and pop it into a card reader and transfer to your PC that way. You can also just email it to yourself from the Omnia if you have an account set up on it!!

Old 01-09-2009, 01:20 AM
N00b

pppebble88 is a n00b

Attached are the pictures labeled accordingly...

1. For the home.jpg, I want to change the buttoms at the VERY button (where you switch between home, calendar, weather, etc...)

2. For the old_alarm.jpg, when you click the clock on the HOME screen, and then alarms, it takes you to that screen. That alarm doesnt allow you to use certain songs, etc, and I just don't like it as much. Can I remap the alarm button, when click, to go to the other Alarm/Clock program on the omnia...Can the two interface with eachother?

3. For the programs.jpg, I want to change the button set...Which are those under the Spb layout customization? Also, I don't want the Navigation one...Also, Can I go back and add the game pack that came with Spb Shell, and if so, install it on the "My Storage"?

4. For the S2U2.jpg, do you notice how the text is garbled when it is over the CHARGE image? Also, is there anyway to make it NOT a static image. or add a BG image at least to it?

5. For the startup.jpg, what in here do I need and what can I get rid of? I don't know what a lot of these do, like AlarmWatcher, LargeDisplay, TimeWizard...

I also notice that under the Today settings, under items, there are a LOT more options than there used to be (I am assuming from SpbMobile Shell)...Is the only one that should be enabled the Spb Mobile Shell?

As always, thanks for all of the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg home.jpg (37.7 KB, 25 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg old_alarm.jpg (20.9 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg programs.jpg (42.6 KB, 16 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg S2U2.jpg (18.1 KB, 18 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg startup.jpg (27.6 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Attached are the pictures labeled accordingly...

1. For the home.jpg, I want to change the buttoms at the VERY button (where you switch between home, calendar, weather, etc...)
Those are the launcher icons, and yes they can be changed by changing 'Launcher Buttons Style (2)

Quote:
2. For the old_alarm.jpg, when you click the clock on the HOME screen, and then alarms, it takes you to that screen. That alarm doesnt allow you to use certain songs, etc, and I just don't like it as much. Can I remap the alarm button, when click, to go to the other Alarm/Clock program on the omnia...Can the two interface with eachother?
I think it can be done, but I am not good enough with coding to do that, maybe over at XDA they can figure it out.

Quote:
3. For the programs.jpg, I want to change the button set...Which are those under the Spb layout customization? Also, I don't want the Navigation one...Also, Can I go back and add the game pack that came with Spb Shell, and if so, install it on the "My Storage"?
Those icons are 'Launcher Buttons Style (1). You can get rid of the Navigation icon by going into Customize Menu and playing around with that tree there (it can get tricky, so get ready for a challenge) just uncheck the navigation icon and see what it looks like. When you say game pack, do you mean the games SPB sell? If so, certainly....they shouldn't affect Shell at all, and in My Storage is fine.

Quote:
4. For the S2U2.jpg, do you notice how the text is garbled when it is over the CHARGE image? Also, is there anyway to make it NOT a static image. or add a BG image at least to it?
A couple things can be done there. The Omnia draws it's battery info in a unique way that S2U2 (and most other battery apps) can't get an accurate reading on, so the battery won't get that annimated charging function other devices get (YET.....A_C does know about it, so we will see). For now though you have options: You can either have the battery re-done onto a wallpaper so you get the background going and you can lower the battery. (this can be done, but I am not sure how it will look on the Omnia...being able to rotate and all!!!) The other thing you can do is go into S2U2 settings and disable the full-screen batter. That way you have your wallpaper showing durring charging as well!!

Quote:
5. For the startup.jpg, what in here do I need and what can I get rid of? I don't know what a lot of these do, like AlarmWatcher, LargeDisplay, TimeWizard...
I think those are Samsung items, and I really don't think they are things that can be played with too much (I may be wrong) I wouldn't want to mess-up something needed!!

Quote:
I also notice that under the Today settings, under items, there are a LOT more options than there used to be (I am assuming from SpbMobile Shell)...Is the only one that should be enabled the Spb Mobile Shell?

As always, thanks for all of the help!

Yes, a lot of them are Shell items, and your correct, for the Today plug-in SPB Mobile Shell is the only SPB item you need checked. Just remember there are others you may want to show as well (other apps with Today Plug-ins you have installed).
Old 01-09-2009, 02:04 PM
N00b

pppebble88 is a n00b

Thanks a lot for all of the help...I am still digesting this information and will get back with you soon.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:16 PM
N00b

pppebble88 is a n00b

Thanks for the help...I got the icons set the way I want them, but have a few questions.

1. For the S2U2 issue, I disabled the full screen battery, but now it just shows a black screen (like it does when it is locked but not plugged in)...Anyway to get a picture or something?

2. Is there a better alarm program that people use?

3. With regards to main memory, how can I keep that managed, find out what is on it, and get as much as I can out of it? I just am trying to optimize my opmnia as best as I can, now that I am zeroing in on the look I want...

Thanks
Old 01-09-2009, 02:25 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Thanks for the help...I got the icons set the way I want them, but have a few questions.

1. For the S2U2 issue, I disabled the full screen battery, but now it just shows a black screen (like it does when it is locked but not plugged in)...Anyway to get a picture or something?
OK...how did you disable the battery? Do you have a wallpaper showing while your NOT charging?

Quote:
2. Is there a better alarm program that people use?
I use G-Alaem by Ageye: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=465879

Quote:
3. With regards to main memory, how can I keep that managed, find out what is on it, and get as much as I can out of it? I just am trying to optimize my opmnia as best as I can, now that I am zeroing in on the look I want...

Thanks
I would first go into My Device> Programs and see what is installed and move whatever you can to My Memory. Then go to Documents, Picture, video, and other various folders and clean them out (either deleting, or moving to My Memory). Then run a Memmaid/SKTools type app to clean things up.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:25 AM
N00b

pppebble88 is a n00b

Thanks...I am still messing around with all of this stuff...

1. I noticed today that the flashlight (by holding down the lower volume button) does not work now (since i installed Spb Mobile Shell)...Any ideas?

2. I want to change my bg and have 2 different ones (1 for landscape, and 1 for portrait)...Ideas?

Thanks a lot.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia