PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which messaging client do you prefer?
HTC Messaging 9 47.37%
Stock WM Messaging 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.8.0 [22-Apr-2011]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
bawaji I'm glad to hear that the battery issue is worked out!
- The only other SMS option I know of is WM and I honestly hate it.
- Sorry, I completely forgot about XDA_UC as a shortcut. Next release
- Search will be in the next release
- I'll take a look at GPS viewer, is this the same one? GPS Viewer
- If you are skinning your taskbar and softbar to match your home screen, then you will need to use the same wall paper as your lockscreen. You can't define a separate image for the lockscreen taskbar.
- The main difference isn't much now, but there are subtle differences. The background image and selected images are different, the text has different alignment and icons are aligned differently as well. WP7 is made to match the WP7 start menu.
- I didn't put the option to backup tasks and appointments because PIMbackup already does this for us.
- To be honest, I am not sure where NRG stores his files. Mine are stored in the Storage Card\XDA_UC directory.
- I haven't had any problems switching back and forth between QM and WM start menu. I just tried again to verify and it is working for me. How are you going about it and did you install anything post flash that could be interfering with it?
JMart,

Thanks for planning to include the Search function and XDA_UC shrotcut in the next update.

The text messaging is becoming very un-usable. It looks like the software is trying to index messages every time I try to create a new message or look at conversations or old messages. Wish HTC / Microsoft would get their act together!

I had installed the GPS Viewer you linked to but it is not the same software. The one I mention was in the Energy ROM. It looks similar to the Efficasoft GPS Utilities but has only the satellite view and none of the other stuff.

Looks like the windows start menu being used depends on how I access it. If I push the hardware windows button, the QuickMenu comes up. If I use the Windows soft key, the WM one comes up! Looks like all when you choose the scheme in Teya Portal, it affects only the hardware button. Not a biggie but maybe something to fix in the next ROM, assuming this is happening for everyone!

I noticed that if I choose contacts in the Teya Portal to backup, it automatically opens up the PIMBackup software. That is fine. Is there any way to add a backup all button at the bottom so everything on the page is chosen? Guess I am being lazy!

Thanks again!
Old 04-26-2011, 09:50 AM
N00b
Carrier: Verizon

paperbag1 is just getting started
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.8.1 [25-Apr-2011]

Is anyone having any connection issues with Marketplace with 1.8.1? I have googled and read and tried everything I can find to try but am still unable to connect. I haven't had this problem before with any of the Teya roms. Does anyone have a fix or any insight?
Old 04-26-2011, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

scapflci is a n00b

I'm also having issues with Marketplace (with 1.8.0). Noticing constant disconnects from the service. When it does stay up long enough to download something, only free apps 'stay' on the phone. Purchased apps work at first but then disappear from the phone, I suspect some issue with registering the license is causing this.

I'm also noticing the twitter tab doesn't work, clicking login has no effect for me.

Other than these two issues I'm really impressed with this ROM, thanks so much for putting the effort into this.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

pm_mazur is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperbag1 View Post
Is anyone having any connection issues with Marketplace with 1.8.1? I have googled and read and tried everything I can find to try but am still unable to connect. I haven't had this problem before with any of the Teya roms. Does anyone have a fix or any insight?
Same here. I keep on reconnecting to see my available apps. I'll be testing out the energy rom soon, I'll keep an eye on marketplace then.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BRosenow is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm_mazur View Post
Same here. I keep on reconnecting to see my available apps. I'll be testing out the energy rom soon, I'll keep an eye on marketplace then.
I'm thinking it's the Marketplace. Since I had trouble with 1.8, I re-flashed with 1.7 and had the same problems you are describing with the Marketplace. Are they committing less resources to it, with the advent of WP7?
Old 04-28-2011, 05:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pm_mazur is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRosenow View Post
I'm thinking it's the Marketplace. Since I had trouble with 1.8, I re-flashed with 1.7 and had the same problems you are describing with the Marketplace. Are they committing less resources to it, with the advent of WP7?
It's really hard to say now. I went back to Energy to test out his new ROM and so far I had no problems with the Marketplace. It could be just a coincidence.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Ok.. figured id drop by and give 1.8 a whirl!!! =) gonna break out the imagio and flash it now
Old 04-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work

So, are you tired of your Android Thunderbolt already? This is a great ROM, except for messaging if you have too many texts saved on the phone. Very responsive, and most bugs worked out.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawaji View Post
So, are you tired of your Android Thunderbolt already? This is a great ROM, except for messaging if you have too many texts saved on the phone. Very responsive, and most bugs worked out.
lol.. no. Luv the phone. i got curious though. Wanted to see whats going on over here in imagio-land. hahahahahaha. Wanna see what the new rom looks like
Old 04-28-2011, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sonami is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to sonami Send a message via MSN to sonami

best one yet!

only thing that is really buggin me is when your typing info into boxes in the system (like when setting up an email account) when your typing the letters are whited out so you cant see what your typing, this is really really annoying...

also, on default when the rom first started up sense was turned off, took me a while to figure out what was going on, thought i had a faulty install or something...

other than that, so far so good. love the new look of things.

oh, one more thing. how can i make it so that the windows softkey opens up the same start menu as the hardkey? dont know why they would be different, but they have been for the last few releases...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development