View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 01:38 PM
99accordv6
Almost a VIP

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone switched from Touch to Touch Pro through insurance?

*WARNING Long Post, Get Some Popcorn*

Okay everyone ..

TEP is not supposed to be used to "upgrade" to a newer phone.

Im not trying to start a fight in here but this is one of the reasons why Sprint changed up their policy on TEP. Simply because too many people are going into the stores asking to "upgrade" their phones because their current phone is screwed up.

TEP is not an "upgrade" program. If you intend on walking into a Coporate store, a third party store, contacting retentions [btw dont call in and ask for retentions either, but thats a different story], or by contacting ecare and asking for an "upgrade".

If you want an "upgrade" your phone, then go into the store and sign a 2 year contract and get your $150 discount and call it a day.

AGAIN, TEP is not an "upgrade" program. Some may seem to think it's an "upgrade" because you may be one of the few to get lucky and get your phone replaced with a different model phone.

AGAIN x 2 I am not trying to start an e-war but this is the truth. I used to work at a corporate repair center and I used to get at least 10 people in a day asking to upgrade their phone. I remember a conversation that I will never forget that went like this -

Me - "Welcome to Sprint how may I help you sir?"
Customer - "Hi, I'd like to get my phone upgraded"
Me - "Okay sir, let's go take a look at some phones that you want. Then I'll look over your plan[s] to see if you have the right plan and btw this requires a renewal of your contract extending it for another 2 years."
Customer - "Ummm no, I want to use TEP to get a different phone"
Me - "Sir, upgrading your phone requires a 2 year contract renewal"
Customer - "My friend got his 6700 "upgraded" to a Module last week and didn't have to renew his contract at the other store."
Me - "Whats a module sir?, [Points at phone] Ohhhh, you mean the Mogul?"
Customer - "Yes, the module!"
Me - "I'm sorry sir I will not be able to do that but I will let my technician look over your phone"
Customer - "OKay I just want my module and I'll leave"
Me - "Okay sir just give me about 15 so my tech can look this over."

So my tech looks at his phone and NOTHING is wrong with it. Just some dust in the mic hole. I gave the phone back and said there is nothing wrong and he threw a fit and I said sorry, have a nice day.

In conclusion - TEP is used to replace a phone that will not work anymore. It cannot have water damage and I believe NOW the phone cannot have physical damage. It has to be a factory defect or software defect. And they use a system to find out what phone is available. If you bring in a Touch and they can surely order a Touch then we will order one for you. If they have one in stock [I doubt store will have them in stock because they are EOL.] then they will give you what the have in stock. If they go against and give you a Touch Diamond it will be a strike against them and it will show up in the audit that occurs very often.

So this post is just FYI and is not intended to start a fight.

I am just posting this because certain people abuse TEP and caused the price of TEP to raise up in the past years.

Have a nice day!

I <3 Android
This post has been thanked 1 times.