PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 11:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Can you list all the apps you have installed as well as any tweaks you have made? My first thought is that an app is causing it. Maybe a locking app like S2U2 may help as well.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia sch i910

elmozatz is a n00b

extended batteries wont of course charge on Omnia i910 and gets error message.I have found that the original samsung battery has a magnetic charge on one side of battery . Its possible that using original samsung battery activates a magnetic reed switch under phone compartment. The after market extended battery I purchased has no magnetic properties. Some smart person needs to figure this out with a fix.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmozatz View Post
extended batteries wont of course charge on Omnia i910 and gets error message.I have found that the original samsung battery has a magnetic charge on one side of battery . Its possible that using original samsung battery activates a magnetic reed switch under phone compartment. The after market extended battery I purchased has no magnetic properties. Some smart person needs to figure this out with a fix.
was this in reply to my post about chargin the battery with the phone turned off? and which extended battery did u use so i know not to buy it...I ordered one rather hastily but i can send it back as soon as it gets here if it won't charge...
Old 02-11-2009, 04:13 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Maybe elmozatz can post a pic or two of this magnetic switch so we can all be aware and know what to look for!!

You never know...it may even spark an idea or two!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia sch i910

elmozatz is a n00b

Regarding after market extended batteries for the Omnia i910.

As far as I know no non Samsung battery will be able to be charged in the phone and Samsung as of this point offers no extended battery for the phone. I noticed that placing one side of original samsung battery near a compass, deflected the needle. I cannot see any reason for this magnetic property. I dont think Lithium is magnetic. The side of the phone also shows some magnetic deflection. As I said earlier I placed an extended after market battery next to a compass and it had no magnetism at all. I dont really want to dig up the cover inside the battery compartment to look for a magnetic reed switch. I tried to magnitize a pin and placed it under after market battery but got same battery error message. Using a magnet inside battery would be a good way to insure that only original Samsung battery will be used. To answer Pdub, 73 no after market battery will be alowed to be charged in the phone. It can be charged outside phone of course but just placing it in phone will get very annoying error message. Samsujng went out of their way to make regular Lithium Ion batteries non chargable in the phone. If any one has any ideas on this or willing to duplicate this magnetic test that would be great.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

SpasticWarrior is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to SpasticWarrior

If I am posting this question in the wrong place, my apologies.

I use IE to browse as required by some business related sites I need. Periodically, after syncs, I find some of my mobile favorites have been deleted. The folders remain, but the urls are gone.

Insight and assistance will be appreciated!
Old 02-16-2009, 02:33 PM
VIP Member

The first thing I can think of is to go into the relationship settings in ActiveSync and uncheck favorites, so they don't sync. I would think if they don't sync, AC would leave them alone and you wouldn't lose any!!
Old 02-20-2009, 05:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

OK Omnia owners, I'm in need of your help please! After VZW sending me 4 Touch Pro's, they have opted to allow me to select another model. I have selected (you guessed it) the Omnia (for some reason they wouldn't allow Storm), it will be in my hands tomorrow. Here is a short list of problematic issues VZW Tech read to me pertaining to Omnia call ins:

E-mail issues: Not being received.

SMS issues (apparently one of the biggest call-in problems): Not being received or all coming in at once the following day.

Data Connection Issues: Not being able to connect.

Also, in my research I have found a few instances of issues with Omnia not ringing (also found with TP).

Yes, I have read through the Threads, although not all of them. Basically, I am asking if the issues the Tech has given me are issues any of you have seen or dealt with. I don't want to give up TP for Omnia if Omnia has more issues or problems.

Thank you in advance!
Old 02-20-2009, 05:41 PM
VIP Member

Quite honestly, I have never heard of any of these issues, or seen them mentioned anywhere in the communities I look at!!!

Once I setup my email, it updates no-fail, I get my texts faster that a lot of my other friends do, and I have had my data not connect ONLY when I am at work (a radiology department....lots of lead-lined walls....perfectly acceptable/expected)!!

The only thing I can think of that even comes close is the ringer, and it isn't that it doesn't work (I have seen one person's rings cut-out, but it was app/tweak related, not hardware), it is more like Samsung's 'fade-in' ringer. Not sure why, but the rings will fade in...but I haven't seen many (a few though) people say it is problematic, it does get loud in not-to-long of a time!!

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have, I think as long as your ready to give up a physical keyboard and readily available stylus (that doesn't look like a charm) your in for a treat!!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

Thanks for the quick response! I am not sure about the giving up the Hard Keyboard but then again, if I don't start missing calls or texts then I'll be somewhat happy. I say somewhat because I'll also loose the ability (unless I missed something) to flash ROM's. As far as the stylus, honestly only used it periodically for areas where my fingers had hard time, ie. PIM Backup un-selecting restore options.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia