PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 12:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Some S2U2/Omnia love!!!

Cmass...there are also a couple other options you may want to look into....volsmcfalls is correct in saying that the Omnia has the task manager that is brought-up by swiping up from the bottom of the Today screen, so you can un-map that and use the camera button for S2U2.

But....for dealing with apps that don't close, a nice little free app called MagicButton does great work (there are others, but I have used this one in the past)!! http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx

If you really want to map buttons, AEButton allows mapping for one, two, and three presses as well as long presses of buttons...allows a lot of uses for each button!! (there is a free version on the download/purchase page, not sure of the differences, but the paid version works well on the Omnia)
http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus.php

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

Cmass is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Cmass...there are also a couple other options you may want to look into....volsmcfalls is correct in saying that the Omnia has the task manager that is brought-up by swiping up from the bottom of the Today screen, so you can un-map that and use the camera button for S2U2.
But....for dealing with apps that don't close, a nice little free app called MagicButton does great work (there are others, but I have used this one in the past)!! http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx
If you really want to map buttons, AEButton allows mapping for one, two, and three presses as well as long presses of buttons...allows a lot of uses for each button!! (there is a free version on the download/purchase page, not sure of the differences, but the paid version works well on the Omnia)
http://ae.inc.ru/aebplus.php
You say you used Magicbutton in the past....which would beg the question how you deal with this problem now?

Does anyone use the memory program Memaid and if so, would it help?

I've seen the AEButton software - It looks very cool. First I just have to get this blasted phone working at the most basic level! Then I can have fun (I hope).

Thanks!
Chris
Old 12-29-2008, 08:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i910 Omnia

wtherrell is becoming a great contributor
Wink Re: Some S2U2/Omnia love!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmass View Post
You say you used Magicbutton in the past....which would beg the question how you deal with this problem now?

Does anyone use the memory program Memaid and if so, would it help?

I've seen the AEButton software - It looks very cool. First I just have to get this blasted phone working at the most basic level! Then I can have fun (I hope).

Thanks!
Chris
MemMaid works fine for advanced file browsing, cache moving and cleaning cache and temp files. Helped me find 20Mb I could free up from main memory. Doesn't program buttons that I know of. I use PocketPlus for its finger friendly Spb menus and it has a good feature that lets the "X" key close programs or tap and hold to bring up a task manager. To reprogram the softkeys at bottom of screen, I use KeySwop--which is free.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Update: Magicbutton DOES work!
Old 12-29-2008, 08:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
MemMaid works fine for advanced file browsing, cache moving and cleaning cache and temp files. Helped me find 20Mb I could free up from main memory. Doesn't program buttons that I know of. I use PocketPlus for its finger friendly Spb menus and it has a good feature that lets the "X" key close programs or tap and hold to bring up a task manager. To reprogram the softkeys at bottom of screen, I use KeySwop--which is free.
Thanks!
I've got S2U2, Phone Suite, Mobile Shell - and the rest of the Communications Package from Spb. Do I need Pocket Plus on top of all that ?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i910 Omnia

wtherrell is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmass View Post
Thanks!
I've got S2U2, Phone Suite, Mobile Shell - and the rest of the Communications Package from Spb. Do I need Pocket Plus on top of all that ?
Not really. Pocket Plus adds some extra tabs / functionality if you use it as today screen plug-in tab from Mobile Shell. There is another, more sophisticated way of using them together but I haven't tried it yet. A guide to using them together here: http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3941

There are some free apps to make your "X" close files. I think they have already been covered in the forums.

BTW. I found S2U2 to be unstable on my Omnia and removed it.

Wait until tomorrow to procrastinate
Old 12-29-2008, 09:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

iceman5100 is becoming a great contributor

Soooooo...S2U2 is not good??????
Old 12-30-2008, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtherrell View Post
Not really. Pocket Plus adds some extra tabs / functionality if you use it as today screen plug-in tab from Mobile Shell. There is another, more sophisticated way of using them together but I haven't tried it yet. A guide to using them together here: http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3941
There are some free apps to make your "X" close files. I think they have already been covered in the forums.
BTW. I found S2U2 to be unstable on my Omnia and removed it.
Thanks for the link.

Re: S2U2. Perhaps I'm not insane then. I have found the application very unstable - and rather slow. The default way of locking the screen (by holding the call end button) but frankly, it is faster and more consistent.

However, I would love it if someone could show me how I am wrong! As a general rule, I much rather work through and fix issues than abandon ship due to my own shortcomings and ignorance regarding setup.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Cmass....if you want to post what S2U2 is doing and what settings you have I can look them over and see how they compare with mine, I am using S2U2 and Shell and my Omnia runns as smooth as silk!!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I will re-install it now that I think I have the Spb issue stabilized.

I hope it was just some settings issue because I like the idea of this program....

- Chris
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia