PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 08:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bboyneko
Re: what will i miss on iPhone

No one has mentioned iPhone has super LOW resolution screen? The only way you cn read text on that blurry screen is to zoom in a lot. The only way Id ever consider getting an iPhone is if they upgraded their screen to HD.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmenti View Post
to someone that mentioned the iphone having a superior screen. If you were to compare side by side to the touch pro.. the tp has a wayy better panel, with higher resolution, just in a smaller size. .
That is true & if I A/B my ipod touch & my TP's side by side you can see the ipod screen is lower res. I still have a much easier time watching a movie on the touch however because of the much larger screen size.

People claim that text is hard to read on the touch, that is complete BS IMHO. I use my touch every single day on this site (tethered with WMWifirouter) & much prefer it to my TP for that (if I didn't, I would just use the TP & not bother with the tethering).

Don't get me wrong, I have three TP's & I love them but there are definitely features from the ipod that I wish I could combine with my TP's (neither one is perfect by any means)

~Jon
Old 07-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

The apps are really nice. You can still have office, skype and whateer else was mentioned. With the keyboard. Its just something that you need to get used to.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

I believe the biggest reasons that the iPhone is so popular relative to the incredibly more versatile Touch Pro are...

Apple iPhone worked very well right out of the box and is very finger responsive, perfect for the average user.

The Touch Pro stock Rom is horribly slow and unresponsive, as most of us here already know. I have read more than one review highlighting this fact and the reviewer gave the Touch Pro a poor review. I cannot blame the reviewer as he was functioning as an average user with a stock phone.

My good friend works for a large Sprint store and often has me show off my Touch Pro which is of course using one of the great ROMs from this site with registry mods which allow it to function the way it should. Sadly, I had to often correct the advice of the in house Sprint tech on what you can do with the TP.

If Microsoft and the carriers could get their act together and make a consumer ready phone there would be a much more level playing field to highlight the strengths of the TP.

All of the great Rom Cookers here and at similar sites make these phones better everyday.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
The apps are really nice. You can still have office, skype and whateer else was mentioned. With the keyboard. Its just something that you need to get used to.
you can have all those apps just not running all at the same time
Old 07-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyneko View Post
No one has mentioned iPhone has super LOW resolution screen? The only way you cn read text on that blurry screen is to zoom in a lot. The only way Id ever consider getting an iPhone is if they upgraded their screen to HD.
I forgot to mention that. maybe I'm just spoiled by my TP's GORGEOUS screen, but I thought the iphone screen was waaaay too grainy. If I can see pixels, the deal is off!

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 07-10-2009, 01:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmkmk13 View Post
please do not flame keep it nice
I have to laugh at this statement. You are asking for the impossible in this forum

just mention the "i-word" and you'll get immediate and swift reactions...
Mention any of the other smartphones on the market and you'll hardly get any response.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro (alltel), Telus Touch pro 2
Carrier: Tbaytel mobility

jarmenti is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyneko View Post
I had made a mention of this in my post.

The iphone has 480 x 320 screen resolution, which is half the resolution of the touchpro which is 640x480. IMHO i love the vga resolution (as coming from qvga, and being a frequent remote desktop user). having a 640x480 screen makes for a decent remote desktop session as opposed to lower res (more is shown on the screen, and the desktop pc is actually useable in my opinion)
Old 07-10-2009, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmkmk13 View Post
... i got offered a free iphone 3gs
what will i miss other than the qwerty?
So what do you mean by free iphone 3gs? Free handset or TOTALLY free as in no monthy $$..

If all you are getting is a free handset, then I'd say the BIGGEST thing you'll be missing is alot of cash each month
Old 07-11-2009, 06:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

apinkel is keeping up the good workapinkel is keeping up the good work

If I were to switch to an iphone I'd miss...
-My money - the cheapest phone/data plan on AT&T would cost me $600 more than what I pay on Sprint (over a 2 year contract)
-Good coverage - AT&Ts coverage in the midwest, especially 3G... is poor
-Garmin XT - I've really gotten hooked on this
-WMWifiRouter - I don't use it daily but it is incredibly useful when I do need it
-Ability to multi-task - while driving I can have Garmin running while playing music... obviously there are a large number of times when this is handy. This is just one that springs to mind.
-Excel - Not sure what's available on the iphone but I love having spreadsheets on my TP that I can edit... I created a quick spreadsheet to calculate a house payment on my TP the other day
-Hard-buttons - I use aebutton plus to have double press on the enter button to bring up my running apps, triple press to bring up the start menu, long press to close active.

What I would like to see changed in the TP...
-More responsive screen
-Better usability out of the box
-Better UI... although with TF3D2 I don't have much to complain about

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison