PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the iPhone a better device than the Touch Pro
Yes 27 20.15%
No 64 47.76%
Undecided 13 9.70%
iPhone sucks...? 30 22.39%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Re: iPhone users

I love whoever came in voted that the iphone was better, then left no comment.....hack!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 07-05-2009, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work

I don't even understand why one has to be better than the other.

Each comes from a completely different background:
The iphone comes from a media player background - and does that extremely well, and then became a phone too.
The tp came from a pda background - and does that extremely well, and then became a phone.

The iphone is geared to the user who wants simply fun, out of the box, not too complicated.

The tp is geared towards users who need a ppc workhorse or want to geek it out to no end (like us here).

It's like apple & oranges to me, and if someone likes their iphone, good for them. I have no use for it past 10 minutes of "I see" time. My 14 year old step son thinks it's cewler than bubble gum.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic2Mod View Post
I don't even understand why one has to be better than the other.

Each comes from a completely different background:
The iphone comes from a media player background - and does that extremely well, and then became a phone too.
The tp came from a pda background - and does that extremely well, and then became a phone.

The iphone is geared to the user who wants simply fun, out of the box, not too complicated.

The tp is geared towards users who need a ppc workhorse or want to geek it out to no end (like us here).

It's like apple & oranges to me, and if someone likes their iphone, good for them. I have no use for it past 10 minutes of "I see" time. My 14 year old step son thinks it's cewler than bubble gum.
I don't know why man, everything is competition these days. Especially in the TECHY world. I didn't ask for this, I just posted it...lol
Old 07-05-2009, 02:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Depends on how you look at it, the iPhone 3G[s]'s hardware is much better than Touch Pro's....but if you talking about overall then easily the Touch Pro because it's much more customizable to fit "you". Like somone already said an idiot can use the iPhone...
Old 07-05-2009, 02:45 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I personally just don't like the boring home screen on the iPhone, just a bunch of app choices. Not only that, I don't want to be one of the many sheep grouping together because of what a few commercials say.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

My brother-in-law jsut got one and texted to me, "I broke down. I got an iPhone. Let the flaming begin." lol He KNEW he could have done better but, he got a good deal, it was a new toy, and it's [his] wife friendly.
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)
Old 07-05-2009, 03:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

secretanchitman is just getting started

as for the general ease-of-use and out of the box experience, the iphone is pretty darn good. no one can deny that. syncing everything through itunes quickly and easily is also great, negating the need for additional software to sync on both macs/pcs. however, the lack of major features (mostly resolved with the 3.0 update) and AT&T's crap coverage in my area was a turn off for me until recently, when i gave up my tp for a 32GB 3GS.

as far as the touch pro goes, it's easily the best windows mobile device i've used (thanks to touchflo 3D, but i just hate when it goes into windows after that). as far as reliability is concerned, thats a whole other issue entirely (5 broken touch pros - most unreliable phone ive ever owned). the problem, quite honestly, is windows mobile. ive been using winmo since microsoft released pocketpc 2000, and while that was awesome, today, the software just needs to get revamped, period. 6.5 is essentially a GUI update, with no real major changes under the hood. that being said, hopefully winmo7 brings some much needed freshness to the table.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

deathly_shadow is just getting started

They are completely different, (i)phone, the whole i series, ipod, i(insert crap here), etc., they are made for media and they work great. I loved my iphone when i had it but i really wanted a phone that had a keyboard because i would fat finger everything i typed on the iphone. I like my touch pro but i am slowly losing my patience!!! no matter what rom i use the battery dies so fast, screw the TP for that reason only.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The IPhone has one feature our WM phones don't have and that is multitouch touch screen...
It's what lets them do all those cool zoom features.

But other than that it's not much more than a video ipod with phone built in.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:33 AM
uʍop ǝpısdn ɯ,ı ʞooן
Pocket PC: 3rd GALAXY from the SUNG

rdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPrdd0512 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

i phone has cool games.... thats the only thing i wish tp had but i cant stand the cookie cutterness of it my tp never resembles anything that looks stock and i need the customizations for my personal preference.... now if we could make a .ipa emulator in order to use iphone games..... that would be a pot o gold

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison