PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 10:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

consiglere is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP PLS: PRE or HERO

I'm leaning towards the Pre even though I haven't played with the HERO yet. Android seems to have more and better apps than the PRE but I'm also more concerned with the basic functions of the HERO. I've friends that have the G1 and seem to complain about the basic functions of the phone (poor battery life, freezing etc). I haven't seen these kind of problems with the PRE (yet).

Someone please convince me to pull the trigger on the PRE now or just wait for the HERO.

p.s I'm currently using a TouchPro and I'm so ready to leave WinMo devices.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:18 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work
Re: HELP PLS: PRE or HERO

I am on a personal ban of all HTC products myself but I hear the HERO is pretty nice.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

I went from Touch Pro to Pre, and am loving it. The Pre's form factor and the fact that I have not had a single freeze or any problems whatsoever may be the reason.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:04 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I was in the same boat as you... So I got pointui and installed the android theme on my touch pro.... Meanwhile I was playing with my husband's pre.... When it came down to it... I just like the Pre better. While I know I never actually played with the hero... I think that gave me a decent enough idea of it... I vote Pre. I am LOVING mine. It is such a breath of fresh air from Winmo and HTC.

I hate the new sprint version of the hero too. I would have enjoyed the GSM version better.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 09-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
It is such a breath of fresh air from Winmo and HTC.

I hate the new sprint version of the hero too. I would have enjoyed the GSM version better.
i like how you said that about winmo and htc

I actually like the hero without the chin

I vote pre aswell... Development is faster than any phone in the past (even the iphone)...

The pre is sooooo small too, i love it!

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:28 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
I went from Touch Pro to Pre, and am loving it. The Pre's form factor and the fact that I have not had a single freeze or any problems whatsoever may be the reason.
Did you ever run a custom rom on your touch pro?

I just loaded MightyRom 6 the other day (first time I ever flashed) and it runs a LOT better. Like, it runs the way you'd feel it's supposed to.

I too am considering the Pre so I decided to flash and really see what my phone was capable of. It honestly feels like a new phone. This should keep me satisfied for a good while I should think.

In fact, this custom rom has got me wanting the touch pro 2 a bit more because by the time I'm allowed to get one, there should be roms out (I think.) I mean, I remember how quickly they came out for the Touch Pro.

Anyways, the Pre looked snappy and felt better than my phone when I tested it at the store. Now with the new rom, I just don't know.

Last edited by chronster; 09-11-2009 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Diamond

jwfos22 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to jwfos22

I have the Diamond now my wife has the Pre. The Pre is a sweet phone but I'm gonna wait for the Hero release. If I don't like it then I'll be getting the Pre. My wife loves her Pre. LOL. Check this out. It's the dog fight Pre vs GSM HTC Hero.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
Old 09-11-2009, 07:58 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I switched from a Treo 800 to the Pre. I have had no issues with my Pre and I would recommend it to anyone tired of constantly looking to customize the WinMo device.

Both the WebOS and Android operating systems are very young and have a lot of growing to do. You will be seeing more apps out for both.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:57 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Tough decision, but I think HTC builds great products, Palm... well they are still trying hard at least. Up until the Pre, they really had nothing. HTC has always been solid in my opinion. I have played with the TP2 and think it is simply amazing! The Pre is really cool, but not quite as powerful, and its based more for fun, if that's what your going for. As for the Hero, well I have yet to mess with it to much but it looks BA! And from what I have seen, Android is sick! So I would go with the Hero, but my decision would be between the TP2 or the Hero, now that's a toughy.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:03 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

U don't want headache? Get a Pre.
Modding both devices requires Linux experience since they are both Linux based. But I tell U what, Some Pre hacks require Linux box or Mac OS. I don't know about the Android yet.
What am I saying? Well, Out of the box and usual stuffs, U'll be fine with a PC.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison