PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 03:23 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

CS will probably just ask for a hard reset.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Most likely, it would be nice if the original problem could be tracked down for future reference though. At least thre aren't many apps installed, the hard reset will be relatively painless.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Lurker

Port1907 is a n00b

true but because i don't use outlook all my contacts will be lost,

do you know a way of saving them in some other format so that i don't loose them?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

fastevolutionviii is keeping up the good workfastevolutionviii is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Port1907 View Post
true but because i don't use outlook all my contacts will be lost,

do you know a way of saving them in some other format so that i don't loose them?
PIM Backup should work... Enjoy!
http://www.dotfred.net/
Old 02-05-2009, 08:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

fastevolutionviii is keeping up the good workfastevolutionviii is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Hi, I am new to the forum and need help badly.

I have had my Omnia phone a couple of weeks now and all of a sudden it stopped ringing when I get a call. It still vibrates but won't ring. I have tried adjusting the volume, changing the ring type and tone but to no avail.

Please help me
Quote:
syrguy1969,

It is only the ringtone that I don't hear. I hear everything else, keypad tones, game sounds, etc etc.

All that is on the phone is what comes as standard. I have not installed anything else knowingly
Quote:
ok,

Everything is up loud.

If I go to phone settings, I can click the play button and hear the ringtone.

I didn't change the ringtone, it just stopped ringing.

I had the same issue 3 weeks or so ago. I removed the battery and waited about 5 minutes. I reinstalled the battery, booted up the phone and viola everything was back to normal. I hope you have fixed the problem already, but if not I hope this fix works for you like it did for me. Good luck!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Lurker

pathymo is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Hey y'alls,

Searched the thread but didn't find this particular problem. I do not own an Omnia, but a friend of mine does and she is having a couple of issues. The first issue is her memory--it is at absolute 0 for device memory. Verizon told her it is a problem with the Omnia and to ignore that it says 0 because it actually has "a lot of memory" but a bug is causing it to say 0. I'm going to clear her internet cache and see if she has the VZApps installed and delete it if she does to see if that helps, but has anyone else heard of/have this problem?

Second problem--she can't send txt messages. Every time she clicks send she gets an error message (can't remember it off the top of my head, but will look later today and update post). She thinks it has something to do with the System Error Verizon told her about (the no memory bug), but i'm not so sure. Anyone have this problem?

Last thing-- she was trying to get her hotmail e-mail on her phone, and the Verizon people were no help to her. They told her to use the mobile e-mail app, which is crap and is just taking up space. She needs to be able to access her groups, and cannot do that from Mobile E-mail. Any advice?

Thanks to everyone in advance. If worse comes to worse, I'm just going to transfer all her info to card/computer and do a hard reset for her.

Thanks again!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:28 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The memory problem is a very well known issue, and with 8GB memory, I think your safe, but definetly keep the Opera cache clear...that is a biggie along with the VZApps (I can't believe they even keep that on the new Omnias being sold)!!!!

I had this issue at first, but after a hard-reset and installing everything again, and placing files on my memory again, the issue went away and I haven't seen it since. So eventhough I don't care for the way the rep worded it, they are most likely pretty accurate.

The texting issue is new to me. Are you sure the data connection is good? Is there a third-party app (Vito, PocketCM....) being used?

I don't use Hotmail, but I think this site may help:

http://home.mobile.live.com/home.mvc...roduction/Mail
Old 02-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Lurker

pathymo is a n00b

The connection is fine, and no third party apps. The exact message it gives is:

The message cannot be signed and/or encrypted.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:39 PM
VIP Member

If everything else is working a call to CS may be in order. If you are still haveing issues and decide to do a hard reset, hold off on the call untill after the reset and see if that helps with the texting. If not, then CS is the call to make!!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia II SCH I920
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

pdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdub73 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
Hey y'alls,

Searched the thread but didn't find this particular problem. I do not own an Omnia, but a friend of mine does and she is having a couple of issues. The first issue is her memory--it is at absolute 0 for device memory. Verizon told her it is a problem with the Omnia and to ignore that it says 0 because it actually has "a lot of memory" but a bug is causing it to say 0. I'm going to clear her internet cache and see if she has the VZApps installed and delete it if she does to see if that helps, but has anyone else heard of/have this problem?

Second problem--she can't send txt messages. Every time she clicks send she gets an error message (can't remember it off the top of my head, but will look later today and update post). She thinks it has something to do with the System Error Verizon told her about (the no memory bug), but i'm not so sure. Anyone have this problem?

Last thing-- she was trying to get her hotmail e-mail on her phone, and the Verizon people were no help to her. They told her to use the mobile e-mail app, which is crap and is just taking up space. She needs to be able to access her groups, and cannot do that from Mobile E-mail. Any advice?

Thanks to everyone in advance. If worse comes to worse, I'm just going to transfer all her info to card/computer and do a hard reset for her.

Thanks again!
ur friends Text message problem is due to the 0mb available memory, I have not seen this issue on my Omnia, but I noticed in on of my programs(MemMaid) it has a tweak to save text messages n the (my storage card) rather then the Main memory...

this is how I figured out that even with the limited amount of main memory(which btw is NOT the 8gb memory) the phones default application cache is the main memory....

anyway with that program I directed my phone to save all application cache to the 8gb memory card, NOT the limited main memory...

if u get a chance go to start/settings/system/memory tell me what it reads on the left where it says storage...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia