Thread: Custom Taskbar
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 02:58 PM
tsowen
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbzbusa View Post
specific files...well i have 3 things that wont uninstall...even if i try to reinstall i get an error....1 is one of your old tb and one is ez2bgmans tb....and also the spb full keyboard...i uninstall and it wont remove from list...i installed mem maid and i dont see it in the list of installed programs either...i deleted these files using tc in the app mgr section in windows and they still there...
and im not sure which tb of yours cause all it says is your name....i dont think its hurting anythig being in there just alot of peeps have same problem with uninstalling from the remove program section...now i have searched and tried all sorts of things but dem files are somewhere and just wont delete....what cha think mah man....get dem hamsters to turn da wheel....lol...if anyone can figure it out its you bro....thanx fo all da help again broseff
easy enough fix then, I will make a "special taskbar" for you and I will leave one of the files unsigned, when you install it will ask you to remove the previous version and click yes, the new one will not install because you will get an error message saying that the certificate is not signed. Everything will be back stock. (actually found this out through a mistake haha when creating a new bar)

Problem is folks and why you see it still in the programs file is because the shellres and other dll files are core ROM files that are in use and this why the unistall method still leaves it in there even though you have removed it. Samething with some Manila mods you might find. Really doesn't do anything besides stay listed on the remove programs list.

Hope this helps and clears it up.
This post has been thanked 6 times.