PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 07:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

Cmass is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Some S2U2/Omnia love!!!

OK - All installed again. Along with the player and the viewer.

Thus far, all I see is the flower when I lock it. How do I change the flower? How do I create a slide show?
I mapped the camera button to lock since I was able to put the Task Manager in the My Menu button on the Now screen. This helps....but I'm not sure what is actually happening when I lock it. After about 20 seconds the screen times out and goes off......OK but what is happening to the power? Is the phone on standby able to receive calls? Or is it effectively off? Is it consuming much power?

- Chris
Old 12-31-2008, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Just took a 1 hour break from messing with this phone - just to use it for a while - and found s2u does not play well with the other kids. It often complete locked things up requiring a soft reset. I also found it difficult to work with it since the screen kept timing out after the max allowed 60 seconds.
Also, the s2p does not work well at all. It often puked while I attempted to run other programs. Plus, I don't see any settings for it. Nor do I see options for making playlists.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

After much messing around I have given up. I uninstalled all the "S" products: S2U2, S2P, S2V

I still just don't get it. It is faster and easier to simply push the call end button to lock the screen and then tap the unlock buttons to unlock. I found it was a pain in the butt to articulate the slider compared to tapping the buttons. If I didn't get the slider just right it would bounce back or not slide at all. S2U2 also did not play well with other programs and caused freezing up and crashing. The one thing I do miss is the volume controls....but perhaps there is a small app somewhere to improve that...

The S2P looks kind of cool but it is very limiting. After reading extensive online reviews from many sources, I am now trying out Pocket Music from Pocket Mind. They have a free version that is quite good but the full bundled version I'm now trying is quite impressive - just about every imaginable configuration and adjustment as well as a good EQ. Hopefully it will not do anything weird as it does everything I want it to do......we shall see...

The S2V just didn't work.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

jharbin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmass View Post
After much messing around I have given up. I uninstalled all the "S" products: S2U2, S2P, S2V

I still just don't get it. It is faster and easier to simply push the call end button to lock the screen and then tap the unlock buttons to unlock. I found it was a pain in the butt to articulate the slider compared to tapping the buttons. If I didn't get the slider just right it would bounce back or not slide at all. S2U2 also did not play well with other programs and caused freezing up and crashing. The one thing I do miss is the volume controls....but perhaps there is a small app somewhere to improve that...

The S2P looks kind of cool but it is very limiting. After reading extensive online reviews from many sources, I am now trying out Pocket Music from Pocket Mind. They have a free version that is quite good but the full bundled version I'm now trying is quite impressive - just about every imaginable configuration and adjustment as well as a good EQ. Hopefully it will not do anything weird as it does everything I want it to do......we shall see...

The S2V just didn't work.
Don't forget that you can unlock the phone the same way you lock it (by holding the Call End Button)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharbin View Post
Don't forget that you can unlock the phone the same way you lock it (by holding the Call End Button)
Why fancy that!! By golly you can. Well, that makes it even easier then.........
Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-01-2009, 05:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Well...the 'S' apps aren't for everyone, so I'm sorry they didn't workout for you, but good luck with the other apps + configurations you use!!

Old 01-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Lurker

skrump is a n00b

I've got a question for you guys, first off thanks for the heads up on that S2U2 program! I've got it running just fine on my Omnia. It finally came together for me once I read the tip posted in this thread about mapping S2U2 to the camera key. The last thing I'm trying to figure out at this point is this-
On the site where I downloaded S2U2, it has a screen shot which shows, on an incoming call, the slider giving the user the option of sliding left to answer, or sliding right to Ignore. On my device, I only get the option to slide to answer! I'd like to set things up as shown in that screenshot, with the option to slide right to ignore the call, but after reading through this entire thread, the Read-me from the download site, and looking through the entire settings menu on S2U2, I can't figure out how to do it! I must be missing something here, or is that functionality just not available on the Omnia?

Also, S2V was alright, but every time I rotated my phone, the program dumped me out onto the today screen. I'll probably keep it for now, just for it's ability to easily assign pics to S2U2's wallpaper and callerID screens....Overall tho the app seems to buggy for everyday use, and doesn't offer THAT much more than what the stock picture viewer does.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Hopefully A_C will work on S2V to work on our devices, I know it has been posted over there!!

As for the Slide to Answer/Ignore....go into settings, make sure Caller ID is enabled, Slide to answer is activated, and then click all these to 'YES':

Slide to End
S2A Answer Key
S2A End Key

I have gotten lost on the specific meaning of each one, but that is how mine is set-up and I get the slider your looking for!

P.S. remember to stop + restart iLock2 after you make the changes!!
Old 01-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Lurker

skrump is a n00b

syrguy-

That did it, Much appreciated!!
Old 01-02-2009, 05:11 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrump View Post
syrguy-

That did it, Much appreciated!!
Great!! You can also customize that arrow, so if you get bored and wander over to the S2U2 customization thread, you can see just how personal you can make it!!!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=28668

and here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=354111

Feel free to ask for pointers, I have customized almost every part of S2U2 on my device(s)!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia