View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 02:21 AM
mlin
Just call me Dr. Doctor

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP PLS: PRE or HERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
My friend at work has a Pre and it is AWESOME. Except for one very serious problem...

The keyboard is way too small, and there's no OSK option to counter that. Even if there is one (all I know is it doesn't come with the device), it wouldn't matter. I think the hardware keyboard is a waste of space on the Pre. This has been Palm's downfall since the beginning of time, IMO, and is the one reason I have never owned one of their smartphones.

I say go with the Hero. I've actually become quite fond of HTC's new OSK design (on the TP2) and I've heard it's even better on the Hero.

Also, my friend had to have his Pre replaced in two days because the device would shut off sometimes when he closed the screen/kb, and the ear speaker would stop working too. Kinda lame :/
About the keyboard, I hated it at first. However, after sometime I noticed that it just worked. It was easy, I got use the the size and the proximity of all the keys. I've noticed the best thing to do with it is just trust my gut and type away. I get fewer spelling errors doing this vs playing close attention to deliberately hit the correct keys. It works very well.

Also, the OSK is very nice and very functional. It does not come with the device, but I feel that is neither here nor there.

I haven't played with the Hero yet, but I've always felt very vanilla about Android. It doesn't do much for me.

Anyhow, I still want a TP2...