PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 08:42 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone switched from Touch to Touch Pro through insurance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Just an update on the topic.
After 2.5 hours at the Sprint Repair Store, they finally agreed that my Touch needed replaced. The charger port no longer worked. They said they would order a new one and it would be in in a few days. I pointed out the Replacement/Repair conditions say they will repair or replace it with a comparable model and that is what I wanted. They said they will only replace it with a different model if the original is no longer available. No Luck!
I'll just have to see now if it is a crappy refurb, the broken one I have now was a refurb from a month ago that came with a dark spot on the screen. Oh well, they'll eventually run out of Touch's, if not hopefully a new HTC phone will be out next year that I feel is actually worth $300 and a 2 yr contract extension (TouchHD anyone.)
Got my replacement Touch. It came in a white box so looks to be a refurb, but it looks brand new, no defects, perfect screen. Had the new 6.1 GPS Rom already on it. Unlocked it and flashed "Revised 12/31/08 Vogue Rom with New IE6 base 3.14." Rom, running smoother than ever! Not sure why but it came with a new "Motorola" wall charger.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Lurker

mitbar23 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

mogul is on backorder as of now and they are sending out pros for the mogul and offering diamonds for moguls and touches as of today since everything is on backorder. go through asurion directly.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mtstmp is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitbar23 View Post
mogul is on backorder as of now and they are sending out pros for the mogul and offering diamonds for moguls and touches as of today since everything is on backorder. go through asurion directly.
just tried asurion replacement online and they said they would offer a refurb vogue....
Old 01-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

vannyx is a n00b

They said no more moguls, End of life. worse yet they wont upgrade you to the pro because they say they dont have enough. So im getting a treo 800w lost my phone and now i cant even have a HTC with a keyboard.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

They did give me a new Diamond for Old Touch in 3rd week of December... I am totally unhappy with Diamond, but they would not move me up to Touch Pro... I think they ahve put a note in my file.. lol

But, they did tell me that they have Touch (Vogue) now in stock and can reverse switch me with another Touch, just in case I am too unhappy with the Diamond...
Old 01-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

BTW, Assurian told me today that they have been told to send Touch Pro to only those customers who already own a TP....

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison