PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 06:46 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmedic View Post
Anyone know why my samsung dialer is missing any pics on the buttons down the right side? I have Adryn's 6.1 ROM 1.4.1, activated the samsung dialer and the back space, etc are blank. I've tried downloading a new cab, etc and nothing seems to get the items back. I know the dialer is kinda fugly but I need the lock or I keep switching to speaker phone and back again...
Sounds like you installed the Modaco patched i900 dialer. It is not compatible with the i910 Omnia.

Backup your stuff, and do a hard reset. I bet the dialer works. Nobody else has complained of this and this is PRECISELY what happens when you install incompatible versions of the Samsung dialer.

Please ask for support in my rom threads. Cooked roms require special support, usually.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i900
Carrier: Telcel

nugaro is a n00b

Hi guys: I have a problem and need some help to solve it. You know the live! access on the home screen?, well I would like to reassign it to another program, namely another version of Opera that I installed (the one that came with the phone is in Hungarian, I added a new separate version in English), is there a way to have the live! ling take me to the Opera version I installed instead to the original Opera?. Any help will be much appreciated!!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Hey guys,
my omnia seems to be constantly loading something. That four color pie tath spins when windows is loading something keeps popping up and my fingerkeyboard is not smooth when im typing. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in ahead
Old 06-08-2009, 01:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung omnia

sxcporcho is a n00b

i need desperate help. i stupidly installed some kinda app on my phone. now its screwed i cant do **** on it. i start, put in my pin number then it just sits there loading for like ages. any1 know how i can do some kinda complete reset on the phone?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:04 AM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxcporcho View Post
i need desperate help. i stupidly installed some kinda app on my phone. now its screwed i cant do **** on it. i start, put in my pin number then it just sits there loading for like ages. any1 know how i can do some kinda complete reset on the phone?
Push and hold the send and end key (push on the outside corners) and do a soft reset (continue to hold the keys until the format option appears). Then tap the send key to perform a hard reset which will take you bake to the base ROM.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 06-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Lurker

nugaro is a n00b

Hi again guys:
I need some help here!, the Video Call option on my Omnia appears shadowed, as if its unavailable, is there a way to activate it?, any help will be much appreciated!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work

Does the Telcel Omnia have 2 cameras? If not, then that's why you can't use Video Call.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Lurker

nugaro is a n00b

Hi Brandogg:
The answer is yes, the Telcel Omnia does have a front and rear camera, and Telcel also has the video call service. My phone is just like those sold by Telcel, except that I bought it through ebay, and it was issued by Vodafone. It is unlocked and working well though, except for the video call thing...
Old 06-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Noblest is a n00b

This one is for Verizon users; Of course I have the I910. I've unlocked the gps using the leaked rom, etc. I haven't flashed it since. I have however installed the cabs to get WMWifiRouter working so that I can tether it to my laptop. See, I'm moving and don't have internet access at home for a few weeks now due to the transition. Using the phone to tether to the laptop for internet is a great thing. My problem is that now my phone cannot get a data connection. It trys to dial the #777, but it won't go thru. I cannot get the internet, send pics, video, or audio. Only the phone part works. I've dialed the #777 number myself and listen'd. Basically it said I didn't have access and gave me an error #. Does anyone know of or had this same problem? I'd like to know if it is something I can fix before going to verizon for a solution. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: To save time, I have the unlimited data plan, the WMWifiRouter did work for a few days, I have checked my acct online and I have used 158mb in this current month and unlimited data plan still seems to be active, all bills are paid on time.

Last edited by Noblest; 06-11-2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:01 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Have you attemped a hard reset of the phone, and my storage (this removes phone programming), and then reprogramming it (*228 opt 1)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia