PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 12:27 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: Nvidia Tegra News, Updates and Latest Development watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Yeah.. Here is a thread about that Microsoft Smartphone..
Yeah I post it a day b4 ur thread is created. Like I said in the bottom, U see it here first.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=22

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
Old 12-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Rumors, rumors, and more rumors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
So this new M$ OS that they are talking about will be codenamed "Kumo". It is designed for ease of use while still having the power of WM. As of now, it is all a rumor and only time will tell. So just stay tuned.
I've read that Kumo is something else related to search, perhaps a new brand name for Live or a code name for new features. I can't imagine "Kumo" would be a better brand name than "Live".

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-10106314-75.html
Old 12-03-2008, 02:24 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Rumors, rumors, and more rumors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
I've read that Kumo is something else related to search, perhaps a new brand name for Live or a code name for new features. I can't imagine "Kumo" would be a better brand name than "Live".

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-10106314-75.html
yes that is true about kumo but this guy have a theory about it too. i'll post a link about it when i get home. as we said, it's still a rumor as of yet
Old 12-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Microsoft needs to align their online strategy.. You have Live Search, Live Products, Live e-mail, Hotmail, blah blah blah... But let's not get off topic here... lol
Old 12-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel07 View Post
Microsoft needs to align their online strategy.. You have Live Search, Live Products, Live e-mail, Hotmail, blah blah blah... But let's not get off topic here... lol
If you follow Windows Live, that is exactly what they are going for. They want Live to be the one-stop shop for email, photos, homepage, etc. the way Google has been doing for a lot of folks so far.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:05 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

here's a part of the article about this guy talking about Kumo maybe a super secret OS from microsoft.

Another pundit has dared to dream even bigger. Over at our sister site, Microsoft-Watch, Joe Wilcox says he thinks Kumo could represent a new super-secret mobile operating system aimed at enabling Windows Mobile to better compete with Android and the iPhone. Such an OS would integrate with the Zune content and Skywalk application delivery services, offer a browser that's actually usable, and avoid time-to-market problems miring down Microsoft's other mobile efforts. Wilcox writes, "The time has come. It's inevitable: Either Microsoft has a secret phone project, or it's mobile strategy is collapsed."

Read the full article here:
http://www.windowsfordevices.com/news/NS8076523895.html

I say, M$ keeps making WM function as a mini PC and Bcoz of that, We expect so much from WM devices which it cannot meet bcoz the hardware is just not sufficient enough. Just make WM phone function as a handheld and focus on that. MAke the phone part better, multimedia, handheld games, 3d engine and video accelerators. Just make it a mini laptop if the hardware is powerful enough. Bcoz of this problems, people just go and get the other phones. anyways, if we need a heavy computing, we have a laptop to use.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

SirNathaniel is becoming a great contributor

These Tegra phones really need to come to Sprint, it's already got the fastest mobile broadband, which is gonna get even faster as they pump it to the first 4G network in 2010, under their whole big project with Clearwire, Comcast and TimeWarner. Sprint would be such fools not to go for this, it'd be the perfect device to showcase their internet speeds and also display massive hardware and software superiority to the iphone.

This would be the device to show that Windows mobile never was the problem, the crappy hardware it was put on was, and this phone has the perfect hardware to truly run WM flawlessly.

Screw the TP, the only way I'll get it is if my mogul dies before I can get a Tegra, otherwise, I'm holdin out as long as possible till I can get this amazing device! My contracts been out for a couple years, so I can just switch if the Tegra goes to someone else instead (God forbid though, really).
Old 12-23-2008, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

SirNathaniel is becoming a great contributor
Cool Screw TP, bring on the Tegras, nvidia!!!

Okay, like many of you, I'm freakin sick of my mogul, it seems to be dying, it's slower than glacial movement, but all these issues with the diamond and TP are just scaring me, I'm not going to bother upgrading to either of them, no, I'm sticking with my mogul till the Tegra phones to come out.

Anyone hear anything new since the last brief article from Nov. 24th?

These Tegra phones really need to come to Sprint, it's already got the fastest mobile broadband, which is gonna get even faster as they pump it to the first 4G network in 2010, under their whole big project with Clearwire, Comcast and TimeWarner. Sprint would be such fools not to go for this, it'd be the perfect device to showcase their internet speeds and also display massive hardware and software superiority to the iphone.

This would be the device to show that Windows mobile never was the problem, the crappy hardware it was put on was, and this phone has the perfect hardware to truly run WM flawlessly.

Screw the TP, the only way I'll get it is if my mogul dies before I can get a Tegra, otherwise, I'm holdin out as long as possible till I can get this amazing device! My contracts been out for a couple years, so I can just switch if the Tegra goes to someone else instead (God forbid though, really).
Old 12-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Threads merged.

late,
Santa Coz
Old 12-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Re: Screw TP, bring on the Tegras, nvidia!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirNathaniel View Post
Okay, like many of you, I'm freakin sick of my mogul, it seems to be dying, it's slower than glacial movement, but all these issues with the diamond and TP are just scaring me, I'm not going to bother upgrading to either of them, no, I'm sticking with my mogul till the Tegra phones to come out.

Anyone hear anything new since the last brief article from Nov. 24th?

I don't know that I'm sick of my Mogul but I'd like something more up to date as much as anyone else. I'm also waiting to see if they put something out with this chipset before I upgrade to anything. My Mogul does everything I need and it's not particularly slow but the hardware looks dated next to the iPhone and the new HTCs. I hope that whoever puts it out and whatever version of WM it runs, they get a decent infrastructure in place to distribute apps. That is gonna be one of the things that they have to catch up on what with the iPhone app store and the Android marketplace already in place. I have no problem installing cabs but if we're talking about mass adoption there is a lot of catching up to do.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives