PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Photon 4G

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Maybe Moving from Windows. Would like some real input reivews from users

I've been a Windows user for many many years. From the old PDA days, up to the current, now discontinued HTC Arrive.

So anyway, since Sprint is no longer selling the Arrive and there's not really a newer WP8 device yet named, I was looking today at the different Droid phones that cold replace it. My wife has the Epic 4G and has really liked it. I've been up for renewal now for more than a year but was waiting for the next WP to come out.

Anyway, she really likes the Epic. I've really liked Windows, but I'm far from a Fanboy about it. I had a few things about the phone I wasn't sure on, I really didn't give it that close of a look.

How is the call quality on the phone?

I don't see or notice any kind of SD/MicroSD slot. IS there one for expandability?

What's the purpose of the dual USB ports?

How are Motorola Smartphones? I used a lot of Motorola phones with NexTel but never one of their Smartphones. I have pretty much been an HTC person from PDAs to cellphones up to this point.

Thanks for the input. It's appreciated.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:30 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Maybe Moving from Windows. Would like some real input reivews from users

I think you should move away from sprint to T-mobile, they will have at least 3 WP8 phones to choose from and will also have unlimited data.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, I get a better deal with Sprint and I've been with them for the better part of 14 or so years including my initial time with NexTel before being moved over. I'm really just interested in the phone , if I do move over to Droid.

BTW, I found the answer to one of my questions about the dual ports on the side. I now know that 1 is an HDMI port.

I think my biggest question is about expansion. I did no see anything in the pics about SD card slots. I think that might be a deal breaker for me. I listen to alot of podcasts and such so I take up a lot of memory on my Arrive. I even upgraded the memory on it with the 32gb card so I would stop running out of room with the 16gb it came with.

THanks
Old 08-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

Well on T-mobile you'll get faster speeds and will be on the more superior GSM technology.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:07 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Well on T-mobile you'll get faster speeds and will be on the more superior GSM technology.

You just don't get it do ya? I called you out for basically the exact same crap less than 24hrs ago in this thread and here you go again.. Do you read entire posts or just enough that you feel another one of your tmobile/wp plugs is warranted? OP clearly says "I'm really just interested in the phone"..yet you ignore that and "plug" away. How is your post in any way beneficial to this thread and its questions?

Like I said before, IT'S REALLY ANNOYING SEEING YOU POST IT EVERYWHERE(and not really fair to us frequent/dedicated members who have to consistently put up with it)!! Enough is enough..seriously give it a rest!!!

@ Mods: I'm sorry for the off topic but the way he runs(wild) around here with his postings is getting a bit ridiculous(and extremely old)! Maybe shorten/tighten his leash or something(seriously something needs to change)

Donations accepted not expected!

Last edited by lnando84; 08-26-2012 at 06:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Banned User

Frequent members? This site only averages about 25 members online and only a hand count of new posts.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Quote:
Frequent members? This site only averages about 25 members online and only a hand count of new posts.
That isn't relevant...

He calls you out for your constant plugs and no actual desire to help OP and your response is to bash the site...

That's just puerile.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus on the PPCGeeks App
Old 08-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Banned User

I was trying to help, this phone he's trying to get will be useless since it doesn't support LTE and will only run on sprint's slow 3G network if he doesn't have Wi-Max coverage.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Quote:
I was trying to help, this phone he's trying to get will be useless since it doesn't support LTE and will only run on sprint's slow 3G network if he doesn't have Wi-Max coverage.
Now THAT is helpful, you could have just said that initially...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus on the PPCGeeks App
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I thought the newer Photon supported the newer LTE service? I'm almost sure that's what the guy was telling me in the store. I could have been wrong though.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Photon 4G