PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the iPhone a better device than the Touch Pro
Yes 27 20.15%
No 64 47.76%
Undecided 13 9.70%
iPhone sucks...? 30 22.39%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 04:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: iPhone users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
Ok, I agree with all that. I just had a guy tonight at a wedding I was DJing, tell me how awesome his iPhone is when he saw me using my TP. Oh and did I mention he worked for APPLE?!!! anyway, he was an idiot to say the least, when I tried explaining to him about the free apps versus the 'paid apps' with iPhone, he insisted I was wrong and that he got them for free. Well he works for apple so I would imagine he would get some frre right? Then he tries out doing my phone. He ran all sorts of speed tests, with scrolling, they were about the same speeds give or take. When I told him his phone was basically made for the common idiot who couldn't even fathom navigation on a PPC, he decided to pull out the 'ore apps than you crap'. But he didn't, he was astonished that I can listen to XM Radio on my TP, and watch live streaming video (not like the iphone downloaded video, but the 'LIVE' streaming video0 with no lag... Yes people, he was a true idiot...
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsonar View Post
the only advantage the iphone has is a bigger screen......
but wait. here comes the touch pro 2, then is over.
eh, TP2 will still have a plastic screen.
I want the glass one already so I don't have to deal with scratches or screen protector!

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretanchitman View Post
as for the general ease-of-use and out of the box experience, the iphone is pretty darn good. no one can deny that. syncing everything through itunes quickly and easily is also great, negating the need for additional software to sync on both macs/pcs. however, the lack of major features (mostly resolved with the 3.0 update) and AT&T's crap coverage in my area was a turn off for me until recently, when i gave up my tp for a 32GB 3GS.

as far as the touch pro goes, it's easily the best windows mobile device i've used (thanks to touchflo 3D, but i just hate when it goes into windows after that). as far as reliability is concerned, thats a whole other issue entirely (5 broken touch pros - most unreliable phone ive ever owned). the problem, quite honestly, is windows mobile. ive been using winmo since microsoft released pocketpc 2000, and while that was awesome, today, the software just needs to get revamped, period. 6.5 is essentially a GUI update, with no real major changes under the hood. that being said, hopefully winmo7 brings some much needed freshness to the table.
Keyboard is HTC's fault.
The other Windows after TF3d will be solved with TF3d 2.5,
it basically covers 99% of windows screens.
which is being worked on now,
and the bugs are being worked out before they release it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
The IPhone has one feature our WM phones don't have and that is multitouch touch screen...
It's what lets them do all those cool zoom features.

But other than that it's not much more than a video ipod with phone built in.
zoom features arent all that cool.
they're semi cool, but I like alot of my zoom features. lol.
but multitouch will be here with WM7.
hopefully they start using glass screens though, as that is really a huge factor to me and is quite annoying to have to deal with the plastic scratch-with-anything-touching-me-so-you-have-to-buy-screen-protectors-or-letyour-screen-go-to-crap-so-you-cant-see-anything-screens-that-we-have.

Last edited by codybear; 07-05-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Vertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVertigo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the *ONLY* advantage the iphone has it's the way it render video.. that eye candy way of opening apps etc etc... technology that apple stole and they being sued for it now. I'm sure they will settle like they have done with all the other sue related issues to the iphone and copyright.

http://news.cnet.com/apple-sued-over...e-screen-tech/
http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/02...-acceleration/
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._shipping.html
http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.ph...ne_ipod_touch/
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...endering-tech/

Last edited by Vertigo; 07-05-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

O.K. My son-in-law and his pastor both have iPhones. They were showing me all the things they can do on it. But when I tried to show them that the TP could just about do the same thing, my battery went dead. They told me "It's o.k., they will wait for the battery to charge" then I could show them. I wound up showing them something I can do on the TP they couldn't do on the iPhone. I pulled a spare battery out of my pocket and replaced the dead one.

This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero

Zombie Scott is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaDarla View Post
...I don't want to be one of the many sheep grouping together because of what a few commercials say.
+1 - Exactly what I was thinking when I read this post.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

when i see someone with an iphone i immediately think- wow another label-***** with money > brains. while they are "neato", iphones are apple's ingenious way of making money off self-important morons. take a basic phone, add a few cool features, make it shiny & elite-looking, and every schmuck with a louis vuitton wallet will be lined up outside the apple store.

perfect example of iphone fans' prorities- some people actually bought the "i am rich" app before it got pulled. cost $1000, and did NOTHING but sit on the screen proving to other idiots that youre rich enough to throw away a grand.

sorry if ive offended any fanbois, but... well, no im not actually. i hate apple. it so elitist it makes me sick. they produce basic products but charge twice as much as comparaple items. and why, for clickwheels & logos & pretty finishes? whatever. feeling awesome with an iphone is like feeling 1337 for figuring out how to do custom ringtones on your RAZR or something.

end rant. sorry, dont bring up iphones around me if you dont wanna hear it, lol....

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Threadstarter

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
when i see someone with an iphone i immediately think- wow another label-***** with money > brains. while they are "neato", iphones are apple's ingenious way of making money off self-important morons. take a basic phone, add a few cool features, make it shiny & elite-looking, and every schmuck with a louis vuitton wallet will be lined up outside the apple store.

perfect example of iphone fans' prorities- some people actually bought the "i am rich" app before it got pulled. cost $1000, and did NOTHING but sit on the screen proving to other idiots that youre rich enough to throw away a grand.

sorry if ive offended any fanbois, but... well, no im not actually. i hate apple. it so elitist it makes me sick. they produce basic products but charge twice as much as comparaple items. and why, for clickwheels & logos & pretty finishes? whatever. feeling awesome with an iphone is like feeling 1337 for figuring out how to do custom ringtones on your RAZR or something.

end rant. sorry, dont bring up iphones around me if you dont wanna hear it, lol....
That was great!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 07-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

thank you

plenty more to come, im sure.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

why all the iphone bashing? after all, now it has video and can copy and paste! i wish our tps could do that and then we would have a competition! wait...what's that in the back?....we have that on our tps?....and 700wx?....and vogue?....samsung a940?...ok, carry on then lol!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

slvrap1 is becoming a great contributor

I have a itouch and the keyboad between the two are the same, it would drive me nuts if a had to use that to text/type on. Even with one handed tying i find it hard to type accurately and the auto correct feature
It could never be my primary device.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:45 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

A lot of people are asking if apple can put a physical keyboard on the iphone. So apple gave them a compass just to phuck with them.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison