PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom Taskbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
great now i like like a tool ... good stuff look guys, i didnt mean to come across as a " gimme gimme " type of person. sorry about that

i know what this site is all about and i do thank everyone that works hard for these great apps we use on our phones every day. i also understand that its hard to fill every bodies request when a lot of the info is always posted in the 1st post.

but in my case ( and im sure in the case of most people that ask for help), i just dont feel comfortable with edits. im worried i will mess something up or replace something im not suppose to deal with. i have never done any kind of edit before, so i ask for a cab ( if someone can help) so i can limit what can go wrong... if possible

a lot of people come to these threads and a lot of people can make cabs and help those of us that are not as " gifted" or have the know how to do some of these things. we are all noobs at one point and this is my noobness lol... i know i try to help with anything anyone may need when i can, if i could make cabs i would be more than happy to do so... i enjoy helping others

and about the read the 1st post thing.... i have been a member of a car forums for a long time and it always got me when people just said " read the 1st post" or " repost". i know it can get old and i know some people can ask for help without looking for it. but before you jump at someone and offer no help.... try to be more helpfull and ask them if they have looked at the 1st post or if they need help with the steps. if you dont know the full reason on why someone is asking for help, then be a little more easy.

anyways thats just me tho

forget this, lets not mess this great topic.... pm me if you guys want to say anything...

oh.... would this new taskbar prevent changes from going on? like adding new apps? the only 2 things i have done to my phone is a new flash and the new taskbar. i know when i installed the new taskbar my tp2 start menu went to the old one. since then i have tried to add a tp2 theme and the incall phone tweak and they dont work... the new taskbar works great but nothing after that...

no clue
Heres a suggestion for you then, since you arent comfortable with doing the edits yourself. Find the exact picture you want [orb as you called it], upload it to the site so someone can download it, or point them in the right direction, and then ask if they can make the cab or file for you. Dont ask someone to do ALL of the work, especially when we have no idea of your personal tastes. We dont know what kind of image you want in your taskbar.

AND, i do believe there are multiple posts/threads on how to change your start text if you do a bit of searching. And if there isnt a program that will do it for you, maybe you can figure out what you want your start text to read and ask someone to cab the registry edit for you.

If you are a fan of my work, please feel free to .

Misfortune Taskbar v2.0

Misfortune Taskbar v1.0

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic

nursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuffnursemm05 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayonesa View Post
i do read a lot and before i do anything i make sure i know the most i can about what im about to do... with the type of job i have and what i have to do, reading and learning is key. i wouldnt be here talking to you guys if i didnt study and learn and learn and learn the things i know (training) lol

but you are 100% correct.. i will try the edits myself and see what happens.... just thought maybe someone could help but i should just learn it.
you might not think this is helpful, but you can always hard reset if you screw something up or change something you shouldn't have. I have done it a few times!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:03 PM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks guys, i think im just going to try and do the edits myself, i should learn to do it. im what you call addicted to changing things on my phone lol

this is my 3 ppc phone ( 6700, mogul, tp) but out of all the ppc phones i have had this one is the one i have played with the most.

kinda bad that i started to mod it since now i cant stop......its all good, keeps me busy and thats a good thing.

Old 03-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylz3 View Post
Could anyone tell which files are for the windows pinwheel/loading Icon. I want to install the .dlls separately so I could maintain the windows 6.5 loading icon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylz3 View Post
Still Searching. Could use the support. Hello anyone!!!
Sorry I was at lunch it is in your shellres.192.dll as a bitmap Open the shellres with PE Explorer and look at the folder Bitmap So if you want to keep your current Windows 6.5 loading icon extract them from your current shellres to a folder on your desktpop, take the shellres in the dll files I put up and insert the loading icon from your old one. Same procudres apply, unsign, edit and resign

Last edited by tsowen; 03-27-2009 at 03:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:50 PM
What did you say?

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

weird... i am on Juicy's ROM tp2

when i installed the new taskbar my start menu (new) went away and i was using the old one... no big deal, kinda liked it... but then i tried to install 2 apps.. one was a theme and the other was the in call tweak, both would not work... nothing happened.

i just uninstalled the new task bar and tried to install the theme and it works now....

but now i have no start menu, i click on it and it highlights the start but it doesnt open

not sure if its i would imagine its a combination of the rom and the taskbar.... if not a lot of people would be posting about it....

weird
Old 03-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Misfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on repMisfortune is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Misfortune always a pleasure to see you back in this thread with your creativity.
at least someone remembers me

i may not post as much in this thread right now, but i still read it every day.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0tix View Post
Heynursemm05 i saw you made a cab for the hawiian bat to only effect the battery and was wondering if you could do this for the tsowen taskbar v5.7 battery as well, if you could do it so it would only effect my battery icon and no others that be really awesome!

sorry for the underline i dont know why it wont shut off lol

thank you in advance
Give me time I am working on two cabs with both versions of the batteries and a new speaker.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

pdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Boy you guys sure beat up on Mayonesa. I think you got the message after the first two people got on you, but it just kept going. I hope that doesn't discourage you from asking questions or making requests on this thread. I'm no developer, but I can help you with the start icon and text if you want. Just let me know.

Also, even though I've hit the "thanks" button, I'd like to say a quick thanks to TSOWEN, HTCLEENER, GADGETFREAK, MISFORTUNE, and all of the other greats that contribute to this thread.

Now for the reason I'm here. I changed my Voice Command icon from the old mic to a more up to date one and wanted to see what you guys thought.

If you found this useful, hit the "Thanks" button.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoc01 View Post
Boy you guys sure beat up on Mayonesa. I think you got the message after the first two people got on you, but it just kept going. I hope that doesn't discourage you from asking questions or making requests on this thread. I'm no developer, but I can help you with the start icon and text if you want. Just let me know.

Also, even though I've hit the "thanks" button, I'd like to say a quick thanks to TSOWEN, HTCLEENER, GADGETFREAK, MISFORTUNE, and all of the other greats that contribute to this thread.

Now for the reason I'm here. I changed my Voice Command icon from the old mic to a more up to date one and wanted to see what you guys thought.

No beating up was inteded by my post and I hope I didn't run him off. I think we have touched on this enough and it can be let go. My whole point was to get people to "try" and do some of these minor changes themselves, this way they also learn the process and have an understanding of what the process is. The more you understand about your phone the more power you have to make it look and function the way you want it to.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:12 PM
What did you say?

no worries, everything is good...

back on topic

i would like some help with what i posted a little back.. i like the new taskbar but i cant use it with the Juicy ROM... im guessing thats the combo thats messing it up cause i went back to the older taskbar and its working fine....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes