PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thinking of installing SPB Mobile Shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppebble88 View Post
Thanks...I am still messing around with all of this stuff...

1. I noticed today that the flashlight (by holding down the lower volume button) does not work now (since i installed Spb Mobile Shell)...Any ideas?

2. I want to change my bg and have 2 different ones (1 for landscape, and 1 for portrait)...Ideas?

Thanks a lot.
I hav noticed my flashlight not working as well, but if I remember correctly, I think it worked while I had Shell, I think it stopped when I started using the volume tweak included in S2U2. I don't use it, so I never really looked into it......sorry!!

For the backgrounds, I would suggest using imache's skinning app that now includes a background generator.http://www.imarche.net/omnia/index.php

There is a way of applying your own unique wallpaper to the 'stock' shell also, that method is best described here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=378367

Old 01-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

dchiver is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppebble88 View Post
Thanks...I am still messing around with all of this stuff...

1. I noticed today that the flashlight (by holding down the lower volume button) does not work now (since i installed Spb Mobile Shell)...Any ideas?

2. I want to change my bg and have 2 different ones (1 for landscape, and 1 for portrait)...Ideas?

Thanks a lot.
The flashlight on my phone will not work while SPB Moble Shell is up. If you exit and bring up the Today Screen you will be able to press the volume down button to turn on the flashlight, assuming that it is still activated in the settings.

-D
Old 01-11-2009, 05:45 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Welcome to the community dchiver!!!

Thanks for posting, it may be Shell that is doing it. Maybe the interface is taking over the volume buttons as well so apps associated with them (like flashlight) won't work with it!!

Good catch there!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omina i900
Carrier: Vodafone

DJRedLine is keeping up the good workDJRedLine is keeping up the good work

SPB Mobile Shell does change buttons so the ability to use flashlight dissapears. You can install the attached favourite settings app to get majority of the omnia functions back in a simple button press.

All Omnia users should have this great app
Attached Files
File Type: zip Omnia_FavoriteSettings.zip (210.3 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM
VIP Member

If that fixes that glitch, maybe this app needs looking into. Is there a good description of this app that I can place in the first couple posts of the tips/tricks thread?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
If that fixes that glitch, maybe this app needs looking into. Is there a good description of this app that I can place in the first couple posts of the tips/tricks thread?
Heres a little video of its functions/appearance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74fz8YZX0DY
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:12 PM
VIP Member

Very interesting, I have seen the first screen, but not the second one. This fixed the flashlight issue people are having with Shell installed? Does it take over anything upon installation or do you need to actually make changes in it before anything takes (I would have to suggest it to someone for the one issue and have it change their theme, sounds....upon installation LOL)?
Old 01-12-2009, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Very interesting, I have seen the first screen, but not the second one. This fixed the flashlight issue people are having with Shell installed? Does it take over anything upon installation or do you need to actually make changes in it before anything takes (I would have to suggest it to someone for the one issue and have it change their theme, sounds....upon installation LOL)?
The .cab file was ripped from a ROM update provided on Modaco forums.
Installation doesnt take over any other functions, just provides easy access to settings.
It unfortunately it doesnt fix the SPB issue with the flashlight and the side buttons, but does now provide you with a function to activate the flashlight instead.

Basically it gives you the functions similar to having the Samsung Today screen in use instead of SPB.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
VIP Member

Ah...OK...well I already have flashlight activated in the settings, Sounds good for people to get the true 'finger-friendle' version of settings (well...a lot of them anyway)!!!

Thanks again for posting more detail!!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

smilepak is keeping up the good worksmilepak is keeping up the good work

How do you get the SPB Mobile Shell Now screen and/or the Today screen to link to the Omnia alarm / clock?

It defaults to WM clock / alarm.
http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/categ...g/cell-phones/
(Support The Site By Visiting Google's Link)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia