PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the iPhone a better device than the Touch Pro
Yes 27 20.15%
No 64 47.76%
Undecided 13 9.70%
iPhone sucks...? 30 22.39%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Smile iPhone users

Why are iPhone users always trying to explain to me why the iPhone is a superior phone? I haven't ever owned one, nor have I taken the time to really get into one, but is there anyone who has one and can explain to me if it is superior to the HTC Touch Pro? And if so, will it be superior to the TP2?

TIA

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: iPhone users

Ignorance, advertising, and accessibility.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
Ignorance, advertising, and accessibility.
Could you be a little more detailed? While I love your answers and probably agree with them, I would like to know your opinions and reasons why. thanks
Old 07-05-2009, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

Link9228 is keeping up the good workLink9228 is keeping up the good work

I say no, because the iphone isn't nearly as moddable. You can jailbreak it... but that's like a single ROM. Here in the PPC world, most phones have at least 4 ROMs to choose from. Also, software is more available (freely) for the ppc. You have to pay for a majority of apps for the iphone.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Could you be a little more detailed? While I love your answers and probably agree with them, I would like to know your opinions and reasons why. thanks
Ignorance: some iPhone users simply don't understand the difference between the devices at all.

Advertising: we won't have ATT out here until they convert the divested Alltel market to GSM sometime in the next 2 years, but many of my friends still insist they will get the iPhone and it will blow my TP out of the water. What, besides advertising, could convince them of this when these people have never even seen one in real life?

Accessibility: the iPhone is "idiot-proof." You don't have to think about it. You turn it on, download your apps, make your calls, and that's it. By completely locking the system down they made it extremely user-friendly. By giving me 1,000 choices for my phone, I'm also likely to have 1,000 problems.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 X TPRO
Carrier: 1 Sprint 1 METRO PCS

djsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good work

the iphone is a great phone, but that's all it is just a phone with apps.
although wm is not as user friendly as the iphone, with out a third party software try, remote desktop,ftp access,network access.
put it this way
iphone= toy
touch pro=business tool.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
Ignorance: some iPhone users simply don't understand the difference between the devices at all.

Advertising: we won't have ATT out here until they convert the divested Alltel market to GSM sometime in the next 2 years, but many of my friends still insist they will get the iPhone and it will blow my TP out of the water. What, besides advertising, could convince them of this when these people have never even seen one in real life?

Accessibility: the iPhone is "idiot-proof." You don't have to think about it. You turn it on, download your apps, make your calls, and that's it. By completely locking the system down they made it extremely user-friendly. By giving me 1,000 choices for my phone, I'm also likely to have 1,000 problems.
Ok, I agree with all that. I just had a guy tonight at a wedding I was DJing, tell me how awesome his iPhone is when he saw me using my TP. Oh and did I mention he worked for APPLE?!!! anyway, he was an idiot to say the least, when I tried explaining to him about the free apps versus the 'paid apps' with iPhone, he insisted I was wrong and that he got them for free. Well he works for apple so I would imagine he would get some frre right? Then he tries out doing my phone. He ran all sorts of speed tests, with scrolling, they were about the same speeds give or take. When I told him his phone was basically made for the common idiot who couldn't even fathom navigation on a PPC, he decided to pull out the 'ore apps than you crap'. But he didn't, he was astonished that I can listen to XM Radio on my TP, and watch live streaming video (not like the iphone downloaded video, but the 'LIVE' streaming video0 with no lag... Yes people, he was a true idiot...
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Ok, I agree with all that. I just had a guy tonight at a wedding I was DJing, tell me how awesome his iPhone is when he saw me using my TP. Oh and did I mention he worked for APPLE?!!! anyway, he was an idiot to say the least, when I tried explaining to him about the free apps versus the 'paid apps' with iPhone, he insisted I was wrong and that he got them for free. Well he works for apple so I would imagine he would get some frre right? Then he tries out doing my phone. He ran all sorts of speed tests, with scrolling, they were about the same speeds give or take. When I told him his phone was basically made for the common idiot who couldn't even fathom navigation on a PPC, he decided to pull out the 'ore apps than you crap'. But he didn't, he was astonished that I can listen to XM Radio on my TP, and watch live streaming video (not like the iphone downloaded video, but the 'LIVE' streaming video0 with no lag... Yes people, he was a true idiot...
People are more vehement when defending decisions made on ego and pride than defending those made on reason. If you bought the iPhone because it's the right phone for you, there's no problem. If you bought it because "it's teh coolest evar," prepare to be disappointed.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I just don't see why anyone would buy it unless they were advid iTunes uses. As I understand, if there were a 32GB MSD Card available for the TP, then we could have that much media on our phone, and I am sure someone is working on that size of a card right now. As it is, 16GB is a TON of media to have at your fingertips. So the only pro I can see with the iPhone over the TP is that is currently has 32GB of storage, but you cant change the batt. either, so when that goes, then hello new iPhone $$$.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 X TPRO
Carrier: 1 Sprint 1 METRO PCS

djsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good work

the only advantage the iphone has is a bigger screen......
but wait. here comes the touch pro 2, then is over.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison