PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 10:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

berardi1111 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone switched from Touch to Touch Pro through insurance?

I agree, stop abusing Sprint, they have enough problems. They provide a good product at a low low price - keep abusing them and they'll be out of business soon, and then you'll have to go to ATT or Verizon and be raped! Worse yet you may have to get a iCrap iPhone.

The Touch is a great phone, it's extremely durable and with windows mobile 6.1 and a good custom rom you should have 0 problems. Besids why would they replace the Touch with Touch Pro? I know the names are similiar but it has a keyboard... the Diamond would be the replacement eventually if not then you're doing some serious finagling....
Old 11-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: einsteinpcs

UrbanMilitia is a n00b

my touch just took a crap i am getting a refubish one but they told me at sprint that once they run out of refurbs they might have to upgrade to the pro and not the diamond because the diamond has the internal memory and the pro has expandable and they have to replace the phone with another expandable memory phone and the guy i've talked to i've known for 6 years and he's never steered me wrong i haven't purchased a phone since 2003 and have always used insurance and new upgrade phones this whole time started with the audiovox harrier monster of a phone
Old 11-25-2008, 03:46 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanMilitia View Post
my touch just took a crap i am getting a refubish one but they told me at sprint that once they run out of refurbs they might have to upgrade to the pro and not the diamond because the diamond has the internal memory and the pro has expandable and they have to replace the phone with another expandable memory phone and the guy i've talked to i've known for 6 years and he's never steered me wrong i haven't purchased a phone since 2003 and have always used insurance and new upgrade phones this whole time started with the audiovox harrier monster of a phone

Im sorry AGAIN,

Its not an upgrade for pete's sake!

I dont think they are going to replace Vouges with Rafael's my friend. I used to work at Sprint and I know what goes on, on the other side of the counter. The phone that is the most comparable to the Touch right now is the Diamond. Trust me I know and I talked to my ex co-workers and they said that is what is the most comparable to the Touch.

You cant just go in right now and get a Diamond because well, they have lots of Touch's to replace a defective one with.

Have a nice night!

kthaxbai =]

I <3 Android
Old 11-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: einsteinpcs

UrbanMilitia is a n00b

Ahh i was right just got back from sprint my refurb touch didn't work so they replaced it with the touch pro and i asked about if i am gettin the diamond because i thought u would replace with the diamond but he said since i have a memory card and the diamond doesn't have expandable memory i had a choice of the "instink" and the pro and of course i said the pro so if everyone else is lucky enough you may get the pro
Old 11-25-2008, 01:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

That is crazy. guess this answers why sprint is going out of business....
Old 11-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Almost a VIP

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Ahh i was right just got back from sprint my refurb touch didn't work so they replaced it with the touch pro and i asked about if i am gettin the diamond because i thought u would replace with the diamond but he said since i have a memory card and the diamond doesn't have expandable memory i had a choice of the "instink" and the pro and of course i said the pro so if everyone else is lucky enough you may get the pro
Oh I guess they changed their minds.

Congrats on the new phone
Old 11-25-2008, 10:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond

mtstmp is just getting started

Quote:
did you get it from the store? or from asurion? and what was wrong with your refurb?? me want too!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

b0n3 is a n00b

Quote:
I call BS on this .. show us a pic
Old 11-26-2008, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0n3 View Post
I call BS on this .. show us a pic
better be of the receipt lol he could just buy it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Almost a VIP

For sure show us the receipt of the Corporate repair center that you went to ..

Just white out your name and personal info

Leave the date and transaction details =]

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison