PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

robbzbusa is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Lets start over so what is it your trying to do? Unistall the bar or specific files?
specific files...well i have 3 things that wont uninstall...even if i try to reinstall i get an error....1 is one of your old tb and one is ez2bgmans tb....and also the spb full keyboard...i uninstall and it wont remove from list...i installed mem maid and i dont see it in the list of installed programs either...i deleted these files using tc in the app mgr section in windows and they still there...
and im not sure which tb of yours cause all it says is your name....i dont think its hurting anythig being in there just alot of peeps have same problem with uninstalling from the remove program section...now i have searched and tried all sorts of things but dem files are somewhere and just wont delete....what cha think mah man....get dem hamsters to turn da wheel....lol...if anyone can figure it out its you bro....thanx fo all da help again broseff
Old 04-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbzbusa View Post
specific files...well i have 3 things that wont uninstall...even if i try to reinstall i get an error....1 is one of your old tb and one is ez2bgmans tb....and also the spb full keyboard...i uninstall and it wont remove from list...i installed mem maid and i dont see it in the list of installed programs either...i deleted these files using tc in the app mgr section in windows and they still there...
and im not sure which tb of yours cause all it says is your name....i dont think its hurting anythig being in there just alot of peeps have same problem with uninstalling from the remove program section...now i have searched and tried all sorts of things but dem files are somewhere and just wont delete....what cha think mah man....get dem hamsters to turn da wheel....lol...if anyone can figure it out its you bro....thanx fo all da help again broseff
easy enough fix then, I will make a "special taskbar" for you and I will leave one of the files unsigned, when you install it will ask you to remove the previous version and click yes, the new one will not install because you will get an error message saying that the certificate is not signed. Everything will be back stock. (actually found this out through a mistake haha when creating a new bar)

Problem is folks and why you see it still in the programs file is because the shellres and other dll files are core ROM files that are in use and this why the unistall method still leaves it in there even though you have removed it. Samething with some Manila mods you might find. Really doesn't do anything besides stay listed on the remove programs list.

Hope this helps and clears it up.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbcherry View Post
Ok, first of all a big thanks to Tsowen and HTCLeener for all of their hard work. I have actually used a combination of your DLL files and inserted some of my own icons or ones that I have found and that I like. So I kind of have a hodge podge taskbar so to speak, but I like it. On a side note I am on a GSM ATT Fuze so my network icons are somewhat different.

Anyway, I have been following the thread here and xda for several months and I have a question that is related. Is it possible to pull icons out of a dll file? I haven't been able to figure that one out. Lets say I just want the wifi stuff from Tsowens Elite bar and want to put it in one of my own.
Yes, using PE Explorer because that's what I like and its has a 30 day free trial all you do is right click on the icon number that has the one you want and save resource.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Okay for this unistaller this is the way it will work basically it has the files that the taskbar has so one in unsigned so it is not going to install anything in the end. First what your going to do is place this on your SD Card and double click the cab, it is going to say that a previous version of tsowen taskbar is already installed do you want to unistall and click ok, then its going to attempt to install this taskbar but you will get an error stating that the file is not digitally signed and click ok, then soft reset and presto back to stock. Tried it myself and it works.

This will only work if you have installed one of my cabs. It will not work on any other because it looks for the name tsowen taskbar.

Edit: Need to fix cab, will upload when fixed

Last edited by tsowen; 04-04-2009 at 12:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

chocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to chocmatic Send a message via MSN to chocmatic Send a message via Yahoo to chocmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Here is the windows white flag icon for those who have PM'd me for it, in the attachemnt below open it in IcoFX you will see three images:
48x48 WVGA
41x36 VGA
21x18 QVGA
Use the one according to your device

Not sure if any one had converted these into start icons. I have attached QVGA and VGA files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Windows White Flag.zip (409.7 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:07 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoren View Post
same here, it installed juz fine. I then uninstall it successfully, and it reverted back to the original taskbar. But when it still gives the same error when i try to install v6.2, something bout system permissions.

nonetheless, thank you tsowen for coming up with all these, fab stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
I tried it. However I didn't get an error. It installed just fine (I'm using a Touch HD with stock ROM). I was able to uninstall it though and now it's back to stock.
Quote:
i tried and it didnt work for me....it actually installed a different speaker icon and a different data icon..i had to reload tb 6.3 again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
I've just noticed that it keeps the 6V1.1 icons in the start menu (for programs and setting).
Problem fixed and file updated, please try again
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

robbzbusa is becoming a great contributor

check this out please
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (15.0 KB, 78 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
hey tsowen now im missing icons....ill post a screen shot
Quote:
check this out please
Check your PM
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:52 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
Good day, I use TSOWENTASKBAR 4, but my question is the "busy animation" is that effected by these task bars?
I am running a WM 6.5 ROM, and that has a different busy animated circle thingy, but when I install the taskbar icon cabs it reverts back to the older WM busy animation circle thingy.....
Yes the Wait Cursor is different than WM6.1 if someone would post up shellres.192.dll from there stock WM6.5 I will extract it and add it for you to my new taskbar.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Vin
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch HD

Vin is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Great that worked like a charm!

Now I'm really pleased with the HD, so much to customize. My HD now looks like this:

Is there a way to change the most upper right icon (the one that displays the current programs that are active?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabtan View Post
hi vin,

maybe i can help. are you refering to the start menu icon, and you wanted to remove or revert back to stock?? if so, follows below steps:-

1. rename HTCstartmenuservice.dll to HTCstartmenuservice.dll.bak with TC
2. soft reset your device

now after soft reset, your start menu icon will be reverted back to stock icon.

this will work as i've tried it on my HD with stock rom.

rdgs,
fab
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes