PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 12:10 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP PLS: PRE or HERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ott View Post
Tough decision, but I think HTC builds great products, Palm... well they are still trying hard at least. Up until the Pre, they really had nothing. HTC has always been solid in my opinion. I have played with the TP2 and think it is simply amazing! The Pre is really cool, but not quite as powerful, and its based more for fun, if that's what your going for. As for the Hero, well I have yet to mess with it to much but it looks BA! And from what I have seen, Android is sick! So I would go with the Hero, but my decision would be between the TP2 or the Hero, now that's a toughy.
I would agree except for HTC's run of releasing **** phones and fixing them by releasing another phone, if you look at my history of phones you would see the mogul which was by far the biggest rip off device ever made. The Touch Pro fixed ALOT but the constant slowdowns and degradation of hardware such as the screen and board getting corroded just makes them a crappy choice in my opinion.

Im not saying its 100% HTC, I know some is WINMO but not all of it. In my opinion Palm has always made stand up phones that last FOREVER (my wife still loves her 700w)

Ill still never get over buying the mogul and having the RAM issue it had, calling HTC and the guy telling me straight up that this was supposed to be a winmo5 phone but we put winmo6 on it and that's why its slow but if you want to fix it you can buy the touch pro coming out in a few months.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Pre 2, Evo

tersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stufftersoth knows their stuff

I'm going to go with both!!! I'm picking up a pre tomorrow and going to place my pre-order on the hero as soon as I can. I'll just switch between the two. or use my diamond when 6.5.1 gets developed further
Old 09-12-2009, 11:35 AM
afx
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)

afx is keeping up the good workafx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
I'm going to go with both!!! I'm picking up a pre tomorrow and going to place my pre-order on the hero as soon as I can. I'll just switch between the two. or use my diamond when 6.5.1 gets developed further

Wow....You could have told us you had money to burn...

tell us how you like the two.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Xartist1 is becoming a great contributor

I'm definitely getting the Hero when it comes out next month. It looks like an awesome phone. I'll keep my tp2 though. I was impressed with the Palm pre because of the tiny keyboard. The OS is great but the keyboard turned me off.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:10 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx View Post
Wow....You could have told us you had money to burn...

tell us how you like the two.
HAHAHA. Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xartist1 View Post
I'm definitely getting the Hero when it comes out next month. It looks like an awesome phone. I'll keep my tp2 though. I was impressed with the Palm pre because of the tiny keyboard. The OS is great but the keyboard turned me off.
There is an OSK already.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 09-12-2009, 03:28 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

im in the same boat as the thread starter. im with sprint and in due for an upgrade in november. ive been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out which to choose...the pre or the hero. i have played with android alot on my touch vogue and to be honest i hate the experience so far. very buggy builds and alot of force closes and unresponsive apps. now maybe the experience if much different on a real android phone but i dunno? im leaning towards the pre for right now until i can hear a few people tell me how the real cdma version of the hero performs. i can tell you the marketplace and apps are much larger in volume for android than for the pre.

and to whomever said you need a mac or linux to mod or jailbreak the pre or hero you fail!

i do know i despise winmo anymore and im ready to jump ship soon!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:03 PM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
im in the same boat as the thread starter. im with sprint and in due for an upgrade in november. ive been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out which to choose...the pre or the hero. i have played with android alot on my touch vogue and to be honest i hate the experience so far. very buggy builds and alot of force closes and unresponsive apps. now maybe the experience if much different on a real android phone but i dunno? im leaning towards the pre for right now until i can hear a few people tell me how the real cdma version of the hero performs. i can tell you the marketplace and apps are much larger in volume for android than for the pre.

and to whomever said you need a mac or linux to mod or jailbreak the pre or hero you fail!

i do know i despise winmo anymore and im ready to jump ship soon!
it isnot fail. Nobody said about jailbreaking. I did not say all. I said Some.
Here is one of the hacks that I am talking about. How to bypass activation.It requires a MAC. U can do it on Linux too. WebOS is Linux!

Last edited by jethro_static; 09-13-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:11 PM
╚════════════════╝

Clueless people always get PWNED.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tersoth View Post
your on the same boat as me. I had the diamond but got rid of it. I have the pre and gonna get the hero and switch between the two and see which one I like better. I like the hero for obviously android, but the pre is just smooth to me. I like how it handles multi task and it is really hard to let it go. Aside from all the build issues, it is a great phone,.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Xartist1 is becoming a great contributor

If you want a physical keyboard, get the Pre, if not, get the Hero!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison