PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP PLS: PRE or HERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
im going with the hero, i hate the pre's design.
i'd get a hero if my jeans said FUBU and had HUGE POCKETS! lol but they don't, so i won't...

I kinda went out on a limb and went with the pre, and i'm so glad i did! You really don't know how "above the rest" the usability is until you've used one for a couple weeks.

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: sprint

lfrp is just getting started

what about the Samsung instinct Q, it comes with android and have a keyboard too... do you guys think is a good phone?? Im deciding between this one and the hero that doesn't have a keyboard. but Im just wondering if the specs of the Q are gonna be good....
Old 09-18-2009, 03:57 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
im going with the hero, i hate the pre's design.
When Gizmodo first broke the pre's launch I looked at it and went "that is the ugliest ******* phone ive ever seen" I talked **** about it for months before its release

Now that I have one, I take it all back, its an awesome phone.

And Ive had A LOT of phones.

Last edited by NinjaMom; 09-29-2009 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Profanity Removed
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

transcend73 is keeping up the good worktranscend73 is keeping up the good work

I read above that the Op already made his decision and will go with the Hero.

Just thought I'd add my 2.5 cents anyway...

To me, the Hero reminds me of the Diamond. I used a Diamond for a year and it never really felt quite right. The screen seemed tiny and typing on the on-screen keyboard was always awkward. I seemed to mis-type letters often and became really adept at reaching for that backspace key. I also felt that the button on the bottom of the Diamond's face was unnecessary and wished that they extended the screen over that area instead. The Hero seems to have a lot of wasted space under the screen and I don't see the point of having a trackball on a touch screen device. The Hero's screen is only slightly larger than the Diamond's. Again, I think it would have been a wiser decision to lose the trackball in favor of a larger screen on the Hero.

Additionally, there's a post elsewhere in this forum where someone posted pics of a hero and TP2 together and the Hero is only slightly smaller than it.

From the reviews on the Hero there also seems to be some issues with lag when using SenseUI.

For these reasons I'd choose the Pre over the Hero.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:19 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

My friend at work has a Pre and it is AWESOME. Except for one very serious problem...

The keyboard is way too small, and there's no OSK option to counter that. Even if there is one (all I know is it doesn't come with the device), it wouldn't matter. I think the hardware keyboard is a waste of space on the Pre. This has been Palm's downfall since the beginning of time, IMO, and is the one reason I have never owned one of their smartphones.

I say go with the Hero. I've actually become quite fond of HTC's new OSK design (on the TP2) and I've heard it's even better on the Hero.

Also, my friend had to have his Pre replaced in two days because the device would shut off sometimes when he closed the screen/kb, and the ear speaker would stop working too. Kinda lame :/
Old 09-29-2009, 08:15 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Sounds like a defective unit. All phones have some.

The keyboard is small, and coming from a TP1, it seemed even smaller at first. But the smaller keyboard equals a smaller/sexier phone. The keyboard grows on you too. There is a hombrew tweak for the OSK which works pretty good... Though I do miss the T9 OSK of my TP1... That is the only thing about that phone that I miss though. The lack of issues with the pre, the easier ability to multitask with the pre, and the card and syngery on the pre make a T9 keyboard a minor thing to miss.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 10-03-2009, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

shortbus182 is keeping up the good workshortbus182 is keeping up the good work

The hero is just more my style, but heres a vid on sprints hero vs the pre...http://jkontherun.com/2009/10/02/mob...hero-on-video/
Old 10-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
My friend at work has a Pre and it is AWESOME. Except for one very serious problem...

The keyboard is way too small, and there's no OSK option to counter that. Even if there is one (all I know is it doesn't come with the device), it wouldn't matter. I think the hardware keyboard is a waste of space on the Pre. This has been Palm's downfall since the beginning of time, IMO, and is the one reason I have never owned one of their smartphones.

I say go with the Hero. I've actually become quite fond of HTC's new OSK design (on the TP2) and I've heard it's even better on the Hero.

Also, my friend had to have his Pre replaced in two days because the device would shut off sometimes when he closed the screen/kb, and the ear speaker would stop working too. Kinda lame :/
About the keyboard, I hated it at first. However, after sometime I noticed that it just worked. It was easy, I got use the the size and the proximity of all the keys. I've noticed the best thing to do with it is just trust my gut and type away. I get fewer spelling errors doing this vs playing close attention to deliberately hit the correct keys. It works very well.

Also, the OSK is very nice and very functional. It does not come with the device, but I feel that is neither here nor there.

I haven't played with the Hero yet, but I've always felt very vanilla about Android. It doesn't do much for me.

Anyhow, I still want a TP2...
Old 10-09-2009, 04:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Pre to HTC hero

GF is trying a HTC hero instead of her pre any ideas how to move contacts over? She giving it a try before deciding between the 2 cause the pre using the palm profile
Old 10-09-2009, 04:35 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved & Merged!

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison