PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 07:39 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Nvidia Tegra News, Updates and Latest Development watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagrom Nniuq View Post
KK. Back to friendly (and after this I suppose we should get back to the topic of Tegra also... hehe)

Well yes, redesign is good but many people say that the Universal was HTC's greatest (obviously anytime something is the greatest not everyone will agree). I've never used a Universal (before my time of using PPC) but by the design I would have to agree.

Nothing offical has listed an external display for the Leo. I know I posted the wmpowerusers link but it was just the first info on the phone and I assumed people had continued reading about it (my bad). They had no facts at all, just a rumor someone told them. Tha next link I posted from slashgear was one of the first with the actual partial spec sheet for the phone. Also, nowhere does it say that it is clamshell, but the speculation is that it is the successor the Universal which WAS a clamshell, with a rotating screen, with portrait orientation AND landscape. It was one of HTC's most successful phones, if not the best.

Anyhow, we'd prolly better wait for futher specs to be released instead of us arguing over unknown stuff
Agreed but When I went to unwired and they said that it's not a clamshell, I became so excited. With Snapdragon, WM6.5 and all that goodness, woohooo! Now I gotta wait for the Leo too. I said it b4 that I'm big on screen sizes. Thanks for that link brother.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 07-21-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow, I saw that announcement about the TG01 but rushed home to post it and someone already had. Man, Tegra has some serious competition coming hard and fast. I'm really losing interest fast. Unless they get it out this year, I'm pretty sure everyone else will be caught up with them.

Last edited by Nagrom Nniuq; 07-21-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:56 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Wow, I saw that announcement about the TG01 but rushed home to post it and someone already had. Man, Tegra has some serious competition coming hard and fast. I'm really losing interest fast. Unless they get it out this year, I'm pretty sure everyone else will be caught up with them.
I post it on #120. Well, Its the beginning of the weeks and leaks are pouring everywhere and I do not know where to turn my head. There's a lot I wanna see in flesh.
TG01 in CDMA
SE android "racheal" with 8 MP camera and 4" display
HTC Leo With it's 4.3" display
The mysterious xv6975 which rumors say it's the whitestone. I prolly say it's diamond 2.
Have U wondered about diamond 2 not being rumored on going to Sprint to replace it's predecessor? Diamond2 should come out B4 TP2 coz D1 came b4 TP1. Maybe bcoz they will replace the all-touchscreen smartphone with TG01? I know The Diamond didn't really took off coz people want the TP. But prolly will be different this time. TP2 or TG01? maybe that's Sprint's new strategy. I'll take em both!
With all this hype circling the net, Why is it our beloved Tegra is still MIA? No leaked photo, or leaked specs or not even a little talk from Nvidia about the Superstar?

Last edited by jethro_static; 07-22-2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

6975 is the Diamond 2 for sure. We know it from the Verizon codes. That would be sweet if Sprint isn't picking up the Diamond 2 and instead are getting the TG01 except the TG01 has a worse camera and interface than the Diamond 2. But the TG01 has a way faster CPU and way better screen. Aggg why can they not get all the good stuff in 1 phone.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
Ok now for the good news! Engadget reports that a TG01 in CDMA flavor passes FCC. It's not sure what carrier it will land on but I really don't care. Whatever carrier it lands, I will surely get this one and make it to work in Sprint. wooohoooo!! I'm excited. I already forgot this is a Nvidia Tegra thread. Click here for the story.

can't wait.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...e-works-all-o/

Tegra phone confirmed coming from Samsung!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:25 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...e-works-all-o/

Tegra phone confirmed coming from Samsung!
Yup, read it the other day. It's a good news. I hope sammy delivers. I'm thinking Tegra with Amoled? This will destroy a lot of competition.
It's gonna be GSM on the 1st release. It's OK. I just wanna see Tegra rolling with the big boys already.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

The GSM on 1st release is just a rumor right now though. But I would guess it's accurate. Even if it is CDMA it will prolly go Verizon since Verizon gets all the good Sammy phones...
Old 07-25-2009, 10:41 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
The GSM on 1st release is just a rumor right now though. But I would guess it's accurate. Even if it is CDMA it will prolly go Verizon since Verizon gets all the good Sammy phones...
Well, it's always GSM first all the time. LOL
Dude, I think we're the only solid Tegra fans in here. HAHAHA. We're already pioneers even b4 it is released.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Lol, I think we are the stupid ones. Everyone else gave up and forgot about stupid Tegra back when it was obvious it was vaporware... Ah well, we will cling to our Tegra and never let go!

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives