PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

uhohitzluke is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nvidia Tegra News, Updates and Latest Development watch

i want my tegra nao!!! >:O
Old 07-26-2009, 05:13 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhohitzluke View Post
i want my tegra nao!!! >:O
I'm sorry but the Tegra is only for Decepticons.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 07-26-2009, 06:37 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Brothers in Tegra. Pls allow me to derail our topic a little bit. I just can't get my eyes off the TG01. Especially knowing that it will hit the US shores pretty soon. I am not really impressed with the Toshiba UI that they put in there and the 6.1 OS it's running. But this demo with 6.5 really impressed me already. It's not official from toshiba so it's not perfect for the device yet but we can see it's smooth transitions just like what 6.5 did to our vogues. On the video demo, The reviewer seems like he's having a hard time navigating 6.5. Maybe he's not familliar with it yet. But we can see that it's really nice and I know for sure, No Iphone owner will not be impressed with this device. They will be amazed at the gigantic screen size,(TG01 dwarfs the Iphone even the Touch HD. I saw it side by side on a picture) the slim depth and the responsiveness of the touchscreen. They will be in total disbelief learning that it's running Windows Mobile. How about running TF3D in there? this will be a monster. Click here for the short demo.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: samsung omnia
Carrier: verizon

zr2ee is a n00b

its kinda sad though that it takes a 1Ghz processor to run windows mobile smoothly when other platforms will do so at quite a bit less....maybe there's more to the hardware i dont know about
Old 07-27-2009, 08:31 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr2ee View Post
its kinda sad though that it takes a 1Ghz processor to run windows mobile smoothly when other platforms will do so at quite a bit less....maybe there's more to the hardware i dont know about
It's actually the OS. TG01 with 6.1 is sluggish, lags and slow. Other people say it's just as good as TP which has half the speed. Well the potential is on 6.5 hopefully.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:58 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Ok, Nagrom And I discussed about the HTC Leo few days back. Rumor has it that it will replace the HTC Universal. There are 2 specs that came out. the one with 3.6" and the one with 4.3". The one with 3.6"later came out as the HTC firestone with the leaked photo included. So everyone thought that HTC lea and Firestone are the same. I was thinkin it can't be. They have a significant difference on the specs. So today, That question is answered. The HTC Leo will not replace the Universal but instead it will replace the Athena. On the 2009 HTC roadmap, It's the HTC Thoth which whosdaman and I also discussed. So Leo = Thoth the Athena successor. It makes more sense coz Athena has a 5 inch screen and is more like a MID than a phone which will be the same with Leo. Head on to WMexperts for more details.

I apologize if I post this here. I also like this phone and I want to discuss it with my buddies. Coz here is quiet. It's like we have out own little world in here.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Nagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on repNagrom Nniuq is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yup, the Thoth for sure. I had a post typed up saying I thought it would be the Thoth last week lol. But I stopped because I thought everyone would say I'm stupid... lol. Then it comes out today. Ah well.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:56 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

U know if only sprint will get all this phones, I will buy em all and switch to a different phone each week. HAHA..I'm so greedy.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

That phone is sweet! It's obvious he hasn't had any exposure to 6.5...
Old 07-28-2009, 11:16 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
That phone is sweet! It's obvious he hasn't had any exposure to 6.5...
Which phone?

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives