PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nvidia Tegra News, Updates and Latest Development watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
Sprint TP2 is pretty much manufactured already. We've seen leaked photos of it didn't we. So it will be very expensive to put a 3.5mm jack on it bcoz when U do, U will change a lot of internal working on it plus U will need a new housing for the phone. It is not a plug n play.
http://www.wmexperts.com/look-telus-touch-pro-2

So Canada gets it and we don't? riiiiggghhtttt
Old 07-21-2009, 02:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Those phone u mentioned is WM6.5 upgradeable. Tegra is even WM7 ready. TG01 already is fitted with WM6.5 and it's awesome. I am just watching the video earlier. Excuse me? We are not looking for a perfect phone. We just want a better phone than TP2. Nort just making the screen bigger then leaving everything the same. Omnia II will blow TP2 out of the water fasho.

Sprint TP2 is pretty much manufactured already. We've seen leaked photos of it didn't we. So it will be very expensive to put a 3.5mm jack on it bcoz when U do, U will change a lot of internal working on it plus U will need a new housing for the phone. It is not a plug n play.

About the clamshell, It is totally different from a slider. A slider when closed can be used as a portrait. When a clamshell is close, The main screen is covered that is why U need a smaller external screen. Now, when U open the clamshell and use it as portrait, It will be very difficult to hold on a portrait position bcoz of the keyboard on the other side of the screen. have U ever use a laptop on portrait mode? LMAO... I'm sorry but I imagine a laptop on a portrait position. It will look retarded. HAHAHA..

Well anyways, so much for that. Like I said, I will be getting the TP2 anyways not bcoz it's a Bad@ss phone. We just don't have a chose for Sprint at this point.
What bugs are in WM6.1 that are fixed in 6.5? I agree that the TG01 and Omnia II are way better than the TP2 and I agree that the TP2 is just our best choice. I just disagree that the TP2 is so bad or that 6.1 is so bad (I am running 6.5 though).

The Leo or Omni or whatever IS a clamshell but clamshells CAN be portrait. The whole point of the Leo or whatever is to replace the Universal. And the HTC Universal was a clamshell that did portrait and landscape. Also, there ARE laptops that do portrait just like the Universal. It's part of what made the Universal such a great phone. Go take a look at it: http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/02/h...htc-universal/.
That is what the Leo or whatever is supposedly going to be like. The pics that you see have been on the web for a while and are not necessarily related to the Leo.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
This is an interesting read. It's in Italian so I translated it thru google.

According to the bottom of the Article, Nobody is knows wether The phone will have keyboard or not. Well here's the clue. Remeber that HTC roadmap that was leaked months ago? If U look at the superstar's resolution, It's 800x480 which means it's a landscape device. So If U will have a landscape phone, U better have a keyboard in there. Just a theory.

One more thing, Superstar will come with WM6.5. So 6.1's bugs will be ironed out of this one.

Ya, I remember that. Not much time left to deliver the Thoth, Star, and Superstar.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:00 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
What bugs are in WM6.1 that are fixed in 6.5? I agree that the TG01 and Omnia II are way better than the TP2 and I agree that the TP2 is just our best choice. I just disagree that the TP2 is so bad or that 6.1 is so bad (I am running 6.5 though).
LOL. Dude, I do not have to list to U all the bugs that 6.1 has. 6.1 has too many issues people cannot wait to get out of it including u. U cannot even flick ur finger in 6.1 when u go to programs. U have to use the scroll bar. HAHAHA.
Quote:
The Leo or Omni or whatever IS a clamshell but clamshells CAN be portrait. The whole point of the Leo or whatever is to replace the Universal. And the HTC Universal was a clamshell that did portrait and landscape. Also, there ARE laptops that do portrait just like the Universal. It's part of what made the Universal such a great phone. Go take a look at it: http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/02/h...htc-universal/.
That is what the Leo or whatever is supposedly going to be like. The pics that you see have been on the web for a while and are not necessarily related to the Leo.
U just don't get it do U? Don't U see that it has rotating screen? ANd the laptop that do portriat is called "TABLET" The same as the universal. It has rotating /swivelling screen. The Leo will not have rotating screen because it is mentioned that it will have an external qvga screen. OMG!. Dude get ur facts together.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 07-21-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
LOL. Dude, I do not have to list to U all the bugs that 6.1 has. 6.1 has too many issues people cannot wait to get out of it including u. U cannot even flick ur finger in 6.1 when u go to programs. U have to use the scroll bar. HAHAHA.
U just don't get it do U? Don't U see that it has rotating screen? ANd the laptop that do portriat is called "TABLET" The same as the universal. It has rotating /swivelling screen. The Leo will not have rotating screen because it is mentioned that it will have an external qvga screen. OMG!. Dude get ur facts together.
Not being able to finger scroll is not a bug lol... that is just not a feature that was in 6.1 Do you know what a bug is? It is an error or mistake not a feature that you want that something doesn't have.

If the Leo is going to be a successor to the Universal the Leo WILL have a rotating screen (just like the Omni ad Universal) and it is designed to be a direct replacement for the Universal. So it will do portrait capable and having two screens by no means precludes having portrait or rotation. If you can give me some facts then I can get them straight, but seeing as no one has any, I doubt that will happen.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:06 AM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Not being able to finger scroll is not a bug lol... that is just not a feature that was in 6.1 Do you know what a bug is? It is an error or mistake not a feature that you want that something doesn't have.

If the Leo is going to be a successor to the Universal the Leo WILL have a rotating screen (just like the Omni ad Universal) and it is designed to be a direct replacement for the Universal. So it will do portrait capable and having two screens by no means precludes having portrait or rotation. If you can give me some facts then I can get them straight, but seeing as no one has any, I doubt that will happen.
I didn't that say that finger scrolling is a bug. I already said that I do not need to give U a list of bugs. Plus U gave another downfall to 6.1 urself. The features that it doesn't have. He's telling a certified A+ what a bug is.LMAO!!! Do U read the posts? Or u skip every word?

Just bcoz it's the successor does not mean it has to be exactly the same. Tell me what the external screen for? To consume extra power? Is this what ur thinking about the Leo, A phone that has rotating screen, An external dislay and a Main display? WHo does that? HAHAHA. They put ans external display so U do not need to open the clamshell just to check if U have missed calls or text massages. Oh boy oh boy... This is extremely hilarious.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

You don't need to be a total *** to everyone you disagree with jethro. I asked you to point out one bug from WM6.1. Then show me that bug fixed in WM6.5. Can you do it? No.

The HTC Universal was HTC's greatest phone ever. If they want to make a successor to it, it is logical that they will mimic it as closely as possible and that means having a portrait screen since no one wants a phone with landscape only. I don't know why you keep talking about this external screen but we have no facts that support that. These: http://www.slashgear.com/htc-leo-spe...phone-2149867/ are the only facts available, so let's stick with the facts only. A 480x800 screen indicates portrait, so I'll go ahead and say, I'm right and that it will be a portrait screen. It doesn't even have to rotate to be portrait. It could open all the way around to the back of the device.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:09 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
You don't need to be a total *** to everyone you disagree with jethro. I asked you to point out one bug from WM6.1. Then show me that bug fixed in WM6.5. Can you do it? No.

The HTC Universal was HTC's greatest phone ever. If they want to make a successor to it, it is logical that they will mimic it as closely as possible and that means having a portrait screen since no one wants a phone with landscape only. I don't know why you keep talking about this external screen but we have no facts that support that. These: http://www.slashgear.com/htc-leo-spe...phone-2149867/ are the only facts available, so let's stick with the facts only. A 480x800 screen indicates portrait, so I'll go ahead and say, I'm right and that it will be a portrait screen. It doesn't even have to rotate to be portrait. It could open all the way around to the back of the device.
Ok first I apologize if I said something U didn't like. Now on with the facts OK. Let's have a friendly arguement.
On the first link that U posted which is this-> http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=5822
clearly says this( I will paste it for you):
"The device will have the now-standard WVGA screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio, but even more interesting is the form factor of the device – it will be a clam shell with an external QVGA screen."

That link came from U. And WMpoweruser is not certain if that is Universal's successor. It it just a speculation from the writer.

The second link you post is this:
http://www.slashgear.com/htc-leo-spe...phone-2149867/
Which does not specify what orientation it has. Contrary to what ur saying 480x800. It just mentioned WVGA. It also did not mention that it will be Universal's successor. Now, Inside that link is another link which direct you to unwired website which reports the total opposite of the one reported by WMpoweruser. They said that it will not be a "clamshell" phone. It lists that the phone has 480x800 orientation. See here-> http://www.unwiredview.com/2009/07/2...pset-included/

Now do U see the relevance? A non clamshell phone's resolution is 480x800. So it means that a clamshell is? U guessed it right. LANDSCAPE! if u put an external display, the screen shouldn't be rotating coz no device has been created like that. It will defeat the purpose of rotation. With 4.3 inch display, only a retarded company will make a clamshell phone with portrait orientation. Sorry gotta laugh at this one. LMAO!!!

Now, I don't know where U get the Idea that the Universal is the greatest phone ever. That claim will always be disputed.
If your gonna update a device, or anything for that matter, it does not need to be as close as posible. That is why there is a term "Redesign" It is true on cars, computers etc.

About WM6.1 being buggy, It will take us one year to list all the bugs that people are experiencing with WM6.1. I have experience a lot myself that is why I also use WM6.5 even thou it's unofficial and there are still a lot of bugs, It is better to use than 6.1. I cannot recall the bugs that I have but if U want a specific 6.1 bugs, Try going to google and search it yourself. If Ur claiming that U never experience bugs from 6.1, U don't have a WM phone. Start by reading here http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~davy/phoneme/?q=node/14

Last edited by jethro_static; 07-21-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

KK. Back to friendly (and after this I suppose we should get back to the topic of Tegra also... hehe)

Well yes, redesign is good but many people say that the Universal was HTC's greatest (obviously anytime something is the greatest not everyone will agree). I've never used a Universal (before my time of using PPC) but by the design I would have to agree.

Nothing offical has listed an external display for the Leo. I know I posted the wmpowerusers link but it was just the first info on the phone and I assumed people had continued reading about it (my bad). They had no facts at all, just a rumor someone told them. Tha next link I posted from slashgear was one of the first with the actual partial spec sheet for the phone. Also, nowhere does it say that it is clamshell, but the speculation is that it is the successor the Universal which WAS a clamshell, with a rotating screen, with portrait orientation AND landscape. It was one of HTC's most successful phones, if not the best.

Anyhow, we'd prolly better wait for futher specs to be released instead of us arguing over unknown stuff
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:36 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Ok now for the good news! Engadget reports that a TG01 in CDMA flavor passes FCC. It's not sure what carrier it will land on but I really don't care. Whatever carrier it lands, I will surely get this one and make it to work in Sprint. wooohoooo!! I'm excited. I already forgot this is a Nvidia Tegra thread. Click here for the story.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives