PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cal_j is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cal_j Send a message via MSN to cal_j
Re: Anyone switched from Touch to Touch Pro through insurance?

I wish I could have found this post before going to the sprint repair store. I looked and looked, but didn't find it. I was hoping they would at least replace my phone with a Diamond or Pro, but they were determined that they were going to replace my touch with another touch, but had to order it from a warehouse first. To top it off they were going to make be drive 45 minutes back to the store to pick it up. Least they finally broke down and said they would ship it to my house.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

*WARNING Long Post, Get Some Popcorn*

Okay everyone ..

TEP is not supposed to be used to "upgrade" to a newer phone.

Im not trying to start a fight in here but this is one of the reasons why Sprint changed up their policy on TEP. Simply because too many people are going into the stores asking to "upgrade" their phones because their current phone is screwed up.

TEP is not an "upgrade" program. If you intend on walking into a Coporate store, a third party store, contacting retentions [btw dont call in and ask for retentions either, but thats a different story], or by contacting ecare and asking for an "upgrade".

If you want an "upgrade" your phone, then go into the store and sign a 2 year contract and get your $150 discount and call it a day.

AGAIN, TEP is not an "upgrade" program. Some may seem to think it's an "upgrade" because you may be one of the few to get lucky and get your phone replaced with a different model phone.

AGAIN x 2 I am not trying to start an e-war but this is the truth. I used to work at a corporate repair center and I used to get at least 10 people in a day asking to upgrade their phone. I remember a conversation that I will never forget that went like this -

Me - "Welcome to Sprint how may I help you sir?"
Customer - "Hi, I'd like to get my phone upgraded"
Me - "Okay sir, let's go take a look at some phones that you want. Then I'll look over your plan[s] to see if you have the right plan and btw this requires a renewal of your contract extending it for another 2 years."
Customer - "Ummm no, I want to use TEP to get a different phone"
Me - "Sir, upgrading your phone requires a 2 year contract renewal"
Customer - "My friend got his 6700 "upgraded" to a Module last week and didn't have to renew his contract at the other store."
Me - "Whats a module sir?, [Points at phone] Ohhhh, you mean the Mogul?"
Customer - "Yes, the module!"
Me - "I'm sorry sir I will not be able to do that but I will let my technician look over your phone"
Customer - "OKay I just want my module and I'll leave"
Me - "Okay sir just give me about 15 so my tech can look this over."

So my tech looks at his phone and NOTHING is wrong with it. Just some dust in the mic hole. I gave the phone back and said there is nothing wrong and he threw a fit and I said sorry, have a nice day.

In conclusion - TEP is used to replace a phone that will not work anymore. It cannot have water damage and I believe NOW the phone cannot have physical damage. It has to be a factory defect or software defect. And they use a system to find out what phone is available. If you bring in a Touch and they can surely order a Touch then we will order one for you. If they have one in stock [I doubt store will have them in stock because they are EOL.] then they will give you what the have in stock. If they go against and give you a Touch Diamond it will be a strike against them and it will show up in the audit that occurs very often.

So this post is just FYI and is not intended to start a fight.

I am just posting this because certain people abuse TEP and caused the price of TEP to raise up in the past years.

Have a nice day!

I <3 Android
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:57 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

and it is because people want to upgrade their phones through TEP that water damage and physical damage are being looked at more closely now too.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:27 PM
Almost a VIP

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
and it is because people want to upgrade their phones through TEP that water damage and physical damage are being looked at more closely now too.
Thanks mom I forgot to mention that too!

Oh yeah I dont work at Sprint anymore so my opinions are of my own and from my experience in the past.

I have also been a customer since 2001 so I know a thing or two =]
Old 11-12-2008, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Mizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mizono Send a message via MSN to Mizono

To put in my 2 cents. Most know me as a Tier 2 advanced tech. Well I have recently moved to a position as a in store tech. As previously stated and as per policy. The Touch is EOL. So unless the repair center you go to doesnt sell alot of them most likely it will be out of stock. As for refurbs thats a hit or miss. Yes IF your phone is DOA or is not repairable and you cant make or recieve calls you will most likely walk out with a diamond. But as was mentioned TEP certainly is not a upgrade program. If you can make calls on your phone were ordering you a touch. My store sees alot of people try the upgrade with TEP and it really ruins the program for others. Now the insurance does not cover physical damage. It is manufacturer warranty or software defect. Anything else goes to Asurion.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

jaredakelly is keeping up the good workjaredakelly is keeping up the good work

i just dropped my phone on the power button rendering unusable.......just yesterday i went into a 3rd party store to get it replaced and they ordered me a new one and it will be here in like 5 days but i can't wait. is there anyway to cancel that? or can i go to a corporate store and put in a new ins order? and what are the chances you guys think of the corporate store replaceing it? they did mention that they have no more touch's.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredakelly View Post
i just dropped my phone on the power button rendering unusable.......just yesterday i went into a 3rd party store to get it replaced and they ordered me a new one and it will be here in like 5 days but i can't wait. is there anyway to cancel that? or can i go to a corporate store and put in a new ins order? and what are the chances you guys think of the corporate store replaceing it? they did mention that they have no more touch's.
If you dont pick it up then it will be canceled

Also if you go into a coporate store the process starts all over again.

You sign in, tech checks phone, if it fails then they get a replacement or order one for you therefore canceling the other order.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

jaredakelly is keeping up the good workjaredakelly is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99accordv6 View Post
If you dont pick it up then it will be canceled

Also if you go into a coporate store the process starts all over again.

You sign in, tech checks phone, if it fails then they get a replacement or order one for you therefore canceling the other order.
they just gave me a new vogue. i was hoping they would give me a diamond but unfortunately for me they got a new shipment of vogue's. on the bright side i got a new phone for free. i feel though that i could've received a new diamond if they didn't have any vogue's in stock
Old 11-16-2008, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 Touch Pro 2, Apache (still working great)
Carrier: ALL SERO, ALL THE TIME with android

EJFudd is a n00b

My 6700 just died and they replaced it with a 6900sp, not sure if it's a touch or a vogue. But its in hand. It was refuribed. But an upgrade none the less. Said the 6700 are on back order. About two weeks on back order, but that was 10 days ago!! I do miss my slide out keyboard. The CS said if I didn't like the phone to come back in and they would "make it right". TO BE CONTINUED.......
Old 11-16-2008, 02:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJFudd View Post
My 6700 just died and they replaced it with a 6900sp, not sure if it's a touch or a vogue. But its in hand. It was refuribed. But an upgrade none the less. Said the 6700 are on back order. About two weeks on back order, but that was 10 days ago!! I do miss my slide out keyboard. The CS said if I didn't like the phone to come back in and they would "make it right". TO BE CONTINUED.......
Well it's a touch which IS a vouge, same thing.

I loved my ole brick of a 6700, but also loved my mogul being so much smaller and more powerful, but it was still big, when I got my touch It was like the perfect phone just barely bigger than the huge screen and very thin perfect for me.

I don't text a lot so the loss of the keyboard didn't matter compared to the size factor.

Sounds like if you want the keyboard back, you may just have a shot at getting a Touch Pro upgrade, which has a slide out keyboard and is the replacement for the mogul.

If you go back before the shipment of 6700's arrive and get the same guy you might just walk away with the Pro if you can't live with the lack of a keyboard, long shot but he said "we will make it right", good luck.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison