PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to gimme5
Re: what will i miss on iPhone

You might miss the ability to multitask. I know I would.

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

The only way the iPhone is good is if you jailbreak it. Nuf said.
You can allow multitasking, MMS, Tethering, EMULATORS that work very good, and tons of free apps, plus the ability to customize. I would never get an iphone though i have an ipod touch and my touch pro, best of both worlds! touch for media, touch pro for everything else!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Chicks dig WinMo...especially with a zebra case. lol
Old 07-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
@p-slim
The iphone screen is perfect for viewing this forum in landscape. It fits perfectly and the font size is beatiful.
@mkmkmk13
The iphone 3gs has a full qwerty keyboard.
If you really really wanted to, you could teather and send mms. just dont get caught by att, bad, bad things will happen.

The only bad thing about safari is that it does not have flash support, but it still loads any page twie as fast as my winmo phone did, when my winmo phone was on wifi and the iphone on 3g.

What i believe is the biggest downside of the iphone is that you need to use itunes. But i felt the same way with active sync.
i have a i touch and it does not fit the screen perfectly. have you tried looking at the full espn website or articles from that website, by the time you zoom in to fit word wrap the font is too small.
Also the ablity to for tethering, wmwifirouter and the speeds of evdo reva vs 3g dont compare.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:33 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

never really looked into much for iphone stuff myself.. but these are questions i would ask myself:

tether, mms, hulu, mutliple backup options(similar to our PIMB, Dashwire, ms MYPhone, etc), are iPhones skinable/customizable like winmo is- themes,dialers,plug ins, ROMs, Mutiple UIs avaible, Radios, mutiple GPS systems- what kind of Nav systems are available for iPhone, things like TVOut and car stero capabilities...

thats really just a small list of things that if an iphone cant or doesnt have all that stuff available and More, i wouldnt do it... doesnt matter to me how fast something can go, what kind of processing power, who made it, keyboard/nokeyboard.. But if i can make it do tons of crazy stuff most people cant, legal or illegal, however,whenever, and to whomever, thats what i want!!!!

and winmo allows that to happen-well it helps staying connected with everyone on here and xda too, but i dont think you can do all the crazy stuff without winmo.. can you?
Old 07-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

You might miss being part of the coolest forum EVER! Once you go iPhone, you are kicked out for life man!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 07-09-2009, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: Verizon

jrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good workjrodizzkool01 is keeping up the good work

Well you will be getting a MUCH better screen! Im tired of how microsoft refuses to add a capacitive to their phones when it IS possible (http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=3100). Especially with the way wm6.5 is designed, a capacitive screen would work perfectly. Only difficult thing would be pressing the X button to close a program but that can easily be fixed by remapping the end key of the phone to end the program. You also will be missing a phone that youll need to return every couple of months. I bought my phone in january and Im already on my 4th touch pro (first two keyboard would stop working randomly and third one's camera would freeze and require a soft reset all the time) and my friend is on his 3rd. Microsoft is still playing catch up and once Blackberry fixes the storm, Palm redoes the Pre's keyboard, and Htc agrees to turn the touch pro 2 to android and give it a capacitive screen, Microsoft better watch out
Old 07-09-2009, 07:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
You might miss being part of the coolest forum EVER! Once you go iPhone, you are kicked out for life man!

This definitely is the coolest forum ever... How about the tons of different customizations you can do with windows mobile. Is iphone that versatile? and what about roms? knowing apple you probably have to do some outlandish stuff to unlock it (if it's even possible), it has so many sensors you might have to go to certain altitude and sing to it for it to unlock... lol
Oh, the ability to remove your battery?

My boss told me his daughter's battery on her iphone died and you have to make an appointment with the apple store and go to them and they can open it and replace battery? maybe this has changed with the latest revision..

nobody will ever get me to part with my touch pro.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

hittingsmoke is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkmkmk13 View Post
please do not flame keep it nice

i've had a windows mobile phone since 2002, biggest WM fan here

currently i have a TP from sprint, i got offered a free iphone 3gs
what will i miss other than the qwerty?
i use mms and tether alot but i heard they are coming around

now remember this is temporary until windows mobile 7 comes out, or some killer HW like the zune HD on a phone
Freedom
Old 07-09-2009, 08:44 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hittingsmoke View Post
Freedom
+1 lol

I hate apple with a passion. Everything about the way they do business. But the iphone is a good product. As others have said it has a beautiful screen which WinMo phones are lacking.

Biggest things you'll miss are are the keyboard and I guess multitasking.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison