PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which messaging client do you prefer?
HTC Messaging 9 47.37%
Stock WM Messaging 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.8.0 [22-Apr-2011]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Daniel View Post
<deleted>

Speaking of making buttons, would it be possible to make a "lock" button that would be present in the start menu and that I could choose as one of my SimClock programs? I don't like using the end button as my lock button (I got used to it bringing me to my home screen), so I usually keep a "lock" free link on my first page in the smallest setting possible. However, I would love for it to go under the SimClock, so I could hide it when I want (it isn't what you would call eye candy). Any ideas?
Why not turn on the softkeys and set one of your softbar soft keys as the screen lock? The feature is already built into CHT.

Last edited by bawaji; 04-24-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:09 AM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

Judge_Daniel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawaji View Post
Why not turn on the softkeys and set one of your softbar soft keys as the screen lock? The feature is already built into CHT.
I realize it isn't a huge deal, but the icon for "lock" isn't the same style as the other icons. I'm not sure how to mess with them, either. I think I might try what pm_mazur said.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker

JMart, looks like the setting for Windows start menu is not working properly for me. I chose QuickMenu but it still showed the default windows menu. After setting and restarting a few times, the Quickmenu showed up but SimClock was not displaying. After another restart, it went back to being displayed as the default windows menu. What am I doing wrong?
Old 04-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Daniel View Post
I realize it isn't a huge deal, but the icon for "lock" isn't the same style as the other icons. I'm not sure how to mess with them, either. I think I might try what pm_mazur said.
The icon for lock in the softbar is just the word "LOCK" like the other icons (except for the windows start menu icon). I was not able to find an obvious .exe file in \Windows for the lock function. The icon showing an image of a lock is \Windows\CHT_lock.png. If you can locate the lock exe file, it should be possible to set up a shortcut for it and access it from the start menu.

Also, regarding setting up Restart Sense in the Start Menu, the same idea can be used if one knows the executable to restart Sense. I clicked on \Windows\CHTRestart.exe from within Total Commander but nothing happened!

Last edited by bawaji; 04-25-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio/Project Teya

gpinc is a n00b
Smile Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.8.0 [22-Apr-2011]

hi jmart,

got a issue with CHT lock screens (all). eventhough screen locked still all phone buttons are working call,end,home button etc. Teya lock screens are fine, cause you have to unlock the screen to use phone buttons as usual.
can anybody chech this. wanna know whether problem with CHT or with me.
checked with all 3 lock screens with CHT and same problem.
Thanks in advance.
Teya Rocks
Old 04-25-2011, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BRosenow is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderz72 View Post
I've been stuck on the "configuring your device" screen for a little over 10 mins...what's the expected time for this screen? I know on previous versions it was usually pretty quick on initial startup.

I think I might try re-flashing to see if that helps at all. Thanks again.

UPDATE: I've tried pulling the battery as well as soft re-setting a few times, while allowing varying times of "startup" each attempt. The shortest was about 5 mins, longest was just over an hour. Each time, it displays "Thank you for using Project: Teya" and then gets stuck on the "configuring your device" screen. I tried hard reset also, same result.

Luckily I was able to re-flash stock ROM in bootloader mode. This is the only way I could get any type of response out of the phone. No matter what stage of startup, I could not establish an ActiveSync connection in any way.

Anyone else having issues?
YES - this has been a painful, and so far unsuccessful upgrade for me. Like Anderz72, my Imagio got stuck on the "Configuring your device . . ." screen for 10+ minutes. Soft-reset, hard-reset, they all got me back to exactly the same place. I got frustrated and attempted to load other ROMS by placing the WHITIMG.nbh files on my MicroSD cards (first my 16GB and then my 2GB) and each time it errored out with "No image file!". I was finally able to go into Bootloader mode, connect the USB cable and run the install of the MR2 update, which succeeded. Man - this thing came with an UGLY ROM!

Having gotten the stock ROM installed and configured, I figured I would give Teya 1.8 another go . . . and it just won't get past the "Configuring" screen. I'm hoping I can get back to Teya 1.7 and get back to work.

I can't say I know what the problem is, but 1.8 JUST WON'T LOAD for me.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:10 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

gpinc Thank you! You can find the old task bar dafunk's NGTV Taskbar. Yeah, unfortunately the HTC dialer takes over much more than I expected. I will probably remove that option in later builds. I am working on the CHT lockscreen, it seems to be very intermittent and I just need to figure out why. I would suggest not using it until it is resolved.

bawaji I'm glad to hear that the battery issue is worked out!
- The only other SMS option I know of is WM and I honestly hate it.
- Sorry, I completely forgot about XDA_UC as a shortcut. Next release
- Search will be in the next release
- I'll take a look at GPS viewer, is this the same one? GPS Viewer
- If you are skinning your taskbar and softbar to match your home screen, then you will need to use the same wall paper as your lockscreen. You can't define a separate image for the lockscreen taskbar.
- The main difference isn't much now, but there are subtle differences. The background image and selected images are different, the text has different alignment and icons are aligned differently as well. WP7 is made to match the WP7 start menu.
- I didn't put the option to backup tasks and appointments because PIMbackup already does this for us.
- To be honest, I am not sure where NRG stores his files. Mine are stored in the Storage Card\XDA_UC directory.
- I haven't had any problems switching back and forth between QM and WM start menu. I just tried again to verify and it is working for me. How are you going about it and did you install anything post flash that could be interfering with it?

pm_mazur I just started having this problem myself and it is probably the same thing that is causing other CHT (i.e. - lockscreen) issues. I will be working on this. When you say "reset" do you mean reset device or reset sense? If it's device, there is a program named Shutdown in the start menu that will do this for you. If you want to manually restart Sense,
--Start Menu
----Settings
------Home
--------Items
----------Deselect "Sense" and press the check/ok in the bottom right
------------Go back into Home
--------------Items
----------------Re-enable "Sense"

- The next release will have a much easier way of restarting Sense in a crunch.

Judge_Daniel I didn't have time to skin all the images, but I will get them done. I can knock out the Lock image for you if you would like.

My apologies to those having problems getting 1.8.0 to load, I tried a new configuration method that works fine for my device and many others. However it is causing major problems for other people. I will be uploading a newer version that will have this corrected and even better. I finally figured out a much better (faster too) way of initial configuration and it should also help with the auto configuration of MMS for Verizon users.

Hopefully I answered all your questions and concerns, if I missed something please let me know.

***EDIT*** First post updated with Teya 1.8.1

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

Last edited by jmart518; 04-25-2011 at 05:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pm_mazur is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post

pm_mazur I just started having this problem myself and it is probably the same thing that is causing other CHT (i.e. - lockscreen) issues. I will be working on this. When you say "reset" do you mean reset device or reset sense? If it's device, there is a program named Shutdown in the start menu that will do this for you. If you want to manually restart Sense,
--Start Menu
----Settings
------Home
--------Items
----------Deselect "Sense" and press the check/ok in the bottom right
------------Go back into Home
--------------Items
----------------Re-enable "Sense"

- The next release will have a much easier way of restarting Sense in a crunch

***EDIT*** First post updated with Teya 1.8.1
I had a chance of trying out the sense restart the same way you just showed me but that didn't work. it kept on promping to restart sense after loading sense multiple times.
Also I did find a quality issue with bluetooth stereo audio. I hear a bunch of static while listening to music through my bluetooth headphones. I did check the Energy and stock ROM and there was no static, so I know that it wasn't the headphones. I'll try using a different player to check if it is just the htc music player.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 AM
N00b

Judge_Daniel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
Judge_Daniel I didn't have time to skin all the images, but I will get them done. I can knock out the Lock image for you if you would like.
Don't worry about it. I'd rather you spend your time working out bugs before reskinning anything. Besides, I ended up placing the lock button as the middle softkey. It doesn't line up or have a reflection, but it looks intentional because of its placement.

I do have some questions/suggestions for the weather widget, though. In 1.7.0 I really liked having push-to-update and the "last updated" part on the widget. Is there any way to get these back?

Thanks for all of the help!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

pm_mazur is just getting started
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.8.1 [25-Apr-2011]

hey Jmart I just noticed your 1.8.1 version. Any major changes? or is it something I could live without?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development