PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Lurker

leldonm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

The only apps I have installed is the google maps and today 2 theme and also a cab to change the icons to something else...stickers.. I had all of this on the omnia before the upgrade. The rom I used was the one on the idoctor website....cc20. The only thing i did not do was do a hard reset on the phone before flashing.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Well none of those apps seem problematic, and if your on the cc20, you can't go back. I would really suggest looking at the cooked ROMs in the upgrade section. There are a few great chefs at work up there, including Bgill55 and blazingwolf, but I have used and can attest to Adrynalyne's ROMs (both WM6.1 and 6.5) you can flash to them and have a lot of room left, and they are snappy on mine.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:37 AM
Lurker

augie1 is a n00b

i need a coach. i have a freshly flashed verizon samsung i910. it is making/recieving calls. i have all the correct settings for metro for the sms/mms/ dialing #777 etc... EXCEPT!!! I can NOT get the password "metropcs" to stick when i enter it into the settings. I have a verizon vx6800 "ntc titan/mogul" I had it flashed to metro, and put all the same settings into it, and it's password stayed in place. All is working purrrfect on it. mms/sms/pic&text/calls/gps/instant messaging, etc.. I have been told that on the omni i910, the password has to be edited via computer/usb cable..reg edit.. perhaps. If i knew what/where to edit i feel confident enough to try it. can anyone direct me with good info, as to what software to use, and where in the registry, i need to edit? I have mobile reg editor, and qpst, and active sync installed, as well as tcmdpocketarm total commander for pocket-pc. i really want to get this phone working, someone please come to the rescue. my email is augierockstar@hotmail.com cell# 707-413-8127...augie. and thanks in advance...
Old 06-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Lurker

leldonm is a n00b

syrguy1969, Thanks!!!! I finally got the guts to flash to a new rom...other than the cc20. Thanks bgill for the rom! I would say so far i love it!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 AM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Great!! Have fun with it, there are new ones out all the time, so you can pretty much get the Omnia looking/acting however you like with all the space opened-up for you!!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Noblest is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblest View Post
This one is for Verizon users; Of course I have the I910. I've unlocked the gps using the leaked rom, etc. I haven't flashed it since. I have however installed the cabs to get WMWifiRouter working so that I can tether it to my laptop. See, I'm moving and don't have internet access at home for a few weeks now due to the transition. Using the phone to tether to the laptop for internet is a great thing. My problem is that now my phone cannot get a data connection. It trys to dial the #777, but it won't go thru. I cannot get the internet, send pics, video, or audio. Only the phone part works. I've dialed the #777 number myself and listen'd. Basically it said I didn't have access and gave me an error #. Does anyone know of or had this same problem? I'd like to know if it is something I can fix before going to verizon for a solution. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: To save time, I have the unlimited data plan, the WMWifiRouter did work for a few days, I have checked my acct online and I have used 158mb in this current month and unlimited data plan still seems to be active, all bills are paid on time.
Not had time to flash to new rom yet, but with further reading about the WMWifiRouter, I was able to learn about the "Crash Cleanup" option within the program itself. That corrected my data connection and all is well.

Back to tethering in the new house!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Timbeaux is a n00b

I have been searching the threads for htis problem and I seem to be the only one with it....

I flashed Adrynalins ROM (kick a$$ by the way) and lost the ability to receive texts. Anybody else see this? Any fix?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:41 PM
VIP Member

The only thing I can think of off-hand is to ask if you programmed the Omnia after flashing (*22? Other than that, I haven't seen this issue before. Did you flash the cc20 first? When you flashed the current, did you hit PDA only or the PDA/phone combo button on the UMDL screen? One other thing...(I am assuming you can though) is to ask if the 'phone' part works?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Timbeaux is a n00b

Phone works fine. Flashed according to all of the manuals. I can send texts all day and people receive them but I cannot see any responses. I am using SPB Mobile Shell 3.

After I flashed, the phone came up w/ service so I did not do 228....
Old 06-16-2009, 01:46 PM
VIP Member

I would do *228 anyway, but you may think of purging your texts if you haven't. I find that having too many in memory will do strange things!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia