PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evil Evo
Carrier: Sprint

i360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulari360 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what will i miss on iPhone

Phone calls... Dropped and missed.

Great piece of tech but AT&T is the fail network.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
This definitely is the coolest forum ever... How about the tons of different customizations you can do with windows mobile. Is iphone that versatile? and what about roms? knowing apple you probably have to do some outlandish stuff to unlock it (if it's even possible), it has so many sensors you might have to go to certain altitude and sing to it for it to unlock... lol
Oh, the ability to remove your battery?

My boss told me his daughter's battery on her iphone died and you have to make an appointment with the apple store and go to them and they can open it and replace battery? maybe this has changed with the latest revision..

nobody will ever get me to part with my touch pro.
Well put Raid. You can 'jailbreak' your iPhone, but its hardly like flahsing to different ROMS. IMHO iPhone is NOT A PDA!!!! It is a mulitledia device with internet capabilities, those who deny this are dillusional! iPhone is a great product to go out and purchase if you want to use something that you can master in less than 20 minutes.

Fox Business report compared BB Storm, HTC Touch Pro, T1 by Goggle, and yes the iPhone. I'll give you one guess who took the whole thing, and it wasn't BB, T1, or iPhone!
The only thing the critics could say about HTC TP that was a 'con' was that it was hard to master...? I guess they had to say something!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

Tv out and car stereos are still available on the iphone. My car stereo works with my iphone but NOT my winmo phone.
Im still part of the forum and i have an iphone.
We were talking about not using word wrap, and ive never been to espn on this so i have no idea.
I was comparing my 3g speed to the speed on wifi, i uave no idea whatyou are talking about.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
Tv out and car stereos are still available on the iphone. My car stereo works with my iphone but NOT my winmo phone.
Im still part of the forum and i have an iphone.
We were talking about not using word wrap, and ive never been to espn on this so i have no idea.
I was comparing my 3g speed to the speed on wifi, i uave no idea whatyou are talking about.
Dude who are you talking to man?

My WinMo works GREAT in and with my car stereo! I also use my TP to DJ with! BOOYAH Baby! Someone should kick you out of this forum just for owning an iPhone!!!! lol kidding dont get mad, but maybe they should...?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Haha no i do love winmo. I just picked a stereo that doesnt have a regular jack just the stupid looking thing for an ipod. I just dont understand why everyone hates the iphone os it does almost all the things that winmo can do.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC Evo™ 4G====>!!!
Carrier: The Now Network™

sbux_jae is just getting started

I think you will miss your money...the most. AT&T plans + messaging + data = $$$. But as far as the iPhone, I have nothing against it. It's a great phone.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

My iphone cost less than the other phones i was looking at, but i got it with a contract. But looking at the contract prices, arent they all around 200?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Haha no i do love winmo. I just picked a stereo that doesnt have a regular jack just the stupid looking thing for an ipod. I just dont understand why everyone hates the iphone os it does almost all the things that winmo can do.
if by almost you mean 50%, then yes thats very true.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
safari is weak, it doesn't even word wrap so when viewing pages like this thread you have to continually slide back and forth, safari is garbage. Opera by far best browser created.
+1 about Opera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
how did you get offered a free 3gs?
Stole it.
JKJK.

Quote:
@p-slim
The iphone screen is perfect for viewing this forum in landscape. It fits perfectly and the font size is beatiful.
@mkmkmk13
The iphone 3gs has a full qwerty keyboard.
If you really really wanted to, you could teather and send mms. just dont get caught by att, bad, bad things will happen.

The only bad thing about safari is that it does not have flash support, but it still loads any page twie as fast as my winmo phone did, when my winmo phone was on wifi and the iphone on 3g.

What i believe is the biggest downside of the iphone is that you need to use itunes. But i felt the same way with active sync.
You by far didn't really need activesync, some programs used it to link to the phone, but other than that, you really don't need it. Tons of other syncing apps are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
You might miss the ability to multitask. I know I would.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Chicks dig WinMo...especially with a zebra case. lol
Lmfao, nice horndoctor, nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
You might miss being part of the coolest forum EVER! Once you go iPhone, you are kicked out for life man!
hahaha. well technically there's a section for it now.
So that's not necessarily true.
You will probably be disowned though.
lmfao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodizzkool01 View Post
Well you will be getting a MUCH better screen! Im tired of how microsoft refuses to add a capacitive to their phones when it IS possible (http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=3100). Especially with the way wm6.5 is designed, a capacitive screen would work perfectly. Only difficult thing would be pressing the X button to close a program but that can easily be fixed by remapping the end key of the phone to end the program. You also will be missing a phone that youll need to return every couple of months. I bought my phone in january and Im already on my 4th touch pro (first two keyboard would stop working randomly and third one's camera would freeze and require a soft reset all the time) and my friend is on his 3rd. Microsoft is still playing catch up and once Blackberry fixes the storm, Palm redoes the Pre's keyboard, and Htc agrees to turn the touch pro 2 to android and give it a capacitive screen, Microsoft better watch out
dude, dude dude, duuuuude, dude dude,
Capacitive is coming with wm7.
wm6.5 was not created with capacitive because it also needs hardware, which alot of the phones do not have.
I've only returned my TP once, and that was because I had it heat up so hot that it should have bursted into flames. lol.
Just don't let it get hot, that's when the problems start.

Microsoft started this game.
Haven't you notices how 99% of the stuff on the pre is a spin off of programs you can install on your wm phone?
most of the time, they didn't even make that particular program better.
Yes, webOS is pretty cool, but it's still limited till the SDK is released so we can unlock all the other features. I personally hate how you're limited to I think it was msn or yahoo messenger in your messaging thread, you can't use any other one? I mean wtf is with that.
Other quirks like that are completely killers for webOS.
Plus, the pre has no sdcard? I don't care it has 8gb of internal,
I want removable ones so I can put more and have one for music, one for movies, one for this, and one for that.
It's retarded to get locked down to only 8gb of data.
That's not a whole lot when you really start looking at it.
Especially for media and what not. Just not alot of space for music/vids.

TP2 already has a capacitive screen hardware, it's waiting on wm7

Microsoft is in the middle of changing the game again,
I've been reading up on a bunch of rss popups on my computer,
they're starting their own lines of phones,
still will have wm with htc and what not,
but they're starting their own,
right around the time wm7 is released, expect wm to be taking over the game again.
They're working on their own commercials for wm to truly show everyone how much better wm is than bb and iphone.
It's about time.

My advice to palm is that they need to get their webos straightened out asap, and get rid of the pre and restart with a new phone.
They need to hurry up, or when wm7 comes out,
they're going to right back to how they were, a dying company.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

50%???? what are you trying to do?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison