View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Erythros
PPCGeeks Regular

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: what will i miss on iPhone

I believe the biggest reasons that the iPhone is so popular relative to the incredibly more versatile Touch Pro are...

Apple iPhone worked very well right out of the box and is very finger responsive, perfect for the average user.

The Touch Pro stock Rom is horribly slow and unresponsive, as most of us here already know. I have read more than one review highlighting this fact and the reviewer gave the Touch Pro a poor review. I cannot blame the reviewer as he was functioning as an average user with a stock phone.

My good friend works for a large Sprint store and often has me show off my Touch Pro which is of course using one of the great ROMs from this site with registry mods which allow it to function the way it should. Sadly, I had to often correct the advice of the in house Sprint tech on what you can do with the TP.

If Microsoft and the carriers could get their act together and make a consumer ready phone there would be a much more level playing field to highlight the strengths of the TP.

All of the great Rom Cookers here and at similar sites make these phones better everyday.