PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone switched from Touch to Touch Pro through insurance?

I had a messed up 6700. All I wanted was a new 6700. They gave me a Touch Pro for free. Attached is the email they sent me:

" Dear DARREL BXXXX,

Sprint has completed a modification(s) to your account. Please review this confirmation carefully to ensure the changes were made just as you asked:

Confirmation no.: 16XXXXXXX Rep Id: Date/Time: Nov 25, 2008 09:17 pm(CST)
Modification(s): On 11/25/2008, an adjustment in the amount of $566.14 was made to your account."

[
Old 11-26-2008, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

elmariachi is keeping up the good workelmariachi is keeping up the good work

I'm having some problems with my screen, what are my chances of getting a touch pro for a trade in? I will gladly take a regular touch but was wondering if anyone has gotten a diamond or a touch pro thru insurance, that would be sweet. Think I'll call sprint on friday and have them send a replacement.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro2(Wife) HD2(Me)
Carrier: Sprint... Now on to T-Mobile

wmphoto is becoming a great contributor

Well, after going through 6 Touches with the Sprint store over the course of a year they gave me a Diamond this time.
So far so good.
I like it.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

berardi1111 is just getting started

Why would you go through 6 touches? What was wrong with them?
Old 12-06-2008, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro2(Wife) HD2(Me)
Carrier: Sprint... Now on to T-Mobile

wmphoto is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by berardi1111 View Post
Why would you go through 6 touches? What was wrong with them?
From having a bricked screen from the WM6 upgrade to having buttons not working. You name it and it probably failed on one of the phones I had... I even had the internet work for a month and then after a month decide that it was using the wrong username and pass code? It would tell me every time it tried to connect to the sprint network that I was using an invalid username and pass code... This before I even had figured out how to change it on my phone...
So, I went through a lot of the hand sets... I still have a whole mess of the accessories that came with them... If someone wants something for the Touch... let me know they are going for pretty cheap....
Old 12-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep99accordv6 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmphoto View Post
From having a bricked screen from the WM6 upgrade to having buttons not working. You name it and it probably failed on one of the phones I had... I even had the internet work for a month and then after a month decide that it was using the wrong username and pass code? It would tell me every time it tried to connect to the sprint network that I was using an invalid username and pass code... This before I even had figured out how to change it on my phone...
So, I went through a lot of the hand sets... I still have a whole mess of the accessories that came with them... If someone wants something for the Touch... let me know they are going for pretty cheap....
Wow some people seem to be un-lucky with their Touch.

Ive had my original Touch since November 07 when it was soft released and I have no problems what so ever.

I've flashed so many roms and no problems yet =]

Only the occasional no calls when the phone is off but not many people call me anyways =]

Do you have any chargers? Gimme one or two! haha You can never have to many chargers =]

I <3 Android
Old 12-31-2008, 10:42 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Just an update on the topic.
After 2.5 hours at the Sprint Repair Store, they finally agreed that my Touch needed replaced. The charger port no longer worked. They said they would order a new one and it would be in in a few days. I pointed out the Replacement/Repair conditions say they will repair or replace it with a comparable model and that is what I wanted. They said they will only replace it with a different model if the original is no longer available. No Luck!
I'll just have to see now if it is a crappy refurb, the broken one I have now was a refurb from a month ago that came with a dark spot on the screen. Oh well, they'll eventually run out of Touch's, if not hopefully a new HTC phone will be out next year that I feel is actually worth $300 and a 2 yr contract extension (TouchHD anyone.)
Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

williebones is a n00b

just got switched from a Touch to a Touch Diamond at the sprint store... my screen was unresponsive and would take up to 15 minutes to recognize and touches so the guy just swapped it for a new Touch Diamond. He said the Touch Pro is not an option for a deffect replacement
Old 01-03-2009, 01:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch aka XV6900
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Vampyrate is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to Vampyrate Send a message via AIM to Vampyrate Send a message via MSN to Vampyrate Send a message via Yahoo to Vampyrate Send a message via Skype™ to Vampyrate

you have to go through like 3-4 refurbs in a rather short time to get an "upgrade" but they have to be legitimate manufacturer defects
Old 01-05-2009, 03:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

berardi1111 is just getting started

They probably still have a lot of Touches/refurb Touches floating around.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison